Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Week Stall HELP!!!!

Am I doing something wrong??? I have been the same weight for the last 3 weeks!!! I decreased my calories, I increased my calories, I decreased my Protein I increased my Protein I increased my Water I decreased my water!!! What to do? what to do??

I am 9 weeks out, please give me ideas.

I went through the same thing. That was actually the primary factor in me going on a scale strike and I'm still on it except for about once a month. The only honest suggestion I could give (outside of what you've already tried) is to be patient. I know that sounds like a crock of horse poop, but believe me - THIS TOO SHALL PASS! ;)

I think most people have stalls. You body has been through a lot. I think your metabolism has to adjust. When I stalled, I was still losing inches. Are you measuring yourself.

You are probably not doing anything wrong. It is just your body adjusting to the lifestyle changes you have made. I have had several stalls. I think I can contribute mine to carbs. I find that I do better keeping low carb under 50 grams a day. I am still trying to increase my calories as I just cannot each that much yet. I do measure and find that I am still losing inches. I am not gaining so it is still a victory for all the weight that I have already lost. Hang in there.

Thank you so much I feel so much better. I guess I will just have to wait ......

Sometimes that's our only option. Hang in there, as long as you're not gaining then I say stay the course. Hugs!!!

Stop switching up your program! All you're doing is making yourself crazy. Stalls happen. They seriously stink. But you'll get through it. scale strike, and stay positive. You're barely two months out and more than halfway to goal. I'm not surprised your body is a bit freaked and wants to hang on to extra weight. Relax. It might not be what you want to hear, but a lot of us slow considerably once we're past the halfway point. Don't let it make you nuts. You'll definitely make it to goal if you just keep doing the right things.

Keep up the great work! It took me nearly five months to lose the first 50 pounds - you're doing awesome.

~Cheri

I too am 9 weeks out. I have been stalling for about 2 weeks. I was actually getting on here to get some advice when I saw your post. Thanks for posting this. It makes me wonder if this is just a normal time to stall? I have noticed that even though I am not losing pounds I am losing inches because my clothes are getting bigger. I am sure you are too.

I stalled at week 6 for 6 WEEKS!!!!!! I thought I would die! I did loose a pant size during this time.. I added essential fatty acids, upped my liquids and and protien and guess what? I lost 12 pounds and stalled again, going on a week here. I guess this is the norm. Loose, stall, loose, stall.

I have been stalled since post op week 2. I am on week 4. I did finally loose 1/2 lb, but i am trying to stay positive. I think our bodies kind of go through shock. It was a major surgery that changed our systems forever. I am staying focused and I know that I am still loosing even though the scale is my worst enemy right now! I was told by a good friend to measure myself and not focus on the scale. She was right! I am loosing inches for sure and I know that eventually I will break this stall and start loosing again!