Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

does it feel different to puke after the sleeve?

lol, I'm kind of curious now that you mention it. Never would of thought to ask that one :)

Good question. sorry that I can't answer it as I have not had surgery yet, but I'm definitely interested in knowing the answer too!

Does it feel different to puke after the sleeve? The reason i ask is i am a puker in general so i just wonder about this. Is it the same or different ?

Well for me the answer is YES it is different. I do not puke from my stomach but from my chest. It is sooooo weird. I am 3 1/2 months out and it is still the same. Not sure why but I am not a through or upper...but when I do it is sooooo much easier. Just thought I would add my two cents...good luck with that!

Puke SUCKS! Hang in there sleevesmagoohowdoyoudo. Keep us updated post surgery. Good luck to you!

I puke almost every other day. I'm 32 days out, but you would think that there wasn't much in that little stomach. To me it doesn't feel any different. I am worried that I will develop on bad habit (over eating) to another one (puking). Hope it past soon. Spoke to my surgeon who backed me up to liquids for a few days to give my throat a rest. Haven;t puked in 2 days, so maybe its passing.

Well when I puked it DID feel the same as pre op. The awful nausea wave and up it came... It only happened once though. Don't get confused between real nausea and vomiting vs. eating too much and sliming and puking. That is a difference and that only happened to me when I was banded. I learned how to eat properly while banded and haven't had any of these issues post sleeve.

Well when I puked it DID feel the same as pre op. The awful nausea wave and up it came... It only happened once though. Don't get confused between real nausea and vomiting vs. eating too much and sliming and puking. That is a difference and that only happened to me when I was banded. I learned how to eat properly while banded and haven't had any of these issues post sleeve.

Have to agree with Irene -- puking does feel the same (nausea wave, then vomit) -- but overeating and then puking is completely different -- the food is still in your esophagus sometimes and it can hurt in a completely different way. I learned probably during my 1st couple of weeks, after a couple of bouts of overeating vomiting, what my "stop point" was (wave of nausea and then a hiccup) -- and then I don't eat anymore -- it's important to know where your stop point is because then you will be vomiting from overeating all the time.

I get really bad Migraines, and with them the whole nausea vomiting thing. That is completely different than over eating vomiting thing. Like Irene said, when you over eat, it sits like a brick in your throat until you kind of like burp it up with lots of saliva. At least that is how it works in my body. I haven't done it since I had my band removed and my sleeve done, kind of learned from experience. Do not like it and do not want to ever do it AGAIN!!!

I am 4 months out and have yet to experience a stomach bug or anything like that, thank God I have healthy kids! We just pass around runny noses! We have really bad allergies, which cause a whole other issue when eating!

Hope this helps!

Patti

I got the flu last week and puking is the same as before surgery. Yuck!

knock on wood, I haven't puked in the past 14 months! so I am interested in this topic too. . .but of course it depends on each of us individually. . .we will all puke differently when we do I guess. . . guess i'll find out whats its like when i do huh????:P

I am knocking with you, I haven't puked yet either. Once I tried to drink too soon after eating and it basically never made it all the way down - I don't consider that puking, it was almost like spitting it out, ie. like it never even left my mouth. That was about 1 month out, and I have never had it again.

Admitted, I am not a puker (btw, LOL at "through or upper" - I had to read that 5 times before I understood it was supposed to be "thrower upper" as in throw up) and I am "Vomit free since 93" or something like that :-)