Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why am I so hungry????????????

I am so frustrated I had the sleeve on Jan 17th and I stay hungry....any suggestions!!! I want to succede but now I feel like it was useless to have the surgery. I am 58 and not losing any weight. I feel like I am just lost. Ant suggestions?

How are you carbs? you have to control your carb and exercise.. Everybody does not lose weight at the same rate.You have to understand this..You might be a slow loser. Watch your carbs and increase your Water intake would be a good start.. Most of all don't give up. You will lose weight..

Sometimes what feels like hunger is actually too much acid in your stomach. Do you take a PPI? If not, I highly recommend that. If so, you might want to try a different brand. I definitely feel that feeling sometimes, but it's usually when I've eaten something that kicks up the acid levels in my stomach. Hope that helps! I'm sorry you are struggling.

I had my surgery nov 22 and felt hungry until mid feb, then something clicked and I just wasn't hungry so much anymore. I do still have cravings and days before my TOM when I just want to eat all day.

I am so frustrated I had the sleeve on Jan 17th and I stay hungry....any suggestions!!! I want to succede but now I feel like it was useless to have the surgery. I am 58 and not losing any weight. I feel like I am just lost. Ant suggestions?

I'm sorry this is happening to you, but unfortunately there are some of us (me included) who never lose that part . . . I've learned to "control" it. . . I bet you can't eat as much as before surgery though? Well in that case what you do is eat you 3 meals Protein first (always) then veggies, and then if you have room eat your carbs. . .keep your carbs under 40grams per day and you Proteins 70 - 80grams. . . Don't snack at all, if you "think" you have to divert yourself to do something else for about 10 minutes, if the feeling doesn't go away, then eat a Protein like cheese or Jerky. . .but try really hard not to throw in a carb. . . i went off the path since October and gained 21lbs, so now i'm back on track and eating properly and am back to losing, and let me tell you something, it's alot harder the second time around. . so be careful! Good luck!

You say you are not losing weight, but your ticker shows 34 lbs. That is in less than 2 months. That sounds great to me. My daughter was sleeved 7-1-10 and has lost 83 lbs. I am scheduled for 4-14-11 (had to delay from last August for injury problems from a fall.)

My daughter looks and feels great and says her sleeve is life changing. Her weight loss has been steady with no stalls. At this point she can eat anything she wants except rice. So don't be discouraged. It will happen. :)

What are you eating, how often, and how much?

Though I understand where you are coming from, try not to focus on worry or regret. I had my surgery last October and I've only lost 48 lbs. So your 34 lbs.in only 2 months sounds AWESOME to me. Like you, I have endured more than my fair share of hunger since being sleeved. For the first 3 months or so I would have called my hunger a serious problem. I began taking Prilosec, which has helped, and though I am still hungry often, I feel like I've made some improvements after the 3 month post-op mark. When I get hungry now I eat a small handfull of natural almonds, a small light yogurt or a Laughing Cow cheese wedge. Each of these things fills me up just enough to not feel sick. I then try to redirect my thinking to doing something productive to avoid wanting to eat more. This seems to work for me most of the time.

As little as I'm eating, as healthy as I'm eating, and as much as I'm exercising I find it extremely painful to see the scale not move very much. I always lost weight faster BEFORE I was sleeved, and I never worked so hard for it! What I have to remember is that I never stuck to any weight loss program for as long as I've stuck with the sleeve. The beauty of our surgery is that even if you are slow to lose, you can't really give up. I will never be able to binge like I used to. Keep a positive attitude and try not to be so hard on yourself.

Best Wishes,

Lisa

It depends on what you are eating and how often you are eating it......if you can find my Last Blog it has a ,copy and paste of a book on Dietary Guidelines after the V,sleeve..it will help you so much I hope you find it....if you can't please let me know and I'll send it to you....camille01

I did not find it Camille. Do you mind sending it to me so I can look at it. Thank's to all for the encourgement!!!!

I did not find it Camille. Do you mind sending it to me so I can look at it. Thank's to all for the encourgement!!!!

barb I found it out there. Go to the blog section, click on the left to show all, look under author for camile01 and click on the link she provided. Very good info.

I am new to this but my sister had this before me and the responder who recommended prilosec was on the money. My sister's stomach was producing too much acid and it felt to her like extreme hunger and sure enough when she would eat it would calm right down. But she went back to her doctor who did the procedure and he prescibed omeperazole and she said that if she had had it before she might never have needed the surgury! It is definitely worth a try.

I have found that sometimes what I think is hunger is actually thirst. When I increase the H2O, it seems to help! Good Luck! Barb

I am really glad I read this post because the doc had given me omeperazole as well but I hadn't felt anything that even resembeld heart burn so I stopped taking it to see if there would be a problem with heartburn. I noticed that I have been feeling ravenously hungry pretty much every three hours lately and less than a teaspoon of food calms the hungry monster down.

After reading this I thought perhaps the problem is actually the stomach acid and not hunger so I took my omeperazole yesterday and again today - MAGIC today, there is no hunger monster. :) Thanks for the tip!!