Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My mushy meal

genepha
Sign in to follow this  

I officially started mushies on Feb 17 - 10 days after surgery. My weightloss has stalled and I'm sure it's due to going off liquids only and adding in carbs. I expected it and I'm okay with it. Next week I'm allowed to go back to the gym to start cardio. I've been walking everyday and have worked up to 1 mile. To give an idea of what a mushy plan looks like here is my food so far:

Bfast 1/2 a pre-made GNC Protein Shake

snack 1 graham cracker with about 1/4 tsp of Peanut Butter

lunch 1 piece of thinly sliced turkey, about 4 spoonfuls of chicken and veg Soup (no vegs) and 2 spoons of mashed potatoes

Snack (will be) 1/4 bottle of Isopure, 1/2 pudding blended w Protein Powder

dinner (will be) 3 oz of leftover soup, 2-3 tsp of potato

Snack LF string cheese

I'm trying to get in enough Protein but I'm falling short so I'm going to start adding yogurt and/or cottage cheese for meals or Snacks.< /p>

That's a lot of food in one day, are you sure your not overdoing it? My restriction is really good and I couldn't eat a graham cracker with Peanut Butter in one sitting at 10 days out. maybe half that. I could eat that now, but be full after. Even when I measure out 4 oz's of food I can only eat about half before I am full. I had brown rice for lunch today, four bites, chewed for a long time and I was full. I eat about one oz of food and feel full, are you feeling full? It is hard to get 800 calories in a day because I only get in a couple bites before I feel full. Maybe mine is too tight, but I don't feel uncomfortable or hungry, or bad. Wow that makes me worried about myself, if you can get that much in at 10days out! I can't do that and it's been a more than a month!

I officially started mushies on Feb 17 - 10 days after surgery. My weightloss has stalled and I'm sure it's due to going off liquids only and adding in carbs. I expected it and I'm okay with it. Next week I'm allowed to go back to the gym to start cardio. I've been walking everyday and have worked up to 1 mile. To give an idea of what a mushy plan looks like here is my food so far:

Bfast 1/2 a pre-made GNC Protein shake

snack 1 graham cracker with about 1/4 tsp of Peanut Butter

lunch 1 piece of thinly sliced turkey, about 4 spoonfuls of chicken and veg Soup (no vegs) and 2 spoons of mashed potatoes

Snack (will be) 1/4 bottle of Isopure, 1/2 pudding blended w Protein Powder

dinner (will be) 3 oz of leftover soup, 2-3 tsp of potato

Snack LF string cheese

I'm trying to get in enough Protein but I'm falling short so I'm going to start adding yogurt and/or cottage cheese for meals or Snacks.

Melanie

I'm not 10 days out. I was just saying that I started mushies at 10 days out. I don't eat much "solid" food yet so I think that's why I'm able to eat about 2-3 oz at a time. I'm supposed to eat every 2-3 hours which feels like I'm eating all the time! I'm not allowed to eat rice until like 4 months out as it really expands in the tummy. I just started eating a graham cracker and Peanut Butter and find it pretty thick still. I chew and chew it but it is a great snack!

Ooooh, that explains a lot. Hey thanks for the tip about rice, Today was my second time having rice, good to know. I was like freaking out thinking there was something wrong with ME!! haha Have you seen a nutritionist, my surgeon suggested that I find one, but I have just been winging it. Probably not the best plan. You seem really very organized. I am not organized at all, I know I should get like 40 grams of Protein in and stay at about 800 - 1000 calories and burn about 500 calories a day, but I don't know if that is even right. Well your doing great!

Melanie

I'm not 10 days out. I was just saying that I started mushies at 10 days out. I don't eat much "solid" food yet so I think that's why I'm able to eat about 2-3 oz at a time. I'm supposed to eat every 2-3 hours which feels like I'm eating all the time! I'm not allowed to eat rice until like 4 months out as it really expands in the tummy. I just started eating a graham cracker and Peanut Butter and find it pretty thick still. I chew and chew it but it is a great snack!

Ooooh, that explains a lot. Hey thanks for the tip about rice, Today was my second time having rice, good to know. I was like freaking out thinking there was something wrong with ME!! haha Have you seen a nutritionist, my surgeon suggested that I find one, but I have just been winging it. Probably not the best plan. You seem really very organized. I am not organized at all, I know I should get like 40 grams of Protein in and stay at about 800 - 1000 calories and burn about 500 calories a day, but I don't know if that is even right. Well your doing great!

Hi Melanie,

Remember this is my second WLS. I had the lapband for almost 10 years so I have lots of experience with NUTs and food requirements and eating plans, etc. However, this is my first plication so I'm still learning too! rolleyes.gif

My dr. gave me a folder with all kinds of great info including an eating plan. I also went to a pre-op class and a post-op class. I thought they were going to be a waste of my time, but I actually learned a few things so I'm glad I went.

My experience with the band was very different than my plication experience. When I was first banded I experienced lots of hunger, almost immediately after surgery which freaked me out. So far, I've had more of an "empty" feeling, not really hunger. I do take a PPI twice daily and I think that's helping. Head hunger is still a problem. Luckily for me, my hubby is dieting right now and that is really helping me!! He wants to lose like 30 pounds which he will do by April as we have a big convention to go to in Las Vegas!! He's not really overweight and his weight fluctuates but not more than 10-25ish pounds. He is the heaviest he's been because he was trying to keep up with me before my surgery!!! tongue.gif

I can send you what my surgeon recommends at this stage if you'd like. It's basically 60-80 grams of Protein, 64 oz. of Fluid, eat protein first, seafood, and moist poultry are allowed at 3 weeks. Rice, vegetables and fruits aren't recommended until 12 weeks after surgery.

Hope this helps!

genepha

wow, I am eating veggies and fruit everyday, salads and bannanas and apples, not whole but pieces...yes please send me what you got, I would love that. Thanks!

Hi Melanie,

Remember this is my second WLS. I had the lapband for almost 10 years so I have lots of experience with NUTs and food requirements and eating plans, etc. However, this is my first plication so I'm still learning too! rolleyes.gif

My dr. gave me a folder with all kinds of great info including an eating plan. I also went to a pre-op class and a post-op class. I thought they were going to be a waste of my time, but I actually learned a few things so I'm glad I went.

My experience with the band was very different than my plication experience. When I was first banded I experienced lots of hunger, almost immediately after surgery which freaked me out. So far, I've had more of an "empty" feeling, not really hunger. I do take a PPI twice daily and I think that's helping. Head hunger is still a problem. Luckily for me, my hubby is dieting right now and that is really helping me!! He wants to lose like 30 pounds which he will do by April as we have a big convention to go to in Las Vegas!! He's not really overweight and his weight fluctuates but not more than 10-25ish pounds. He is the heaviest he's been because he was trying to keep up with me before my surgery!!! tongue.gif

I can send you what my surgeon recommends at this stage if you'd like. It's basically 60-80 grams of Protein, 64 oz. of Fluid, eat Protein first, seafood, and moist poultry are allowed at 3 weeks. Rice, vegetables and fruits aren't recommended until 12 weeks after surgery.

Hope this helps!

genepha

wow, I am eating veggies and fruit everyday, salads and bannanas and apples, not whole but pieces...yes please send me what you got, I would love that. Thanks!

Hey melanie!

Do you remember what day post op you tried salads? I am craving one but scared to try.

for you guys having a hard time with Proteins check out New whey, its a super delicious sugar free Protein shot that comes in fruit flavors. It is sold at GNC or online. I mix it with my crystal light or sf hawaiian punch powders it has been a lifesaver in these first 2 weeks post-op, now i have no problem at all getting my Protein in!

http://www.newwhey.com/