Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need my sugar fix

For the past few weeks, the urge to have something sweet has been getting stronger. I figured maybe it was that I wasn't getting all my nutrition in so I upped my Protein intake. I've begun to drink more Water and I've been working out and strength training fairly good (almost 1.5 hrs every day). So why am I feeling like I want to take a pack of double stuffed oreo's and just jam them into my mouth? It's like I need to have something sweet, and if I don't, I go stir crazy. Is there something I need to switch up perhaps. Or is it all in my head?

For the past few weeks, the urge to have something sweet has been getting stronger. I figured maybe it was that I wasn't getting all my nutrition in so I upped my Protein intake. I've begun to drink more Water and I've been working out and strength training fairly good (almost 1.5 hrs every day). So why am I feeling like I want to take a pack of double stuffed oreo's and just jam them into my mouth? It's like I need to have something sweet, and if I don't, I go stir crazy. Is there something I need to switch up perhaps. Or is it all in my head?

Perhaps mix a scoop of chocolate Protein powder with a spoonful of Peanut Butter?.... or are you looking for the crunch too? You have to decide if its a slippery slope or not, but you can get oreo 100cal packs, I get the cheezit grabs... and eat about 1/3rd of a 100 cal bag and I am stuffed and satisfied(always eaten with protein). I don't want to do this every day, but once or twice a week it makes me feel a bit more normal.

I bought a bunch of reeses snacksters, they are delish and have 100 calories per portion (1 little bag) and it does the trick for me. I'll have weeks when I have them for a couple of nights in a row, and then I'll forget all about sweets for a couple of weeks.

Reeses-Snacksters.jpg

sorry to say this, but when i have a craving I fulfill it . . . just have it and get it over with. . .don't feel bad about it at all but don't do it again for a while and just have 1 or 2 of the Cookies not the whole box. . . good luck! We are living and deprivation is not living. . .

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm at a point right now where I sometimes don't know what to do. I've done so much research about the foods that are good for me but I still have those times when I second guess myself. I'll give it a go on tose sugestions and see what suits me best. I do have to say those snacksters look pretty good!

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm at a point right now where I sometimes don't know what to do. I've done so much research about the foods that are good for me but I still have those times when I second guess myself. I'll give it a go on tose sugestions and see what suits me best. I do have to say those snacksters look pretty good!

Don't know what you're craving but in the beginning when I had a craving for sweets or chocolate I turned to fat free hot chocolate to do the trick. It was on occasion. Now that i'm a little further out if I crave something i'll make sure I eat my Protein and then I'll have a bite.

There is no way that we can expect ourselves to never ever have sweets, or salty or whatever it is that we crave again.

The only exception at least on my plan would be carbonation, this I know I need to never have again as it is the worst thing for my sleeve.

I am not a great sweets-eater, anyway every morning for Breakfast I have a small pudding (it's on the diet anyway and I make it with sweetener and skimmed milk), I think it is a good idea, so I won't definitily crave sweets all day...

Those jell-o pudding are delicious (we don't have them here but I tried them before)

I turn to sugar free pudding (Jello Dark chocolate in the cooler section or rice pudding with added cinnamon, yum!), cocoa almonds, and sugar free fudge pops. Or a simple spoon full of Peanut Butter. And every once in a while, without guilt, I take a bit of whatever I want.

I use my Jello pudding (sf of course) get fat free whip topping and it becomes a wonderful treat and it helps with sugar cravings..I havent' really had anything that was just so terrible since I've had surgery.. I hope they never come back..

i like eating one of the Atkins Protein Bars. There is one called mudslide. It really helps with sweets. Something else i read.....If you are really focused on the Protein and not gettng enough good fats in your diet it can give you cravings too so be sure to balance everything

I bought a bunch of reeses snacksters, they are delish and have 100 calories per portion (1 little bag) and it does the trick for me. I'll have weeks when I have them for a couple of nights in a row, and then I'll forget all about sweets for a couple of weeks.

Reeses-Snacksters.jpg

they look delicious and yummy......will definitely keep these in mind LOL