Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The best NSV thus far ! ! !

Congratulations to you, hubby and your son, this is a very exiting time. Keep us posted. God Bless.

Congratulations on this wonderful news! You have been such a source of strength and encouragement for so many people on this journey -- it is wonderful to see such a wonderful blessing come your way. God bless you and your family at this exciting time. Keep us posted and don't forget to share pictures along the way!

Brian

Good for you. Congrats! :)

There were many reasons for me choosing WLS in the first place, and the biggest drive force was for me to be able to conceive, have a healthy pregnancy, and deliver a healthy baby without the complications of obesity during pregnancy.

I've been waiting 3 long weeks to share this news with all of you, and am happy to report I AM PREGNANT ! ! !

After 14 long, exhausting, and emotionally draining months, I'm finally pregnant. I am considered high risk for several reasons, and VSG does throw me into that category along with other medical issues I have which are NOT related to VSG at all. I have an idiopathic clotting disorder and the cause, reason is still unknown. We do know that I am missing certain Protein factors in my platelets, but other than that, they can not pinpoint the cause or even give it a name hence the "idiopathic". We know the treatment is similar to that of Von Willebrand's disease, but all of my work ups have been negative for VW factor. It's kind of crazy, and I have a feeling I will be having more lab work due to the disorder and pregnancy. I have that "mother's intuition" that we are pulling for Team Blue, and if all goes well, I will have a repeat c-section and tubal ligation since I will be 35 yrs old a month after the baby is delivered.

My husband is elated, overjoyed, and of course stressed. He's become the food police all over again, and worries that I am not eating enough. BUT, per the recommendations, I am getting enough calories/protein/carbs currently. They expect me to gain 25-30lbs during the pregnancy, and I kind of snickered at that thought process, but I am not saying it won't happen. I've never read any WLS patient gaining that much post-WLS except band patients. So, we'll see how the weight gain goes. Thus far, I am experiencing sore boobs, crazy food cravings for anything spicy, and fatigue. I have experienced zero morning sickness and for that I am very grateful.

I've been cleared to continue my Celebrate multi, B12, and Calcium. The formulation of these Vitamins actually exceed the values of any prenatal on the market, and my labs looked stellar except for my platelets were low normal (which is normal for me).

Today was my first ultrasound appointment. I knew the day we conceived "Little Sprout", and had the due date spot on. Everything was perfect, strong, steady heartbeat at 150bpm, everything looked good internally. I'm being referred to a civilian high-risk ob/gyn team and my pregnancy will be co-managed between them and the base provider. All this means is that I'll have double appointments that most pregnant women have to go through.

Sorry for the quality. The base equipment is a bit dated, but we were able to hear the heartbeat, and of course I cried. My husband was able to attend, and he just stood there staring at the screen kind of in awe. It was truly the most joyous event I've experienced.

Thank you for all of your continued support and encouragement. I would ask that you keep our family in your thoughts and prayers. This is going to be a long process, and Sprout is due November 5th. This place is kind of like my 2nd home so I'm sure I'll be posting more updates as the months progress. .

sprout2.jpg

Oh and I don't have much of a belly bump at all yet. I'm bloating, but my clothes are fitting the same, and I have not gained any weight to date. I'm not any hungrier than I was before pregnancy, just insane cravings for random foods I would not have eaten. It'll be interesting to see how I look this pregnancy. I was around 200lbs when I was pregnant with my son 13 yrs ago, and gained 37lbs so I was just huge and round. This time I'm interested to see how my body changes, and hopefully I'll get the cute baby bump that I see on everyone else.

Tifffany you rock and so will your pregnancy!!! keep us updated...and you deserve the best..this must be the most exciting time for you

you have worked sooo hard..and deserve all the best... cant wait to see more pics of "sprout"

Congratulations, Tiffy. I will pray for you.

(One military wife to another!!!)

rolleyes.gif

Congrats to you & yours Tiffykins! I saw this first on FB too! I was almost 33 when I had my 2nd son (turned 34 the next month) and my boys are 11yrs, 10mths & 15 days apart! So happy for you!

Huge, huge, huge congratulations Tiff!! I know how long you've waited for this and how happy everyone in your family must be :) I can hardly wait for the updates!! Whooo Whoo!!! :D Doing the happy dance!

That is the most wonderful news. I couldn't be happier and more excited for you. Good health and blessings to you and yours. (((hugs)))

Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo very much ! ! !

Just a couple of more weeks, and I'll be posting baby bump pics. My muffin top that was sooooo tiny before is full on roll at this point LOL. I have a definite change in my body shape, my tummy is bloated so badly, and I do look pregnant in some tops which is kind of cute, but kind of a crazy mindtwist as well.

I am so grateful to be able to share this journey with you all, and I appreciate all of your support ! ! !

Congrats to you and your family! You have been such an amazing help to me on this site with all of your knowledge and experience. This is such wonderful news for a wonderful person. I wish you and you family all best! Can't wait for the cute prego belly pics and all the great updates and advice I'm sure you will give! Congrats!

Congrats!!!! I just started crying when I was reading your story of taking the test and coming back to find it later. No one deserves this more than you. I feel like I have learned SO much from all of you that faithfully post. I can't tell you how many times I have told my husband...""well, Tiffykins said......" he has never even been on this board but he knows y'all by name. ;) LOL. I genuinely can't wait to follow your progress in your pregnancy....so excited for you guys!!!

Oh that is marvelous news! I am so excited for you nd yours.