Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how much taco bell

Very true! I think the best gift we can give ourselves is TRUE freedom from food. That being if I decided I wanted a Taco Bell Taco for dinner, by golly I'll have one and move on. One taco does fill me up and I have to take off any excess tortilla. I usually get the chicken and they put a good amount of meat in it. It holds me all night long too. To me, that makes me *happy* not *guilty*!!! Besides, I don't even think I've had Taco bell in a very long time. Maybe even only once post op.

My only suggestion would be if you can feel satisfied on one taco, then let that be it. No reason to eat more if you don't really need it. Try not to push the limits if it's possible. Also, Stacy - you are at a very good weight for yourself. You have done very well, and if it takes you awhile to hit your desired weight then it does. You *are* a success story here, but you have to believe that in yourself for it to be so!!! Just my opinion of course, and you know what they say about opinions!!!... :lol:

Thanks Irene..... I have to really work at seeing myself as a success sometimes... I know I really am fine... its just so easy to frame is as a failure for not loosing the last 8 instead of a success for loosing the first 49. Its weird how we are so nurturing and supportive to others and so mean to ourselves sometimes.

thanks for the reminder

stacey

When I read all of these posts, it is clear how we are all still programmed to beat ourselves up over our food choices!!! We have all done fantastic and food will always be a part of our existence. We really need to try not to be so hard on ourselves, if you eat it and you liked it then just leave it at that and walk away :rolleyes:. It definately takes the brain a while to catch up to the body, doesn't it?

Thanks Irene..... I have to really work at seeing myself as a success sometimes... I know I really am fine... its just so easy to frame is as a failure for not loosing the last 8 instead of a success for loosing the first 49. Its weird how we are so nurturing and supportive to others and so mean to ourselves sometimes.

thanks for the reminder

stacey

Stacey you have taken the words right out of my mouth...why is it so easy though to feel like such a failure so close to goal????? It's craaaaazy!!!! How would we respond to others so close? We would cheer them on!!! We would say GREAT JOB, Celebrate your journey, soooo...here's CHEERS TO YOU my sleeve sisters CHEERS TO YOU! Let's Celebrate all of our accomplishments :) thus far yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! Have a wonderful weekend :)

I usually can eat 1 crispy taco with meat. Once I ate a few bites of a second taco...recently I heard it isn't real meat and I was so mad bc now I have trouble going there bc as I eat I am thinking WHAT AM I EATING...IS THIS MEAT, etc.

To me it is a food I can grab for a buck if I'm away from home and I really need food. I don't want fast food, but sometimes it does the trick in jam.

It's nice to hear I'm not the only one eating tacos or other things that are not 1 oz of skinless grilled chicken breast or 1.5 egg whites. Honestly, no one I know who's thin actually subsists on a low carb diet, they all eat normally - fruits, veggies, yogurt, but also, yes, Bagels with cream cheese, butter chicken, and other "bad" things. I'll tell you what they DON'T eat - FIVE bagels with cream cheese or a party-sized bag of M'n'M's.

Moderation was always my problem pre surgery. My fantasy was that once I lost the weight, I would eat what ever I wanted, only in moderation (forced moderation... but moderation).

I'm really close to goal and have had a few forays into the real world of food (taco bell being one of them). I have had such guilt and remorse after these times.... I am really going to start working on a healthier relationship with food... one that involves small indulgences without guilt. I mean, seriously, its not like we can eat enough in one sitting to do any real damage. I know we have the potential to regain if we decide to "eat around" the surgery with mushies and milk shakes... but NORMAL MODERATE eating has always been an illusive dream.

I don't eat Taco Bell or other fast foods. I am really trying while in my first yr postop to lose all my excess weight. I *LOVE* mexican food AND fast food so moderation isn't really good for me.. I have to avoid altogether!

I know this isn't a 'diet' - it's a new way of life, but I treated it as a diet until I reached goal. NOTHING sweet passed my lips until then, and as far as fast food, I was forced a couple of times to eat at McDonalds, due to realizing at the mall one day that I had not eaten. At 1 PM I was feeling funny, I was in the dressing room, got dressed real quick and went to the food court. I knew from reading their nutritional info what the little cheese burger was, so I got it and ate just the meat and cheese....I was about three months out, so I wasn't able to eat the entire 2 oz burger, but I ate what I could. It was Protein. No bun for me. I have eaten the fresco taco at Taco Bell since reaching goal, but only take a small bite or two of the flour tortilla and then eat the insides. One is all I can eat. Fast food is not something I made a habit of pre-op, I sure don't want to do it now! I do eat Mexican food, at sit down restaurants. No chips, EVER. I can eat one half an enchilada and about a TB of refried Beans and a TB or 2 of rice...or one enchilada. It's wonderful. I need the calories now since I'm in maintenence and having a hard time stopping the weight loss!! Go figure!

I don't eat Taco Bell or other fast foods. I am really trying while in my first yr postop to lose all my excess weight. I *LOVE* mexican food AND fast food so moderation isn't really good for me.. I have to avoid altogether!

Moderation was always my problem pre surgery. My fantasy was that once I lost the weight, I would eat what ever I wanted, only in moderation (forced moderation... but moderation).

I'm really close to goal and have had a few forays into the real world of food (taco bell being one of them). I have had such guilt and remorse after these times.... I am really going to start working on a healthier relationship with food... one that involves small indulgences without guilt. I mean, seriously, its not like we can eat enough in one sitting to do any real damage. I know we have the potential to regain if we decide to "eat around" the surgery with mushies and milk shakes... but NORMAL MODERATE eating has always been an illusive dream.

The life of moderation I wanted so badly is now mine.

I used to beat myself up when I was getting into maintenance, and started adding a lot more yumminess to my daily intake. I can tell you when it clicked for me.

It was the day that I watched what all my naturally thin, never had a weight problem, active, loving life, skinny bitch friends were eating. Guess what I found? I was eating just like they were, and I was maintaining and not feeling deprived. Nor was I willing to beat myself up over indulgences here and there. Skinny bitches drink moscato and have a couple chocolate covered strawberries ! ! ! I've always said that mashed potatoes and Cookies didn't make me fat. Eating 3 cups of mashed potatoes and an entire sleeve of chips Ahoy Cookies with milk made me fat ! ! ! Grant it, everyone knows I was super strict with my carb intake during my losing stage, and during that time, I listened to my body. I realized what I needed to do in maintenance because of the work I put in during my losing stage.

You will get there mentally, it takes time, and you'll lose those last few pounds to get you to goal.