Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My first 5K!

I was up at 0630 (which is sleeping in now!!) and drank a small glass of milk. Since my tummy seems a little sour in the mornings I wanted something in there right away but didn't want to eat anything before I ran! We took the metro into the district and it was great to ask more questions of my friends who have been there done that a lot with races! We were all happy go lucky just having a good ole time! Get to the race area and of course I have to pee! LOL Hit the ICKY potty and get "in line" to go! We all started together but that didnt' last long! I was SO COLD but so Excited and pumped up! I started to jog soon and then run and then walk and run and walk and back and forth! Felt like I was keeping a pretty good pace (a little slower then what I do on the treadmill)! When I went by the Water I did grab a bottle and take a few quick drinks and then ran with the Water for a little bit. Took another couple of sips and tossed it! Which is so crazy to just throw something on the side like that, hated to do it but couldn't carry it and run! LOL It wasn't until about 4K that I finally started to feel really warm! LOL I had on my AWESOME Compression pants (from Old Navy) and I had on two long sleeve shirts and the run t-shirt and my gloves!! LOL My Ipod tells me it was 4.5K so I was trying to make sure I would be able to stop it and read my time when done and it all messed up and stoping reading my distance! UGH SO annoyed! LOL So I can really see the finish line and I started to run for it! When I got there I threw my hands up in the air and if I could have I just might cried!!!! I was feeling SO Elated! Words can't really describe the crazy happy feeling I had coming across that finish line! Shane didn't get a picture of me :( I was totally bummed about that but Mark (my roomie) got a kinda okay one that I'm going to steal! We did this run for Sarah's (my other roomie) Grandma! We were team Joggin' for G-Ma so we accented ourselves in yellow because that is her favorite color!!

It was just so Awesome and such a Great feeling to know I DID IT! I have ALWAYS wanted to run a race but even when I wasn't as heavy I never thought about running! This has been a CRAZY 3-4 months leading up to where I am right now and again, it just feels AWESOME!!

I did find a place that they posted the times (since the Ipod stopped working right) and my final time was 37:58!! It's a little longer then what I have done on the treadmill but it's a GREAT time for my first race! I'm trying to not be ALL about my time but it is something to really WORK towards, beating myself!!

Before the race on the Metro

SANY0099.jpg

Starting (can't really see us)

SANY0113.jpg

Passing by DH at the finish

SANY0129.jpg

Walking around to DH afterwards

SANY0130.jpg

Our Team (minus one)

SANY0145.jpg

Chillen out at the awards

SANY0155.jpg

What an amazing feeling that must of been... congrats on your achievement!!! An inspiration for me to get my running shoes on as I have been thinking about doing this? Well done you =]

You should be so proud. You look great and I know you must feel so much healthier being able to do that! Congrats and keep it up!smile.gif

Hooray for Dawn! Yes - you are awesome, and I am in AWE!

That's my goal too, and I actually signed up for a "training clinic" which starts today! Yesterday we had a kick-off meeting, but today we have the first training session. I bought a pair of compression running tights myself, because it's still cold in Michigan. I am so nervous, but at the same time stoked!

And at the meeting, while I was still feeling like the big girl I didn't give a flying F about it because the margin between me and the other people was so much smaller! And to top it off, they gave us moisture wicking long sleeve t-shirts and she asked for the size. So, of course I said XL, I always do. She said "Why don't you take an L too, and try it on. They run a little bigger". Well, sure enough, L worked just fine :-)

So, I wanna be like you and I'm gonna be like you!!!

Well played! I'm running my first 5K in a year in 2 weeks. My training so far has been rather subpar!:lol:

Yeah you!!!! I so want to run a 5K!

Yeah you!!!! I so want to run a 5K!

If you have one in your area, check on their web site. Mine listed a few locations and stores that are holding "training clinic", and I had my first one yesterday. They do 5k, 10k, and 25k clinics and the 5k group wasn't intimidating at all and everyone including skinny mini trainers were totally awesome and very encouraging.

It was great, and I can't wait for the next session tomorrow. They will also have info seminars to proper running form and other stuff, and my store wasn't too pushy about getting you to buy stuff. Only the kick-off was in the store anyway and I needed a running bra to confine the twins in a solid location - I don't want to get a shiner from a boob gone wild when I am running!

I ran mine this morning - personal best at 30:15, although I was hoping for a better time since I was like 35 lbs heavier at my last 5K, which I ran in 31:30. I really hoped to get under 30:00, I guess next time I'll bring a stopwatch with me. If I had known it was a matter of 15 seconds, I would've pushed myself harder!

What pissed me off is that my boyfriend who doesn't work out at all finished in 23-odd minutes! MEN!

I ran mine this morning - personal best at 30:15, although I was hoping for a better time since I was like 35 lbs heavier at my last 5K, which I ran in 31:30.

Congratulations - I am not sure what I am hoping for, considering I am still at a 34.8 BMI but I am hoping closer to 30 than to 40. I just need someone to hitch my waggon to, and hope they'll pull me through!

How awesome! Congrats!!!

I was up at 0630 (which is sleeping in now!!) and drank a small glass of milk. Since my tummy seems a little sour in the mornings I wanted something in there right away but didn't want to eat anything before I ran! We took the metro into the district and it was great to ask more questions of my friends who have been there done that a lot with races! We were all happy go lucky just having a good ole time! Get to the race area and of course I have to pee! LOL Hit the ICKY potty and get "in line" to go! We all started together but that didnt' last long! I was SO COLD but so Excited and pumped up! I started to jog soon and then run and then walk and run and walk and back and forth! Felt like I was keeping a pretty good pace (a little slower then what I do on the treadmill)! When I went by the Water I did grab a bottle and take a few quick drinks and then ran with the Water for a little bit. Took another couple of sips and tossed it! Which is so crazy to just throw something on the side like that, hated to do it but couldn't carry it and run! LOL It wasn't until about 4K that I finally started to feel really warm! LOL I had on my AWESOME Compression pants (from Old Navy) and I had on two long sleeve shirts and the run t-shirt and my gloves!! LOL My Ipod tells me it was 4.5K so I was trying to make sure I would be able to stop it and read my time when done and it all messed up and stoping reading my distance! UGH SO annoyed! LOL So I can really see the finish line and I started to run for it! When I got there I threw my hands up in the air and if I could have I just might cried!!!! I was feeling SO Elated! Words can't really describe the crazy happy feeling I had coming across that finish line! Shane didn't get a picture of me :( I was totally bummed about that but Mark (my roomie) got a kinda okay one that I'm going to steal! We did this run for Sarah's (my other roomie) Grandma! We were team Joggin' for G-Ma so we accented ourselves in yellow because that is her favorite color!!

It was just so Awesome and such a Great feeling to know I DID IT! I have ALWAYS wanted to run a race but even when I wasn't as heavy I never thought about running! This has been a CRAZY 3-4 months leading up to where I am right now and again, it just feels AWESOME!!

I did find a place that they posted the times (since the Ipod stopped working right) and my final time was 37:58!! It's a little longer then what I have done on the treadmill but it's a GREAT time for my first race! I'm trying to not be ALL about my time but it is something to really WORK towards, beating myself!!

Before the race on the Metro

SANY0099.jpg

Starting (can't really see us)

SANY0113.jpg

Passing by DH at the finish

SANY0129.jpg

Walking around to DH afterwards

SANY0130.jpg

Our Team (minus one)

SANY0145.jpg

Chillen out at the awards

SANY0155.jpg