Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Burning pain from left incision

I am 6 days post op today. I am still having a burning/ ripping like pain from the large incision on the left side. It hurts the most when I try and get into the car, walk to far or when I am trying to sit or lay down. Does or has anyone else had this pain. It started on day 3 and has not eased up at all. In fact I would say it's worse. I did call the surgeon and he said that I might have pulled an internal stitch out, but good lord should it be this painful? If I am just sitting and not moving it does not hurt, but if I turn just the right way I am in tears.....any suggestions?

Take your pain meds and take it EASY for a few days....it'll feel better. I did the same thing. Totally overdid it when I felt better and had the same burning pain you're describing....it was awful. I felt a lot better after a day of total rest. Hope you feel better soon!

I am 6 days post op today. I am still having a burning/ ripping like pain from the large incision on the left side. It hurts the most when I try and get into the car, walk to far or when I am trying to sit or lay down. Does or has anyone else had this pain. It started on day 3 and has not eased up at all. In fact I would say it's worse. I did call the surgeon and he said that I might have pulled an internal stitch out, but good lord should it be this painful? If I am just sitting and not moving it does not hurt, but if I turn just the right way I am in tears.....any suggestions?

I must be your long lost twin!! ;) I am incredibly sore in the left incision area as well. Our sister sleever is right. take your pain meds and take it easy. If it's not better by in 2-3 days call your doc back.

Lol. So funny. Trust me I am taking the pain meds, but they don't do much for that burning pain. Where are you from can'tweight? I am in Dallas tx

I'm in Cowtown,,,actually downtown Fort Worth. I was born and raised in Big D. I've got your back Skinnyagain...we'll make it through!

OMG! We even have the same Dr. I was a cash pay so my surgery was at forest park medical center. I am 5 ft, starting weight was 212.2 and today I am 196. My goal is 125. We will see. Good to know you are close. I actually live in Rockwall not far out of Dallas. We should meet sometime.

Too funny! I had my surgery at Baylor-Plano on the 16th. Guess you don't include the surgery day as a post-op...oops! I have lots of friends in Rockwall. In fact, I have a sister who lives off Dalrock too. We really should meet sometime...lol Who knows, I may already know you!! lol

Yes this is weird. My surgery was actually on march 15 th. All three of us should meet for "clear liquids" some night. Lol I wouldn't be surprised if we didnt already know each other. I grew up in flower mound. Hey maybe we will see each other at a nutrition support group session. I think I will need many.

For the last couple of days I have hurt so bad from my left incision, I really thought I had done something! I know I overdid it on Friday because I felt really good, but today even breathing hurt. So I looked it up here and was relieved to see someone else had the same thing. HOWEVER, I am a bit nervous because I think it is a TEXAS ailment. I'm in Grapevine and was a Self-pay at Forest Park also! HAHAHAHA. What are the odds???

For the last couple of days I have hurt so bad from my left incision, I really thought I had done something! I know I overdid it on Friday because I felt really good, but today even breathing hurt. So I looked it up here and was relieved to see someone else had the same thing. HOWEVER, I am a bit nervous because I think it is a TEXAS ailment. I'm in Grapevine and was a Self-pay at Forest Park also! HAHAHAHA. What are the odds???

Yes, my left side incision is still giving me troubles too. It feels like there is a big stich going from it to under my spleen. I am fine for the most part, but when twisting or bending over it pulls pretty good. I also find the annoying pain if I am sitting down and slump over. Guess I shouldn't slump, huh. lol :D

Maybe there is something to this Dallas connection! lol :lol:

I am on day 6 - my problem is I feel like I've been kicked by a mule on my left side today. No incision pain though. I was sleeved at Forest Park on Tuesday. Anyone have a bruised ribs kind of feeling?

I laid on my right side for a while yesterday and I'm afraid I shouldn't have. :(

4 weeks out here and the left incision pain for me is still here, its indented too and has been since surgery. I did go in to get checked out, ultrasound was done too and nothing seen. The PA decided it was likely a stitch pulled internally. Thankfully its not near as bad as it was, but still uncomfortable and if I move too quickly, I get a very sharp pain.

I was sleeved on the March 23rd. I have a burning pain between my large incision and belly button. My skin hurts to touch and burns. I hope it will go away soon too.

It is a common "effect". I had the same thing, talked to my surgeon about it and it's something that just happens to some people. It took about 2 weeks for mine to get better. Did they give you an elastic girdle to wear? That REALLY helped! Just baby it and don't over do it and it'll heal.