Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back to square one

OK I have to say this outload, I'm taking the bull by the horns, I started tracking my calories again today, (I put in for yesterday what I was eating on any given day lately) and just as I suspected I was having way too many carbs (around 130 a day) no wonder I've been stalled for more than a month!!! Thank God for exercise because I think that was what saved me from actually putting on weight, as I have been on around 1300 cal a day :o plus the high carbs! Anyway, at 7 months out and just a bit more to go I need to get rid of the rest of my weight. I realise as many of you said in other threads, I will never get rid of the food demon 100%, but I have this wonderful tool and I need to work it to its max!!!

Any thoughts or anyone going through similar, or am I alone here, I feel like I am so weak :(

Girl you are NOT alone!!! The "food DEMON" is HELL!! I'm 7 weeks out and can eat pretty much ANYTHING and not get sick....which is BAD!!! Well I haven't tried Sweets and I'm NOT going too because I'm SCARED they will do just fine too! I SO HOPED that when I got sleeved I would get sick from the food and not go back to my old habits. I mean THANK GOD I can't eat as much!!! chips has ALWAYS been my WEAKNESS. SO I bought pork rids but I ate too many of them so I stopped buying them. Found Baked Cheetos ...just had to have my CRUNCH! I just HATED MYSELF afterwards...How can I be SO STUPID!!

Sorry just venting!!!! I hope someone out there can give us some advise!!!

OK I have to say this outload, I'm taking the bull by the horns, I started tracking my calories again today, (I put in for yesterday what I was eating on any given day lately) and just as I suspected I was having way too many carbs (around 130 a day) no wonder I've been stalled for more than a month!!! Thank God for exercise because I think that was what saved me from actually putting on weight, as I have been on around 1300 cal a day :o plus the high carbs! Anyway, at 7 months out and just a bit more to go I need to get rid of the rest of my weight. I realise as many of you said in other threads, I will never get rid of the food demon 100%, but I have this wonderful tool and I need to work it to its max!!!

Any thoughts or anyone going through similar, or am I alone here, I feel like I am so weak :(

Chilo, hi honey! Please go to Post Op VSG questions and answers, and look for the title called "old habits trying to come back" Please read my confession and hopefully this will help you get back on track. . . it was painful for me to write, but at least i got it out there just like when a drug addict admits they have a problem. . . please go read it. . . thanks

Chilo, hi honey! Please go to Post Op VSG questions and answers, and look for the title called "old habits trying to come back" Please read my confession and hopefully this will help you get back on track. . . it was painful for me to write, but at least i got it out there just like when a drug addict admits they have a problem. . . please go read it. . . thanks

Can't find it???

Thinoneday I found it....I hope you don't mind me posting it for Chilo1

I can so relate to what your saying and it's not fun. . .unfortunately we are given this sleeve as a tool only, what we do with it is our decision. . . since last october i've fallen off the wagon pretty badly and gained quite a bit of weight (not tons but enough to shock me) and i had to think about what it was that i had been doing wrong. . . i found that i've come under A LOT of stress both at home and at work. . . so being a emotional eater, guess what????? I was eating all the time not realizing what I was doing. . . it didn't seem like much at those times, heck a small bag of pretzels here and small bag of licorice there. . . Pork rinds EVERYDAY up to 2 bags of them, lots of alcohol, going out to eat more often. . . you get the picture. . . well i would weigh myself and couldn't understand why the heck was i not moving off the same weight i was on for the past few months so I stopped weighing myself as well. . .(oh and to mention I stopped exercising too) well then here at the end of february I got up onto the scale after not being weighed for a few weeks and oh my god I thought i was going to die, have a stroke, or both but I had gained soooooooooo much weight (25lbs, no the scale was not wrong). . . but how was that possible? Well it is and it will happen to all of us if we don't get a handle onto it. . . the sleeve is only a tool it's not a miracle thing that will make us loose weight we are the ones who have to work with it in order to loose the weight. . . well i got back to basics (and let me tell you it's extremely hard now) but since i have i've lost 4 lbs in 3 days, i will continue to eat Proteins first and ONLY 3 meals a day without Snacks like it was recommended by my nut back in the beginning. . . This is a big set back for me, I was soooooo close to my goal and now have to work 2x as hard to get there but i will get there. . . I didn't spend $15,000.00 of my hard earned money to regain my weight!

So I hope that this story helps you out a bit, maybe scares you a bit, but it's true and very real. . I'm living through it now and was really embarrassed to talk about it, but the best therapy is to realize what is happening and get it out into the open . . . so here I am telling you to be really careful. . . don't sabatoge yourself. . it's a lot harder if you do. . . good luck to you and to EVERYONE here. . . .

thinoneday .....THANK YOU SO MUCH you are SO SO SO SO RIGHT!!!!! I've been eating between meal...like a cheese stick or two and then yogurt or pudding in the afternoon. The thing is I'm NOT REALLY HUNGRY I just THINK I need it! I am going to try to BUCKLE down and do EXACTLY what the NUT told me NO IN BETWEEN MEALS!!! Maybe it will come off faster during my HONEYMOON stage. OLD HABITS are SO HARD to break!!!

Chilo1 I sure hope this helps you too! I will keep you in my prayers that we can OVER COME this food DEMON!!!

I get so confused, I was told to eat my 3 meals have 2 small Snacks. I was told that eating every 3 to 4 hours, just a little bit will keep my metabolism up. I usually get a yogurt in mid morning but I don't always get an afternoon snack in because I am full from lunch.< /p>

Thanks Thinoneday.

Your story you shared with us sounds exactly what I just went through. Except my stall and slight weight gain went on for 6 months.

During that time I was going through the fostering process to get my nephew out of foster care and into my home. I stopped betting down the munching monster.

I too gave myself a stern talking to and decided I was NOT going to throw away the thousands of dollars I paid to have this tool. I was going to work it for all it's worth.

I am back on track now and slowly loosing again.

The bad eating demon is going to be a constant monkey on my back.

Thanks again for posting your story.

Will

Hey Chilo,

I've only just found this post...

I completely understand where you are coming from. At the moment my head is really playing tricks with me... along the lines of 'well, you ain't losing so you might as well have a piece of toast/biscuit' etc! I am not saying that I am overeating,as such, but the last two weeks, I have included a lot more carbs than normal.

I suppose part of me hopes that this would jerk my body into losing again, and the other part is thinking 'oh stuff this I ain't getting anywhere'!!!

Like you, I don't know what to do... I suppose the back to basics is the only way forward, and trying to change that internal negative thought process has to be included.

I try to look at the weight loss to date and be proud of that, but it is difficult isn't it! I don't want this journey to end now...

We will do this together... give me a shout if you need to vent! x

Thanks all for sharing your experiences!

Coops I haven't taken the bull by the horns, I had quite a few carbs again since last weekend (excuse being that it was my birthday) so I had a bit of cake and quite a lot of alcohol :( and that continued all week, the high carbs, not alcohol and cake though. So as from tomorrow I'm back to basics and tracking my food, we can do this!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks all for sharing your experiences!

Coops I haven't taken the bull by the horns, I had quite a few carbs again since last weekend (excuse being that it was my birthday) so I had a bit of cake and quite a lot of alcohol :( and that continued all week, the high carbs, not alcohol and cake though. So as from tomorrow I'm back to basics and tracking my food, we can do this!!!!!!!!!!

Count me in... started really low carbs today and upping my Water too... let us pray that we get that pesky scales moving... if only a little!!! One way to think of it... at least when we get to maintance, we know what to do!!! =]

Chilo I am with you, I havent necessarily fallen off the wagon or anything I too have just not been tracking or following the eating standard. I have maintained my weight loss but I know I want to lose at least 15-20 more pounds and it is so within my reach. I just gotta get back to the basics. Like Will said I don't want to have wasted my hard earned cash only to put this weight back on one pound at a time because I wasn't paying attention to the "RULES".

I am starting back to work full time next week and actually think it will help me with my loss. I tend to throw myself into work and forget about breaks and eating so missing a few extra calories here and there should be helpful.