Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are you most looking forward too after surgery?

Here is one I NEVER thought I would look forward to but I realized today that I am looking forward to exercising! It has always been a 4 letter word to me but I look forward to going to the gym and not being embarrassed at how I look. I tried yoga a few years ago and felt like I couldn't breathe in a lot of the positions because of my stomach. I look forward to losing enough weight to try it again. (in some killer cute exercise clothes of course!) :)

1-shopping in regular stores

2-wearing heels again....can somebody say Christian Louboutin laugh.gif

3-walking and not worrying about my feet, back, or knees hurting

4-getting on a plane without anxiety

5-being even more gorgeous than i am lol

i know this sounds superficial and its not directly linked to surgery and i dont want to set myself up for disappointment, but i want to be in love again sad.gif

What I'm really, really looking forward to is finding a spouse. It's very hard and disappointing to search for a boyfriend in my current weight, especially since I'm NOT into dating someone who wants me just because he has a "fat fetish" or mom-complex. I want someone who likes the same music and movies and books as me, and who'd like me because of that - not because of my weight.

I can relate to that. Although, dating scares me cuz I'm not used to the attention and tend to not trust men. I will never understand those chubby chasers. <_< I don't care about getting married, but I wouldn't mind having someone love me back, they way I love them. Never had that.

Geez, I'd forgotten about turnstiles! Medieval torture devices! I want to weigh less than my husband, wear pretty clothes again, and never again feel embarrassed about my size. I'll never be able to run again because of my bad knees, but it would be nice if I could walk the mall without having to sit down several times. It would also be nice to quit getting diet and exercise tips that are unsolicited.

Hi,

I was approved 3 days ago for wls and want to have the vertical sleeve!! I am looking forward to:

:lol:

Getting off my medications

Practicing yoga

Wearing a bathing suit without worry

Crossing my legs

Shopping for much smaller size in new stores for me (Chico's)

Flying without worrying if the belt will fit

Eliminating stress on my knees

Having more energy

Packing smaller clothes and using a smaller bag on ong trips

Lexus

I haven't had my surgery yet, however I most look foward to wearing a shirt with a belted waist, to get off meds for high blood pressure and diabetes meds, too take pictures and not have to hide behind somebody. I so look forward to not being the fat friend. I am ready to shop in regular stores and lastly, I am ready to get my sexy back.

I'm looking forward to be able to go for a run with my dog

To fit comfortably in an airplane seat, not feel guilty that I'm invading my neighbors space, AND be able to put the table down!

To buy knee high boots! Even the Extra Wide Width ones dont fit these calf's of mine

To know what it feels like to be full

To cross my legs, even sit on the floor indian style

To have more than one or two options for stores while shopping for clothes!

I want to.......

1. pain free in my knees

2. run a half marathon again

3. buy cute clothes from regular stores

4. be more active

5. waterski again

6. find the man of my dreams

7. buy my panties and bras from Victoria's Secret

8. take a walking tour of Europe

9. buy a cute swimsuit

10. get off all pain medications

I

I Love everyones answers!!! My only add is to be able to fit in a booth at a restaurant without it pushing up against me as if I were siting in a high chair. Yes, I'm very excited for everyone. I leave Sat for TJ my surgery date is on Mon! Anyody else going to TJ on Monday the 4h?

Geez, I'd forgotten about turnstiles! Medieval torture devices! I want to weigh less than my husband, wear pretty clothes again, and never again feel embarrassed about my size. I'll never be able to run again because of my bad knees, but it would be nice if I could walk the mall without having to sit down several times. It would also be nice to quit getting diet and exercise tips that are unsolicited.

I hadn't thought about looking forward to weighing less than my husband until he commented yesterday that he had "lost a few pounds" since I started my pre-op diet! :frusty: How is it that he can lose MORE weight than I have and he has just eaten a few less pieces of bread? Sigh. SO....the new thing on the top of my list of things that I am looking forward to after surgery is to weigh less than him!

I feel so lucky to have met the soul mate love of my life while larger (though not nearly as large as I am right now)- he loved me as I was, loves me as I am, and supports me in the surgery because I am unhappy in my body, not because he wants me to lose weight.

One thing I wanted to say is that when I got to the point when I looked around my life and thought- "I will be fine if I don't find someone" because I was happy inside, happy being me- BAM that is when I met him. Work towards being the goddess you are for YOU and I think the love will follow. Bless all of you who want to find love- I really want you all to find it.

My list

Weigh less than my husband! He is 205 right now, I am 270 so that first goal will take 65 pounds. (Of course knowing him he will lose too...)

Be able to take my beautiful engagement ring off so that I can have it properly cleaned for the first time in years

Relieve the back and knee pain that has me housebound

Walk my dog

And most importantly I want to be able to buy clothes that truly express who I am. Although I can find nice plus size clothes, and I make do, I haven't been able to buy the looks I really want for me for a long time. I don't get why they can't just make the same clothes in bigger sizes. Do I automatically have to wear matronly because I am big? Lane Bryant tries- but I want the same clothes I see in the smaller sizes.

Of all the things I've lost while being overweight....I miss my mind the most!!!

Are you saying we will get our minds back after the surgery?!!! :). Something new to look forward to! ;)