Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have had complications from my vsg with the biggest one being a leak. Has anyone else had a leak and their doctor had them npo for 3 months? All Water, pills etc go thru the feeding tube and I hook my iv up and feed all night.

Surgery is not an option right now just curious if anyone else had this situation. My 2 nd abscess had cleared just waiting for my leak to heal. It is so hard and depressing not being able to eat and drink by mouth but I thank God I am still alive.

I have had complications from my vsg with the biggest one being a leak. Has anyone else had a leak and their doctor had them npo for 3 months? All Water, pills etc go thru the feeding tube and I hook my iv up and feed all night.

Surgery is not an option right now just curious if anyone else had this situation. My 2 nd abscess had cleared just waiting for my leak to heal. It is so hard and depressing not being able to eat and drink by mouth but I thank God I am still alive.

You need to talk with Tiffkins she had a bad leak..She is very nice and awesome person to talk with. good luck and I am really sorry about your leak..

So sorry about your leak. I hope you recover quickly. We are here for you anytime you need anything.

There are only a couple of people on here that have had leaks and Tiffykins is and has been here for ll of us. Stay focused on healing,sending you prayers!

I am sorry about your leak, I hope that you are feeling much better soon!

I am really sorry to hear about your leak. That has to be very difficult not being able to eat or drink.

Hang in there! You're getting skinnier and skinner by the minute and it will be so worth it in the end.

That's my question how long after surgery did it take to discover the leak? I just got over 14 days in the hospital because I had a leak with absess that was pushing on my diaphragm. I however also had pneumonia and a partially collapsed lung. I was put on TPN by Picc Line for 9 days I came home with the Picc Line just incase I had to go back. My leak developed at a month which is something my surgeon said he has never heard of happening before. It gets better, and don't be surprised if when you are allowed back on food and liquids that you feel like you did the first week after surgery. I didn't feel like eating anything and I was so scared to put anything in my mouth because I was afraid I would cause the leak to come back. Be thankful the doctors caught yours and it didn't go untreated. I was in pain for a week before I started running fever. After 2 trips to 2 different hospitals I was finally treated.. I thought I was going to die the first couple of days.. It was horrible, but looking at the past month to 2 months I don't regret anything.. I am happy with my choice.. I am finally able to eat around 2-3 ounces and I am finally feeling better..

2 weeks after surgery I had a life threatening abscess my lung collapsed as well. Went home with a feeding tube and jp drain. One month later back in the hospital with pneumonia for another 10 days , tpn with a picc line, still could not find the leak. Went home for 4 days back to the hospital another 10 days with another abscess by spleen this time I had a ct scan with drinking something and they found the leak superbowl Sunday . I have been in and out of the hospital since November 23 which was my surgery date! I have had a swallow test, numerous ct scans and x rays. Harper hospital saved my life and I am grateful now I am npo for the leak to heal and it is so hard. No surgery is planned to repair the leak at this point. I had nothing to eat by mouth since 1/18 and nothing to drink since 2/9.

I think it depends on where the leak is located. My leak was at the top of my stomach, right in the area where my band was removed. My surgeon had to remove the entire tissue around my stomach where the band was placed, and removed during my revision. He had to literally remove that capsule that surrounds the band, and my stomach was completely in 2 sections. The scar tissue was so severe that the staples couldn't hold it together, and that's where the leak was detected. He had to literally suture my stomach (that ended up in 2 different pieces) back together. That's the only way my leak was repaired. I've seen others have leaks heal with the assistance of stents placed, but their recovery was like yours. Several weeks to months of NPO on a feeding tube or TPN.

I will honestly say that all the complications were worth having the life I have today. I would do it all again to live like I am right now. It is/was very draining on me physically and emotionally. I know that it's easy to get depressed, and please know you do not have to endure this alone. I'm here for you, and if you ever need to talk, cry, vent, scream, do not hesitate to contact me.

My pigtail drain should be removed in a few weeks. My abscess is cleared and physically I feel good mentally I have some challenges with being npo and knowing I still have a leak. The good news I have lost almost 60 pounds with about 25 more to go!

Thank you Tiffykins! I really appreciate the support! I have lots of questions for my new dr who took over my case. I not sure where my leak is located or how large it is. They may have told me but I can't remember the pain meds made things blurry in the hospital