Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the 50s ???

Hi, I am 54 and I had my last period in 08 so I am post now. I am on hormone therapy. Anyway I have averaged about 10 lbs a month after my sleeve I suspect I probably have more sag then the younger sleevers but at my age who is ever going to see my mid drift, butt and breasts other then the hubby and since nature takes care of that by making us of a certain age far sighted he'll never notice ;) And sag looks better then fat.

I'm 51 and it's been 13 months since I was sleeved. Have been going thru the hot flashes since Nov. The only good thing about this is that it's the only time I'm not cold. Problem is it only lasts few minutes.

Brenda

I am in my 50's for a little while longer. I am 58.

I've been at goal for a year and I love the attention I am getting from men. I've been a widow for a number of years so getting thin has brought me dates and a much more interesting life!

UPDATE: My 3 month upper GI & blood work all came back great! I do need B12 shots every two tho which is ok with me. PLUS my insurance paid for it all!

GLAD to hear from you all! ~ I'm 56 & 11 weeks out...I have lost 34 pounds and feel great! I lost over 90 on a dr's program in 2008-2009 and put 65 back on, over 45 in 3 months. Out-Of-Control sooo I went to Mexico in December and very grateful of the decision! I feel I'm losing slow enough so I don't have "the wrinkles" and "bags" as I didn't last time. I have my 3 month Upper GI & bloodwork coming up and am worried that my insurance won't cover the GI expense. I was told to call my insurance & find out b-u-t that might put a red flag on it--am thinking I should take my chances? I was 270+ at my top, 185 at my lowest, started the sleever at 245 and now 209 = Can't wait for my 160 lb goal!

Plenty of sagging with this 57 y/o but I'm of the "super obese" group and definetly will need panus removal due to repeated infections. My face is wrinkle~free so far but I expect that will change. I have so many problems caused by my obesity and feel so much better I can handle wrinkles. I still can't weigh myself on a regular scale so I don't weigh myself very much. I'm so glad I had surgery and am happy so many younger people are having surgery before their health is ruined. Hooray fo us 50's.

It's never to late to make better choices for ones health! I'm also glad younger people are having the surgery. I wish I would have had it done years ago: In the last 30 years, I have probably gained & lost over 500 pounds. How healthy is that?!! I'm 14 weeks out & so grateful of the decision to have a tool for a lifetime of help! Lu

Plenty of sagging with this 57 y/o but I'm of the "super obese" group and definetly will need panus removal due to repeated infections. My face is wrinkle~free so far but I expect that will change. I have so many problems caused by my obesity and feel so much better I can handle wrinkles. I still can't weigh myself on a regular scale so I don't weigh myself very much. I'm so glad I had surgery and am happy so many younger people are having surgery before their health is ruined. Hooray fo us 50's.

Way to go! Keep up the great work! Ronda

Where are the 50's??? -- all I see is a topic about wrinkles! How has the surgery changed your life?

Your stats sound like mine, although I have a RNY that is almost 10 yrs old. The bypass stretched out. Dr recommends the sleeve to revise my old surgery and get back to weight loss again. I kept 85 pounds off for about 3 yrs, then it has been a slow regain and a host of symptoms postop that I need to take care of with weight management. Keep up the great work!

I am 57, and am shooting for about 150 pounds to maintain. Ronda

Hi, Foxbins! You are doing swell! I am awaiting scheduling and ins auth for my sleeve revision. I have about 70-80 pounds to lose and maintain. Keep up the great work!

Hello all of you AB FAB 50 Somethings!

I'm just starting my VSG journey -- and, like everyone else -- it's been a long time coming. If it weren't so sad, it would probably make an awesome dance. I'm callin' it the VSG BOOGIE -- Two steps forward, one step back, slide to the side, move to the back, jump through the hoops, now twist to the left, then skate to the right. Now Everybody JUMP JUMP JUMP. (Okay, so it's a work in progress, but then again, so am I. For now, it's just an interpretive dance...)

I've decided that my mental theme song for the first part of my VSG Boogie is "I like to move it, move it. I like to move it, move it...." Then again, maybe I'm just mental enough to begin with :lol:

Bette Davis once said "Getting old ain't for sissies" and BOY was she right. So, I've decided that at 56, I'm not even close to old, but I am ALMOST perfectly aged (like fine wine or cheese). No Mad Dog 2020 or Limburger for me thank you very much.

There's one thing I'm really, really looking forward to....taking a step and not having to wait for my butt to catch up and stop shakin'.

Looking for mentors, accountability partners, and having fun, fun, fun till Big Daddy takes the TBird away. :P

You made me smile ~ You're funny! So what are your stats ?

Hello all of you AB FAB 50 Somethings!

I'm just starting my VSG journey -- and, like everyone else -- it's been a long time coming. If it weren't so sad, it would probably make an awesome dance. I'm callin' it the VSG BOOGIE -- Two steps forward, one step back, slide to the side, move to the back, jump through the hoops, now twist to the left, then skate to the right. Now Everybody JUMP JUMP JUMP. (Okay, so it's a work in progress, but then again, so am I. For now, it's just an interpretive dance...)

I've decided that my mental theme song for the first part of my VSG Boogie is "I like to move it, move it. I like to move it, move it...." Then again, maybe I'm just mental enough to begin with :lol:

Bette Davis once said "Getting old ain't for sissies" and BOY was she right. So, I've decided that at 56, I'm not even close to old, but I am ALMOST perfectly aged (like fine wine or cheese). No Mad Dog 2020 or Limburger for me thank you very much.

There's one thing I'm really, really looking forward to....taking a step and not having to wait for my butt to catch up and stop shakin'.

Looking for mentors, accountability partners, and having fun, fun, fun till Big Daddy takes the TBird away. :P

Well, I am 57, at goal, lost 101 lbs, in 8 mos. And HAVE wrinkles! Face and neck. Really really noticeable to me. Others say not so much but there are groves and lines now due to WL. But, hey, I am a size 8 now. Can't have everything! Lol

Healthy & Happy in a size 8 is wonderful!

Well, I am 57, at goal, lost 101 lbs, in 8 mos. And HAVE wrinkles! Face and neck. Really really noticeable to me. Others say not so much but there are groves and lines now due to WL. But, hey, I am a size 8 now. Can't have everything! Lol

You made me smile ~ You're funny! So what are your stats ?

Really truly just starting out on the sleeve journey. Decades, however, doin' the "such a pretty face" fat chick mosey....

HW 275

CW 243

BMI 41

Going for a hat trick in co-morbidities -- hypertension, arthritis, sleep apnea

Got denied for LapBand in 2006, irked the crap outta me. (All that crap still didn't make me lose much though...) So, since 07 been working on melting a few ounces while I dealt with hip replacement and spinal reconstruction. Decided maybe that denial was a blessing in disguise.

I WILL be one slinky sleevette or there will be some serious butt kickin' and name takin' -- this IS going to happen!!!

So for now, I'm working on proving to the insurance fairies that I do believe, I do believe, I do believe, have clicked my heels together 50 times so now I'm worthy of living, um I mean fully cognizant of the risks of going after this or dying early if I don't.

The hardest part? Having someone who knows absolutely nothing about me, emotionally, physically or personally decide that I haven't worked hard enough, suffered enough or can't seem to put down my fork long enough to get my soggyjunk outta the trunk or quake my booty off before I can have something done to MY body, for MY benefit and of MY own volition (that I actually have paid for through years of higher premiums and will continue to pay for)! But then again, I may be just a bit "sensitive" about "managed healthcare".....:angry:

E, Best of luck! I have the feeling now is YOUR time!