Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Menstrual Cup?

I'm trying out the Instead cup today. Supposed to last up to 12 hours with no leaking. The reviews are pretty good. These are disposable ones. I just ordered a Lunette reusable one which seemed to have better ratings. Has anyone else ever tried these? I'm going on a vacation next week and my period is really heavy, so I'm hoping this helps!!!

I'm trying out the Instead cup today. Supposed to last up to 12 hours with no leaking. The reviews are pretty good. These are disposable ones. I just ordered a Lunette reusable one which seemed to have better ratings. Has anyone else ever tried these? I'm going on a vacation next week and my period is really heavy, so I'm hoping this helps!!!

i use these all the time.They are geat.There is still some leakage so i use a pad as backup

I have the Diva cup, it's pretty cool. Haven't had any problems with it.

Going to google this on my iPad (still at work will come up BLOCKED) now! need to find out what they are, sounds interesting, and the dog will not try to eat it!! GROSS!!!!

Ok, so far this is great! It's 5 hours in and no leaking! I'm having a really heavy period these past few days where I was doubling up with pads and tampons and changing them a lot! Waking up 3 times a night because I'm afraid I'm leaking! All I can say is WOW!

Heather that is so cool! I'm going on vacation in July, right about that time! Actually last year we went on vacation and i got it then too! what a bad planner i am! Anyway, can you feel it in there, like a tampon? or is it just there? no leaking really??? think you will be able to go swimming with it? Going to have to get one!!!

thanks for bringing it up would have never known if you didn't!!!

Patti

I'm going on vacation in 3 days to florida. So it better work!! LOL, it's been in about 8 hours, no leaking, no pain, I really can't even feel it. It's AWESOME! Just this morning I was leaking and changing my stuff every 2 hours. I forgot for a while today that I even had my period! The Instead cups I bought at Walgreens. They didn't have any other brands or the reusable kinds. It's a 14 pack and they were right near the Pads in the store. I have a reusable one coming in the mail next week, so I'll make sure to let you guys know how that works. I really wish I knew about this sooner!

I had a moon cup for quite a while and was very pleased with it. I am past all that now but if i was younger I would always go for this. good for holidays too, saves trying to find tampax in remote places!!

Jane x

24 hours later..... Still awesome! Slept through the night with no worries!

That is really cool! I'm thinking that for vacation, the disposables would probably be better. We are going with another family, and i'm not too sure of the accommodations until we get there! But I cannot wait to hear your take on the reusable! Will be going to Walgreen's on the way home as she is due to rear her ugly head this week!!

thanks again for the review!

Patti

I just got a Moon Cup (the UK kind) at my sister's insistence that I try it because they are so awesome. I haven't tried it yet, but I like the idea. Hopefully I'll love it as much as she does.

I tried the diva cup for a day, and it is better than tampons, but not better than the disposable ones in my opinion. Will definitely keep it for the future. The disposable ones are more flexible and easier to remove.

Ok what happens when you take it out??

I have used the "Instead Cup", which are disposable. When you take it out (without sounding too graphic) you dump the excess, wrap the cup in tissue and discard in the trash. I gave one to a friend to try (yes, they are individually wrapped hehehe) and she hated it. She said it was so comfortable but when it came time to take it out, she said she was fishing for it, tilted it and made a mess. In my opinion, like all things, it takes practice to get it just right, but once you do it is so easy and comfy. I honestly do not feel them while they are in place - it is just that comfy.

Not sure if anyone else covered this, but you can have relations while wearing one and the guy can't really feel it. (I asked mine a couple times, and he claims Nope, can't feel it.) It even didn't spill or move during the throw down :P

Instead Cup (on Amazon approx $14 USD for 14 disposable)

http://www.amazon.co...p/dp/B000X29GY6

Diva Cup (on Amazon approx $22 USD for 1 reusable)

http://www.amazon.co...h/dp/B000FAG6XA

FYI Instead cup does not have a tail like the Diva cup. And both can be found cheaper.. just using Amazon as a comparison..