Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going back to work

I was just sleeved on 3/11/11 which makes me 6 days post op. I physically have no pain. Did not need the prescribed pain meds. Will be returning to work on Monday. I really could have gone yesterday. I am a teacher, so my job is not physically demanding.

I took 2 weeks off work. I probably could have returned at 1 week, but I'm glad I didn't. I was still taking a nap or 2 a day and I think working would have exhausted me. Plus, I had just started on the blended foods and I'm glad I had some time to adjust to that.

I was off for two weeks. I could have gone back after 1 week but that extra week was a nice adjustment period. I had a drain that was supposed to stay in for two weeks but they removed it after one. This is my first week back to work and I feel GREAT. I took advantage of the paid Family Medical Leave Act for my time off since it was a surgery that was necessary for my health.

I was back at a week, but should have taken more time. Like others, I napped often and would have done better had I not pushed myself. No pain after surgery. Really a lot of effort goes into relearning how /when/what to eat/drink. Good luck!

I took 4 weeks off. Mostly because of the diet adjustments. I was glad I did. I miss my mid day naps that I really needed. The lost of energy was not fun the first couple of weeks.

Hi Heather - my surgery date is the same as yours - March 22 and I plan on going back to work the following Monday. I sure hope I feel up to it but if I don't I will take a few more days off. Good Luck to you next Tuesday :D

I'm going back after a week. I'm determined that I will be ok. :)

Yeah, I know there's going to be pain involved, but we've put up with the pain with having all this excess weight for so long that we'll be tough! lol

I took off 3 weeks just to be safe for my own purposes. My surgeon (from Mexico) sent a letter home with me regarding work that basicall

said to let me have 4 weeks off. So I guess 4 weeks was his recommendation (Dr.Ramos-Kelly). I think the 3 weeks will be fine for me though,just have to be careful because my job is somewhat physically demanding. (ward clerk/CNA2) Good luck