Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the 50s ???

Hey 50s! I just turned 60 yesterday! Hope all is well... Im still alive and kicking.

Happy Birthday!!

1 year update

I have not logged in for a very long time. I had my 1 year check up about a week ago. My weight loss has been very slow. I have probably eaten more carbs than I should on occasion. My high weight was 280, my surgery weight was 255, my current weight is 182. I would still like to lose an additional 42 lbs. I eat around 900 - 1200 calories per day, keep my Protein up around 80 grams, ride my bicycle 3 - 4 times per week around 10 miles each ride, walk around 40 minutes about 4 - 5 times per week. I also try to get in around 2 strength training sessions each week. I started wearing size 24 and now wear a size 12 - 16 (depending on the brand). Definately has some saggy skin.

Has anyone had any kind of lift surgery?

Have a great day -

Kathy

3 years out this month. Lost 100 and reached goal at 8 mos. Easy Peasy. Maintenance not so much. Added back too many bad carbs and picked up pounds over a year or so. Have lost all but about 10 lbs. Doing 5:2 eating plan for last two weeks and seem to be able to lose and maintain this easily. Think I've finally found maintenance plan fore and gained a LOT of insight into ME during last few months. I am still a junk food addict if I let it so I won't anymore. Amazingly, the great restriction is still there IF I MANAGE it. Sliders will def defeat you if allowed.

VERY happy with where I am but will be happier back at goal and my size 8 skirts. (Now 10-12). #headthing

UK Cathy you are also rocking that sleeve, congrats!!!

Lots of AWESOME stories here....... Congrats to all of you..... reminder, you will continue to lose weight in year 2, if you are following the Dr's orders. Don't rely so much on that ONE EYED MONSTER, by that I mean the scale. you will not lose a #, but you may lose a size or two, just like many on here have testified to. I stopped weighing towards the end, I got so discouraged, thinking, is this all I am going to lose.........I would hang at certain points what seemed like FOREVER!..... YOu will lose it, just do what you know you should do............again, congrats to all of you losers...........your doing an AWESOME JOB!!! Ü

Luanne thanks for the update, it is so nice to hear from people so far out from their surgery. I find it interesting that your weight is he same but you have dropped 2 sizes. I am in an enormous stall in terms of weight loss at the moment but shape is changing and when I get down my husband says what do you want to be Xlbs it Y size? I guess at times I want it all. I suppose because I weigh often I seem to refer to the scales and maybe that is not he right choice.

Again thanks for the update.

Hi Cathy -- Well first of all, you're doing awesome! About a year ago, I bought a Proform Activator (Google "vibrating plate" to see the principle to it + U-Tube even) that stimulates the muscles & helps metabolism so it changed my shape. One of my friends even gushed, "You look like a Barbie doll!" There's all kinds of machines out there, I found this one at Sears/Kmart for $400. My doctor's office has one & certain gyms also. Here's to "jiggling" away!

Hi Luanne, I have one of those vibrating plates too, what exercises do you do on yours? I have a DVD that came with it bu t it is not too interesting. I have started with a personal trainer who comes to my house for 1 hr per week and I have booked 10 sessions. I have had 4 sessions so far and I really love it, she is concentrating on strength exercises and I am using my kettle bells too (which I love). I also have an elliptical so I tend to do 2 elliptical and 2 strength sessions per week.

Stall is also over and 1 have lost 4lb in 2 weeks following the 5:2 program - there are a few people on here (mostly all over 1 yr out who are trying to get to goal, stay at goal or maintain).

It is slow but sure at the moment.

I turned 50 in May my surgery is scheduled for 8/6. I weighed this morning and am at 230. I have read to start adopting the post sleeve lifestyle now, and not wait until after surgery. Over the last week I have weaned some carbs (mostly wheat), gotta get to the gym today and get the junk out of my reach. I have about 30 days to get as healthy as possible for my surgery.

Thanks door all of your posts. While I haven't read them all, I have seen the success, and support you give each other and am glad to see that women and men in my age group loose and get happy and healthy.

This whole deal is getting very real!

Hay Strongnsexy,

Congrats on your upcoming surgery! To get ready, I recommend practicing eating slowly with a timer or clock (one small bite, chew for 30 seconds, then wait 30 seconds before another bite), sipping Water slowly all day, giving up coffee if you are not allowed to have it immediately post op, and buying a small spoon and fork if you don't already have one. I used a demitasse spoon and an appetizer fork. I had small plates and bowls, but if you don't get a few.

Lynda

Hay Strongnsexy' date='

Congrats on your upcoming surgery! To get ready, I recommend practicing eating slowly with a timer or clock (one small bite, chew for 30 seconds, then wait 30 seconds before another bite), sipping Water slowly all day, giving up coffee if you are not allowed to have it immediately post op, and buying a small spoon and fork if you don't already have one. I used a demitasse spoon and an appetizer fork. I had small plates and bowls, but if you don't get a few.

Lynda[/quote']

Thanks Lynda,

I better hit baby's r us. I appreciate your support!

Carolyn

I got mine at Bed Bath Beyond. They have cute little appetizer spoons and forks.

Lynda

HI everyone,

Im 51 still post op....already went through the change with no hormone therapy. I cant wait to get my date...screw up with insurance caused my info to have to be resumbitted..was resent today and now the waiting begins for a 2nd time!

Hay Strongnsexy,

Lynda

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. I am 56 and a grandmother of a couple of little ones. I guess all those little plates, bowls and sliverware will get more use now. :rolleyes:

Hi everyone' date='

I'm new here. I am 56 and a grandmother of a couple of little ones. I guess all those little plates, bowls and sliverware will get more use now. :rolleyes:[/quote']

Welcome!

Thanks Georgia,

How has life been since your surgery? Several people have scoufed at me for going ahead with it because I am over.