Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Introducing Jess... just Jess!

ok... so, it's done! surgery was at 10:45 am Friday, April 15th. I am home now......... recovering! everything went well... doc told my husband it was "textbook" - so i'd say that is good. he was even able to go into all my old incisions from lapband surgery - the "scars" look good... but my tummy is still distended. frown.gif

my hubby took lots of pics of me getting ready, etc. that i will share a bit later. i want him to take some of my scars too so i monitor how they are healing.

my only complaint thus far is HEADACHE. i have a chronic headache. i have been taking tylenol liquid more frequently than the liquid narcotic. but both taste absolutely disgusting.

i will say it is REALLY hard to get in 3-4 oz. in per half hour... i am super TYPE A - so i, of course, made a check list of times to tick off as i drank. i hope and pray i stay hydrated... but it is NOT easy!!!!!!!!!!!! is anyone else having difficulties with nausea? i had to get anti-nausea meds in the hospital like 4 times and have been working on my deep breathing to help here at home. i have also been feeling the need to "cough" something up. but it hurts like hell.

i am now just trying to SIP, SIP, SIP... everyone says how it's important to remember that... but omg - it's SO hard!!!!!!!!!! who would've trhought that 3 oz. every 30 min. would be difficult!!!!!!!!!!

ok... so, it's done! surgery was at 10:45 am Friday, April 15th. I am home now......... recovering! everything went well... doc told my husband it was "textbook" - so i'd say that is good. he was even able to go into all my old incisions from lapband surgery - the "scars" look good... but my tummy is still distended. frown.gif

my hubby took lots of pics of me getting ready, etc. that i will share a bit later. i want him to take some of my scars too so i monitor how they are healing.

my only complaint thus far is HEADACHE. i have a chronic headache. i have been taking tylenol liquid more frequently than the liquid narcotic. but both taste absolutely disgusting.

i will say it is REALLY hard to get in 3-4 oz. in per half hour... i am super TYPE A - so i, of course, made a check list of times to tick off as i drank. i hope and pray i stay hydrated... but it is NOT easy!!!!!!!!!!!! is anyone else having difficulties with nausea? i had to get anti-nausea meds in the hospital like 4 times and have been working on my deep breathing to help here at home. i have also been feeling the need to "cough" something up. but it hurts like hell.

i am now just trying to SIP, SIP, SIP... everyone says how it's important to remember that... but omg - it's SO hard!!!!!!!!!! who would've trhought that 3 oz. every 30 min. would be difficult!!!!!!!!!!

WHOOHOOOOOO!!!! Welcome to sleeve land!!!

Everything you mentioned is very classic and normal. I pretty much had every single one of those issues you are going through right now. Just try to Rest Sip and Walk as much as you can. It gets easier and less painful every single day... hugs and if you need any support let me know. :)

I'M SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!

Congratulations Jess!

At almost 2 months out I am still amazed at how 2 or 3 tablespoons totally fills me up. Your type A personality will do great at using your sleeve as a tool. Within a few weeks you will feel so much better and be able to drink more. Now I can actually get down the required amount of Water but I am still using Protein shakes to get all my Protein since I am not hungry and can't eat that much yet.

I know for a fact that you will be a ROCK STAR at using your sleeve.

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. I'm from WV so I'm within driving distance of you guys. Please keep us posted on your progress. I'm looking at late June/early July so u want to read everything I can!

Congrats! And welcome to the losers side. Check with your dr. because I was able to take the chewable kids tylonel. Tastes sooo much better. It's great you are able to get all your fluids ( even if it's hard). Try warm liquids. I was able to get chicken broth down much easier than cold, making it easier to get liquids in. Keep sipping and walking. It really does get easier each day

hi all! i am here with my first concern since being sleeved............

when on stage 2-3, did anyone feel they could eat more than 4 oz. at one time???

i am hopeful that it is just bc they are mushies and not solid food - but i'm concerned that i take down 4 oz. VERY easily. i do not rush, def. take my time, but i do not feel uncomfortable at the end of 4 oz. i am NOT experimenting and taking more in - but i'm concerned that i think i could.

i have a complex about failure --- being i had the band and lost 100lbs. with it, then gained 100 lbs. without it. soooooooooo, i'm desperately praying that THIS is it for me. i'm nervous that so many people said they could only have a couple bites of eggs... i ate 4 oz. scrambled egg beaters - NO problem. then there are those who said they can only do 1 oz. cottage cheese??? i can do 3 oz. mixed with Jello for a total of 4 oz. NO problem. i also have had 4 oz. turkey pureed with gravy - no issues.

is there something wrong???? please help!

It could be that you were given a slightly larger stomach than some others. Maybe you can ask your surgeon and express your concerns. I have heard a lot of ranges of capacity, so your 4 oz doesn't sound too bad. Good idea on just sticking with the 4 oz. Very likely you will feel more restriction once you start getting into solids.