Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the 50s ???

Hi all. Today feeling much better. I guess this is my third day post surgery. I have lost 9 of the 11 lbs I gained during surgery. I am able to take bigger sips than I thought I would be able to' date=' but have to be careful or I get the hiccups or start burping, which I discovered does not feel good. I'm suppose to be on Clear Liquids for 7 days, then I go to full liquids.[/quote']

Hello there,

I had mine done march 8th, came home to 10 lbs heavier also, that sucked, but the good news it came off within 4 days, after 3 months down 48 lbs, get in about 800 calories a day, the drinking of Water I still have a hard time getting it down, I average 2 bottles a day, so roughly 4 glasses. The weather here has been crappy so the walking is very inconsistent, started to play golf a month ago, and had no probs what's so ever, but I am tired after,lol.

You will do great I have not regretted doing this at all, I feel great, energy, galore, and love fitting into smaller clothes, the only thing that is different this time is weightl loss in the boobs, man can not find bra that fits properly,lol. This keeps up I will have none

I'm 61 years old and 5 days out. No problems at all and not even taking the pain meds, anymore. The diet is what it is. I had made my mind up that eating and drinking the way I use to is a thing of the past and now I follow the plan religiously. Like a survival tool. Once this first month is over and I'm back on regular foods I can ease up on myself a bit but I know I am very structured and I will probably map out each week until I reach my goal weight. I miss my golf game, alot. My wife is getting sleeved in 9 days. I hope I have paved a road for her. I know I can offer the emotional support. But as I said, I was lucky to be relatively pain free and still have not felt hunger.

Clancy, I'm with you. I feel so lucky. Pain was very minimal. I cut my pain pills in half and think I took about 2 total after I got home. I finally aired up the tires to my bicycle today and rode 3 miles. I know that is no great feat, but feel good I finally got it done. Maybe tomorrow I can go much further. My biggest problem has been being tired. Today I am starting to feel much more alert. I am now 8 days out and can have full liquids. Think that has helped.

I've hit my first stall, and as I'm reading the last few comments I got to thinking about what I'm eating. Yep, I've added carbs back to my "normal" eating. I haven't used Myfitnesspal like I used to. Gotta get back up on that wagon and get it headed in the right direction. Thanks folks for reminding me that carbs are bad (not all of them, but certainly the one's I've been eating lately).

Your body does get used to however many calories you are giving it.

So, during the losing phase, when I could barely eat, I was losing well.

Now that I am 3 years out, of course I am no longer only eating 800 calories per day. The problem is, my body got used to only eating 800 calories per day, and now I gain weight back very easily. It's scary.

Rode my bike about two miles a little bit ago. Don't have a water bottle holder on it yet, and it feels really hot out. (Think it is only 90 though). Had to stop to come in the house and re-hydrate and cool off, then I will be back out again.

Well, it finally happened. Three weeks later than I expected. Six weeks out and I hit a stall. Stuck at 215 for the last week. It's okay though since I added exercise to the schedule this week so my body is probably just trying to adjust.

I did have a great NSV this week too. I cleaned out my closet and took two large trash bags of clothes that i will never wear again to a consignment store that sells only women's sizes 14 and over. I get 50% of the sales price. These are very nice clothes as I have to wear business dress for work. I can use the profits as credit in the store if I want. The store has really cute clothing and accessories so I think this is a good deal as I am dropping sizes and don't want to spend the money on new clothes. Great transitional clothing!

I'm eating regular food now but still having a hard time getting the calories up to 800 per NUT's recommendation. Still around 600. Protein has been in the high 70's to low 80's, carbs in the 20's, and at least 64 ounces of Water daily, sometimes more. Last night I had halibut cakes, rather cake (singular) since I could barely eat one. I'm not finding eating at restaurants challenging at all. There always seems to be healthy choices. I ate one or two bites of the outside of the cake which was very lightly coated with panko, and ate mostly the middle of the cake and two green Beans. It was a delicious meal, although just the very small bites of the panko crust did send me to the bathroom an hour later. At least I thought that's what it was. Could also have been the rich filling in the halibut cake too.

For Father's Day, I'm making Emily's Bites Lasagna Cpcakes since my husband wants lasagna. Can't wait to try them!

I feel like I am in a really good rhythm now and it is great!

Obtained a Water bottle for my bicycle, enabled me to ride 4.17 miles today without stopping! It was about 95 out, so I couldn't have made it without my water. (Didn't think I was going to make it home with the water, lol). YEAH Next try for 5 miles. My goal is to ride in the Tour De Pepper bike ride next year, which is 9 mile, 34 mile, or 70 mile ride. Eventually I would like to do the 70 mile ride. It is in Dublin, TX and benefits children.

Awesome ! you are doing great on the bike... Keep up the good work!

I am really enjoying the bike rides, and driving down streets around where I live that I normally don't drive down. Plus you see more than you do when you are driving. Plus getting some sun and fresh air. Great exercise and knee friendly, lol.

You're definitely making me want to get a bike!! I used to love to ride, but that was many, many years ago. I might need training wheels again! LOL... You are doing great increasing your distance. You'll be ready for that 70 mile in no time!!

Stepped up on the scale and was down 2lbs this morning! Hope my stall is over with!

Okay I definitely do not have anything good to say about Mi hospital. Came home with major infection in port holes. Ugg this isnot fun

Okay I definitely do not have anything good to say about Mi hospital. Came home with major infection in port holes. Ugg this isnot fun

So very sorry to hear that. I've been battling a low-grade fever but it's getting better. I had a bleeder blood vessel. Had to stay in the hospital 2 extra days and received 2 pints of blood. My body is still dealing with this but it's almost done. Take care of those port holes!

Oh Kat! I'm so sorry to hear that. Hopefully, the antibiotics will work quickly and knock it out. I'm thinking of you. And good luck to you too ssilian.

Thanks Joni and Ssilian

Now I have tto go to the hospital every morning for an antibiotic shot which burns like you can't imagine. There is a ball of infection which they actually grabed with the stitches and squeezed. Tomorrow I will know what the results of the swab show and they can put me on a antibiotic. Hopi g they don't have to drain this one spot. Yes I am down. This is not what I anticipated. Oh well. Trying to work at the office for a couple of hours but then am exhausted. Tomorrow I hope will be a better day. Good news I am down 8 lbs since Friday. Ssilian how are you doing today? Joni haven't heard from you are you okay.