Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I wrong to feel this way?

So yesterday was my Birthday and my Sister in Law works with me. She called my daughter the day before and asked What kind of Cake does your Mom like. My Daughter told her I can't have any Cake because I can't eat sugar. So they thought maybe an angel food cake would be good. Well my Sister in law brings me a RED VELVET CAKE with ICE CREAM. She said HAPPY BIRTHDAY...and I said well thank you but I can't eat that. She said THAT IS OK WE CAN and it's your Birthday!!!!! She said I brought you this....Chocolate Mousse yogurt! So while they ate RED VELVET CAKE with Ice Cream I SAT and watched and TRIED the yogurt! I know she meant well but it was CRUEL to me! I LOVE CAKE AND ICE CREAM but I'm only 10 weeks out today and CAN'T HAVE ANY!!! I'm I WRONG to feel like that was Cruel?

Also, I have ONLY had Fat Free Yogurts. After I took a few bites of this chocolate Mousse my tummy didn't feel right so I stopped and put it away. All day I was nauseated....could it be too much sugar in the yogurt or just a bug? I was sick the rest of the day....got off of work at 5:30 and went to bed at 6:30!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! LOL My husband said, Damn your only a day older not at year!!! LOL

Have a GREAT day everyone!!!

I think it was pretty insensitive of her. But, she really can't understand what you are going through regardless of how much she tries, or you try to get her to understand.

If you've refrained from all sugary stuff up until that yogurt, yes, it could have been too much sugar/fat considering those mousse products are typically made with whole milk which have a lot more fat than other products.

Try to stay hydrated, and keep fluids in.

I think that was very cruel, they may not know what your going through but where's the empathy. How would she like it if you made her favorite meal and she had her chews wired shut (just an example) I'm sorry the the yogurt upset your new tummy like Tiff said probably to soon. Take Care

So yesterday was my Birthday and my Sister in Law works with me. She called my daughter the day before and asked What kind of Cake does your Mom like. My Daughter told her I can't have any Cake because I can't eat sugar. So they thought maybe an angel food cake would be good. Well my Sister in law brings me a RED VELVET CAKE with ICE CREAM. She said HAPPY BIRTHDAY...and I said well thank you but I can't eat that. She said THAT IS OK WE CAN and it's your Birthday!!!!! She said I brought you this....Chocolate Mousse yogurt! So while they ate RED VELVET CAKE with Ice Cream I SAT and watched and TRIED the yogurt! I know she meant well but it was CRUEL to me! I LOVE CAKE AND ICE CREAM but I'm only 10 weeks out today and CAN'T HAVE ANY!!! I'm I WRONG to feel like that was Cruel?

Also, I have ONLY had Fat Free Yogurts. After I took a few bites of this chocolate Mousse my tummy didn't feel right so I stopped and put it away. All day I was nauseated....could it be too much sugar in the yogurt or just a bug? I was sick the rest of the day....got off of work at 5:30 and went to bed at 6:30!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! LOL My husband said, Damn your only a day older not at year!!! LOL

Have a GREAT day everyone!!!

Wow 53 pounds ... what a birthday present for yourself. You are following your doctors guidelines and the results are showing.

We can't control other peoples actions only our own. I am glad you listened to your body and stopped eating the new yogurt when something did not feel right.

Your sister in law should have listened to your daughter and not insisted on a sugary celebration. A card, movie or a water bottle would have been so much nicer.

I sure hope you are feeling better soon!

That's pretty brutal.

I would be seriously irritated with that. Maybe you can chalk it up as a learning experience? There will always be food around us that is not god for us to eat - and sometimes it is going to suck out loud that we can't have it.

Kudos to your daughter, though, for at least trying to give good information. Be proud of her for supporting you!

Take care,

Lara

screw the yogurt... give her a celery stick with a candle in it! PPl suck and don't generally think. If she has not treated you badly prior to surgery, she probably just doesn't get it and it wasn't malicious.

First off congratulations on your success!

Secondly yes it was somewhat insensitive if they wanted that cake they could've had it on their own time in their own place and just celebrated with you in some non food way.

My birthday was 11 days after the sleeve I was still on liquid Protein shakes, my family did not Celebrate with cake or anything. They did say happy birthday and gave me gifts which I was grateful for but I was glad there was no cake.

Since then there have been times when there is cake around but I know nothing tastes better then thin feels, I do not totally deprive myself if I really really really want something I have one bite and savoir it.

As far as the yogaurt goes I have problems with cold creamies, some things i've had a problem with include shakes, yogaurt, frosty's, pudding, in the cold form. I actually drink my Protein Shakes at room temperature and have no problems. Hope this helps.

Dang. That's a tough one. She couldn't have gotten you FLOWERS? Do people not do flowers anymore?

My sympathies but congrats on your success.

Sorry---off topic...just noticed that Ooopseedaisy has her 2nd surgeon's appt tomorrow and surgery next week! That is exciting! Congratulations and good luck....you will be joining the loser's bench soon too! :D

That is a pretty rude thing to do. The problem is, no one really understands what we go through. That is why we need each other on this forum. We understand! I am proud of you for not giving in and having a bite. You are doing awesome with your weight loss. Happy Belated Birthday!!! :)

Hey hope!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! And of course CONGRATS on your weight loss and your mental fortitude to *not* indulge. :)

Next, what your sister in law did was very insensitive... though I don't think she did it in a vindictive way. I think you have every right to feel upset by this. But just keep in mind she has no idea what you are *really* going through so she just went with the cake idea, even though your daughter advised her against it.

Also, it's very true that certain foods can make us feel physically upset, especially if you aren't used to eating it. I've noticed for myself anything with a high fat content usually makes me feel nauseous. High sugar will have my heart racing, and I'll crash big time an hour after eating it. This is even worse if I haven't had anything like that in as many weeks.

Hang in there, and next time don't be shy to tell her you really appreciate her effort but you would prefer to stay as far away from junk food as you possibly can. Nothing wrong with that I don't think!!

:)

That was very inconsiderate. I would be fuming angry!

It probably was the yogurt that made you feel nauseous. You've been off sugar and if it wasn't the light kind made with a sugar substitute, there could have been quite a bit of sugar in it. High fat things make me sick too.

It sounds like she had good intentions, but is just completely clueless...it was a very stupid, thoughtless thing, with the ice cream and the cake, but she probably doesn't even realize she did anything but Celebrate your birthday with you.