Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Sleevers?

I look forward to meeting you too! I wonder how many of us will be sleeved that day? Or how many will be in the recovery house with us? Where are you from? We are from NW Arkansas. We will be driving to San Diego because my hubby is afraid to fly. We will be arriving on the 10th.

We are from albuquerque NM. We'll be flying in on the 10th. The Hubby wants some time after my sx to see some sights. We fly back out on Friday.

We are from albuquerque NM. We'll be flying in on the 10th. The Hubby wants some time after my sx to see some sights. We fly back out on Friday.

Since my husband is having surgery on the 13th, we probably won't leave until Saturday. We are staying at the recovery house the whole time. Are you staying there the whole time too?

Since my husband is having surgery on the 13th, we probably won't leave until Saturday. We are staying at the recovery house the whole time. Are you staying there the whole time too?

We will be there for 3-4 days as far as I know. I think the sweetheart wants a day in California so if its possible maybe only 3 days at the recovery house. My Hubby has never gotten to travel so this is waaay exciting for him and I'm going to do my beat to make sure he enjoys himself! Lord knows he kills himself trying to keep me happy...so every little thing I can do to make him smile I will do!

I was sleeved on the 14th with Dr. Almanza and on that very day he preformed surgery on 8 people. I was the last to go in. It seemed liked an eternity but with a massive amount of weight you can't wait to get rid of waiting hours was really a breeze when you look at the big picture.

Monday April 11th is my big day laugh.gif

Also how do you make friends in this forum? I can't figure out how to negotiate that in this particular forum. I would like to befriend the other April 11 surgery dates. There seems to be a handful of us.biggrin.gif

I'm having surgery on April 12 with Dr. Nicholson and am really looking forward to it being here already. The anticipation is hard and I'm getting nervous.

I'm starting a full-body cleanse that my Naturopathic doctor recommends, called mediclear, to make sure my body is in the best condition for healing. I'm trying to be as prepared for the changes as possible and have also started seeing a therapist to help me work through my food issues and any emotions that come up. I really need to face my food demons since I've been eating Haagen-Daz for supper every night this week because I knew I'd be starting a cleanse then a liquid diet right away.

How is the cleanse going?

Also how do you make friends in this forum? I can't figure out how to negotiate that in this particular forum. I would like to befriend the other April 11 surgery dates. There seems to be a handful of us.biggrin.gif

I am an April 11th sleever!! On that particular post of the person you want to friend, on the left side where is shows the status, etc., there is a little icon with a green plus sign (if you aren't friends). Click the plus to add as a friend. If you are already friends with that person, it will be a red minus sign. Clicking on the minus sign will remove them as your friend.

I already added you!!!

hello all! my surgery is scheduled for april 15th and i am looking for others having the sleeve in april as well..... let's band together and stay in touch to get through the next few weeks successfully!!!! it will be so wonderful to have support from people going through the same thing I will be at about the same time!!!!!!!!! :)

i also am looking to make better connections with others on this site! my nerves have really gotten more apparent this week... i'm in the 3 week window and so afriad i'll be a failure at this as i was with the lapband... i am trying to push that out of my head and stay positive... but i want to be real as well. how are all of you feeling????

finally got my long awaited surgery date, April 11th ..any one in the forum want to chat and compare notes please let me know..Due to start my week long liquid diet April 6th not looking forward to that part..other than that I am sooooo excited! Cant wait to start a new life.

Wow... You April 11th people are so lucky to have so many sleeve sistas!!! (or brothers?) i will be following closely behind - being sleeved on that Friday, the 15th. TAX DAY becomes MY DAY! :) I also cannot wait to start a new life. I had the lapband in 2006 and lost it in 2008, so i am really trying to stay positive that i can be successful with THIS one --- which will be the LAST one!

I will be sleeved April 14th. My pre-op diet will begin April 1st.

What does your pre-op diet look like?

I'm having surgery on April 12 with Dr. Nicholson and am really looking forward to it being here already. The anticipation is hard and I'm getting nervous. I'm starting a full-body cleanse that my Naturopathic doctor recommends, called mediclear, to make sure my body is in the best condition for healing. I'm trying to be as prepared for the changes as possible and have also started seeing a therapist to help me work through my food issues and any emotions that come up. I really need to face my food demons since I've been eating Haagen-Daz for supper every night this week because I knew I'd be starting a cleanse then a liquid diet right away.

What does the cleanse consist of?

Ya definately send me your email, I would love to compare notes for sure..when do you start your preop diet?

hey, hey... no emailing --- keep it here so we all can benefit!!!!! ;)

April 18th is my VSG date.

ONE DAY AFTER ME!!! :) GOOD LUCK!

congrats to you! My date is looking to be April 18th. Good luck to you!

another person a day after me! i hope to have some words of wisdom to impart to you from the recovery room!

Im starting to get nervous. I will be sleeved (along with all you other April 11th sleevers) in 15 days. What I'm most scared of is the fact that I won't be able to eat. food is my drug of choice. I believe I will have withdrawls and go through DTs!!! I'm a bonafide FOOD ADDICT!

Goofyspice, I am right behind you on April 12th!!! I posted the same question separately and didn't get any advise so I am going to go through ALL of the April Sleevers and try to add them as friends. You do that by clicking on the little person icon under a person's picture or avatar. You will see a tiny little "minus" sign over the picture after you add them and you also use icon that to remove someone as a friend. There may be a better way to set up a group on here but I don't know what it is.

Be warned April Sleevers as I am going to try to add you all as friends :party4:....feel free to ignore me and an I promise not to take it personally. :wink1:

I am an April 11th sleever!! On that particular post of the person you want to friend, on the left side where is shows the status, etc., there is a little icon with a green plus sign (if you aren't friends). Click the plus to add as a friend. If you are already friends with that person, it will be a red minus sign. Clicking on the minus sign will remove them as your friend.

I already added you!!!

Ooops...I should have read all of the posts before responding to GoofySpice as I see Katmagmom has already done so and did a better job explaining it. :embaressed_smile: