Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my official "preop/history & physical" appointment today with my surgeon. He told me I'd be on Clear liquids for a week postop, then move onto full liquids for weeks 2 & 3. My question is what do you eat on your full liquid diet to avoid getting bored. It looks like the Soups in the store all have "chunks" in them. Also, can anyone suggest a good website to order Protein foods. I'm being sleeved on March 29th and want to get all my "necessities" in order.

I'm on the full liquids currently, 1 week post op. and I only have one more day to go until I am on pureed foods. I haven't really got bored and I've only had two different things. The Protein Shake 3 times a day to get in all my Protein and the last couple days I've been have strained or blended cream of potato and have been satisfied I think. I haven't really had any cravings so it's more of just using the food as fuel. I stocked up on all kinds of different Liquid Protein things and have only been able to stomach one of them, so don't go too overboard!!!!

I'm one week post-op and here's what a typical day looks like for me

Breakfast - 1cup of 1%milk with 1 scoop of nectar strawberry or chocolate truffle Protein powder in a Blender Bottle (don't need the extra air from making it in a blender!) (gives me 31g of protein! AWESOME!)

In between - 3 cups of Water

lunch - Same as Breakfast (total Protein = 62g)

In between - 3 cups of water

dinner - 1/4 cup of Tomato Soup mixed with 1/2 cup of 1% milk eaten with a tiny spoon! makes me feel like I'm really "eating" I can't finish all of it but OMGosh.....it tastes SO good!! LOL! (or some other potato soup/butternut squash/etc. I found some yummy ones at Whole foods)

After dinner - 3 cups of water

That's about it! I feel like I'm consuming things all day, but even at that, I'm really looking forward to mushies! GL, hon!!

I'm four days post op and have not been able to eat or drink much of anything. Would like to try the Tomato Soup its sounds so good.

DisneyMomma - where did you get those portein powders??/ They sound so good! And, how long does it take you to take all that in? Are you able to take big drinks? I'm concerned about getting my Protein b/c I'm sipping so slowly on my Protein Drinks. I find I do better if I drinnk it over a really long time.

Anyway, your plan sounds really great! You are going to have much success!

Preop I had to have Protein shakes 3 to 4 times a day. I used Premier Protein Shakes from costco and Maxx Protein from The Vitamin shoppee. I was allowed to add fresh or frozen fruit to my shakes. I also used lots of sugar free pudding, that helped fill the void for me. I also had lots of sugar free pudding. For Warmth I would have hot tea, especially love Tazo tea, spiced orange and chicken broth bollion. Plain chicken stock did not do it for me at all! ( post op I used the clear chicken stock for reduced sodium properties)

For the 3 days pre op that were Clear Liquids only,, I lived on non red Jello and Protein Shakes.< /p>

MsPuse, I get them at The Vitamnin Shoppe or online at www.bariatricpantry.com. I really like the nectar because when you use a Blender Bottle its the consistency of choc/strawberry milk made with 1% or skim milk....really easy to get down! Not thick at all! I just drink all day long! I can swallow about 2tsp at a time now. HTH!

I was sleeved on 3/7 and had 2 days of clear liquids, Jello, broth, sugar free popsicles. I was very nauseous for a few days so I couldn't even think about Protein shakes. I am in phase 2 for 12 days of full liquids. I am supposed to get 60 - 70 grams of Protein in a day. In the morning have sugar free pudding, 1 1/2 to 2 glasses of Water, greek yogurt for lunch, 1 1/2 to 2 glasses of Water, Protein shake chocolate with 2 tbsp. Peanut Butter, skim milk and a few ices cubes. More water and then maybe if I can handle it another yogurt. The Protein Shakes gag me and I have a hard time getting them down. The dr said the 1st month is the hardest to get in the protein and they are more concerned with the liquids to avoid dehydration. I also and am not getting in all my Vitamins, Calcium, Vitamin d or B12 but I am taking my Multi Vitamins - 2 gummies per day. It's a full time job to get in what you need so apply logic when determining what you should forgo simply because you can't get it in.

I ordered so much Protein Powder individual packets from unjury prior to my surgery to be sure I had everything I needed but ended up returning the majority because I just couldn't drink it. I am only 3 days from moving onto phase 3 pureed foods and I cannot wait to have mashed potatoes and gravy!

Best to you!

I bought an awsome blender. Then cook some veggies in chicken broth instead of Water. Ad cooked chicken and purée in the blender. Make sure to strain it for chunks. Then you get the broth plus extra chicken for protien. Add different herbs or spices for different flavours. I loved my full liquid week!!

I love reading this thread. We all seem to be in about the same phases. My surgery was Monday 3/14, and I am on full liquids. I haven't had a Protein Shake yet. I think today I will give it a try. I mostly drink skim milk, diluted grape/apple juice and last night I opened a can of chicken tortilla Soup. I strained it and ate the broth! It was sooooo GOOD and I loved the warm feeling in my new tummy. It even helped with some gas pains I was having at the time. My doctor told me that the first week, to take a one ounce sip every 15 mins. He said that I didn't have to worry about getting my Protein in or Vitamins in. He said that we have enough vitamins stored to get us through this first week. My only concern is to not get dehydrated. I still have moments of thinking "what have I done to myself"?!" I know this will pass as soon as I get through this first stage. My cousin had the sleeve over a year ago and LOVES it and she looks awesome!! :) From what I read on here, nobody seems to have any regrets!!

Thanks DisneyMomma!

DazyKrazie - I'm definitely still in the "what the hell have I done" phase! I'm doing okay. I'm just kind of anxious right now to get "healed up"! For some reason, the stitch that the doctor put in to close up the big cut on the left side of my abdominal wall is extremely tender and sore! I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue. So, I think it is just me. It gets better every day! I'm just ready for my poor body to be back to a happy state!

Good Luck Everyone!

Congratulations on your pending surgery... For the first two weeks I had 2 things Protein shakes and Water... Being that the sleeve was still swollen I didn't feel like eating or drinking and had to work very hard to get in the required 60 g of Protein and 64 ounces of Water required by my program.

Will you be bored yes but that's something you kind of have to get used too... It's one of the toughest challenges to this whole surgery... We are no longer living to eat but eating to live...

At 8 months out everyone around me eats a lot of junk especially when we go out and I sit there with my 3-4 ounces of protien, a few bites of fruits/veggies and an occasional spoon or two of carbs here and there but I wouldn't change it for the world. It feels good! Good luck!

My first spoon of Tomato Soup was amazing. Careful though because some Tomato Soups have more sugar than a soda. I have a relatively low sugar Soup and ad a half a can of tuna, blend it all up and it tastes excellent and is a good source of Protein.

It is quite amazing to see the variety of different post op diet schedules everyone has. I wish it were more consistent. I am only 8 days post op and have now started the soft food phase based on the literature given to me by my doctor. This seems way earlier than most of you but I must say, I have absolutely no problems eating anything blended although it must be in very small amounts.

Weight is falling off as well losing 1 or 2 lbs every day so far with a total of 23 now lost since pre op liquid diet.

My first spoon of Tomato Soup was amazing. Careful though because some Tomato Soups have more sugar than a soda. I have a relatively low sugar Soup and ad a half a can of tuna, blend it all up and it tastes excellent and is a good source of Protein.

It is quite amazing to see the variety of different post op diet schedules everyone has. I wish it were more consistent. I am only 8 days post op and have now started the soft food phase based on the literature given to me by my doctor. This seems way earlier than most of you but I must say, I have absolutely no problems eating anything blended although it must be in very small amounts.

Weight is falling off as well losing 1 or 2 lbs every day so far with a total of 23 now lost since pre op liquid diet.

I agree about the post-op schedules. I am on day 10 and can't start FULL liquids till tomorrow!!! Hard to believe. My Dr. is just very cautious and I respect that. Whatever works, though. I have a friend who had surgery a week before me and by the time I had surgery, she had already had eggs and fish even! I am going to stick to my surgeons plan for me, but most seem to do well with starting earlier. I think there is someone from overseas that started foods immediately post op. I think it's great if that's what works for them. (even jealousbiggrin.gif) but I couldn't even get gatorade to go down the first few days!! Wow!