Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did I stretch my stomach?

Hello this is my 1st time posting on this discussion board. I need advice from the best experts: EXPERIENCE!!! I had my vertical sleeve 2/10/11. My start off weight on the day of surgery was 239. I am now down to 210. HOWEVER, I have not gone done or up on my weight over the last two weeks. I know that this surgery is not a quick fix, and my weight loss is going to take time, but I am so paranoid that I did something wrong, like over stretching my stomach. I seriously dont think I eat 800 calories a day. Did this happen to anyone? I just thought that this is too soon to stall. Any advice would be appreciated.

Stalls will happen through out your weightloss journey. Some as early as 3 weeks. Did you take your measurements when you started? You may not be losing pounds but inches. Or your body is stalling for the time being. Do not get discouraged and keep up what you are doing. You might want to shake up things a bit like increase your calories, change the time you eat, change up your exercise. These are just suggestions. I am sure the veteran sleevers will chime in sometime.

I don't think the size of your stomach is what matters, if you aren't hungry, if you eat no more than 800 calories... Nothing has probably stretched! Well, it isn't the size of the stomach that makes you stall! They normally are combined factors like the amount of calories, the quanity of meals, the amount of exercise, the type of food you eat,.. And the fact that your body is adjusting to all the news it received!

It probably is "just" a stall, it is annoying that it happened so early! But, as you probably read when other people met the stall, talk to your nutritionist, try to increase your exercises and do not give up! The scale will move again!

29 puonds in just over a month aren't bad at all!!!

The sleeve doesn't really stretch much. It does relax and become more lax the further out you get, but there is a max capacity. I've been eating the same amounts for about a year now. The restriction does change the further out you get, but there is a max to how much you can eat. Personally, I can eat double the amounts I could eat at 2-3 months post-op, but I still can not eat more than 5-6oz of dense Protein. I can eat a lot of mushy/sliderish foods, carbs, chips, crackers and such slide right on down without issue.Stalls happen, and most see the first one between 3-6 weeks out. If you aren't tracking your food intake, it's fairly easy and it really gives you exact numbers on what/how much you are consuming. Make sure you are getting in your protein and clear fluids, the scale will move and it probably won't be the first time your weight loss stalls.