Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Introducing Jess... just Jess!

Hello everyone,

biggrin.gif It's "Just Jess" from Maryland... I am here to learn as much as I can about the sleeve. Here is the scoop on me:

In 2008, I had the lapband put into place... I lost about 100 lbs. bringing me to my lowest adult weight of 207 lbs.... Unfortunately, I had an esophageal dilatation in the summer of 2008, so they unfilled me completely and I had to wait it out - turns out the band had to be removed frown.gif ... I went through a little while of "mourning" - and even more unfortunately - GAINING. frown.gif Currently, I am almost to my highest recorded weight, which makes me sick. For the last year, I've attended therapy through an eating disorders clinic in Baltimore. I was diagnosed with depression, anxiety, and "disordered eating". I currently still see my psychiatrist, psychotherapist, and nutritionist... I just began seeing an exercise physiologist as well. I hope to make it PERMANENT this time!!!

I am looking for THE TRUTH... don't sugar coat anything - I want to know the good, the bad, and the "you wouldn't know it if you weren't sleeved" (please?)

Thanks for letting me introduce myself! I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Hi Jess. I just got the sleeve done 2weeks ago today. I live in No. Va. so I'm not to far from you. I've been one of the lucky ones as I've no complications. I had it done in costa rica on a Tuesday. Wed I was out of the hospital. I took no pain pills after Thursday, then took a flt home on Sunday. I had taken an extra 3 days off but I really didn't need it. Provided I don't lift anything I'm feeling fantastic and I've already lost 20 pounds.

Do you research to be comfortable with your decision. I'm hear if you have specific questions on the early stages.

Hey Jess! Since I've already shared my story with you - I just wanted to shout out a hello!! Looking forward to following your new journey!!! :D

Well welcome just jess.. It is a pleasure to meet you.. I was sleeved on the 1st of February. I have no regret jess and I am going to completely honest with you. When or if you have this surgery I am not going to tell you that you will not be in pain or have nausea. I will tell you that it is very temporary and after all this passes you will be a happier person. I will tell you that you truely need to do this for yourself and no one else. My spouse told me before I went in that she was going to support me but my decesion to have this was totally on me. I really do respect her for that. I will tell you the only down side to the surgery is that when they remove you stomach it is permanent. Would I do it again.. Yes I would do it 100 times over. I know this is for my health and I am on a journey of the new me.. I have only one regret. I wish I could have done it sooner...

Hi Jess. I just got the sleeve done 2weeks ago today. I live in No. Va. so I'm not to far from you. I've been one of the lucky ones as I've no complications. I had it done in costa rica on a Tuesday. Wed I was out of the hospital. I took no pain pills after Thursday, then took a flt home on Sunday. I had taken an extra 3 days off but I really didn't need it. Provided I don't lift anything I'm feeling fantastic and I've already lost 20 pounds. Do you research to be comfortable with your decision. I'm hear if you have specific questions on the early stages.

Howdy almost neighbor! Maybe once I get this thing, we could meet half way sometime for drinks and/or dinner and talk more about our journeys. When I had the lapband I met a group of 6 wonderful people on another support group and we were from different parts of MD, DC, and VA... we used to meet in Crystal City or Alexandria -- it was SO wonderful sitting and chatting with people who REALLY understood!!!

Thank you for sharing your story! Best wishes to you! I look forward to getting to know you better.

Hey Jess! Since I've already shared my story with you - I just wanted to shout out a hello!! Looking forward to following your new journey!!! :D

Hey girl!!! :) Thanks for looking out! ;) hugs!

Well welcome just jess.. It is a pleasure to meet you.. I was sleeved on the 1st of February. I have no regret jess and I am going to completely honest with you. When or if you have this surgery I am not going to tell you that you will not be in pain or have nausea. I will tell you that it is very temporary and after all this passes you will be a happier person. I will tell you that you truely need to do this for yourself and no one else. My spouse told me before I went in that she was going to support me but my decesion to have this was totally on me. I really do respect her for that. I will tell you the only down side to the surgery is that when they remove you stomach it is permanent. Would I do it again.. Yes I would do it 100 times over. I know this is for my health and I am on a journey of the new me.. I have only one regret. I wish I could have done it sooner...

Thank you very much for the honest and detailed post!!!! ps - love the name!

hey all, EXCITING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOST 3.6 inches in THREE WEEKS of working out!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOP! WOOP! So excited!!! I met with my exercise psychologist today and got measured. After working 2.5 hours with a personal trainer last Saturday, I bet that's where most of it came from! hahaha --- AND I hope to start aqua aerobics next month, too!!! WOOP!

More good news: went to the doc Wednesday and learned that I AM APPROVED FOR SURGERY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I made up my mind and talked to all the right people about all the questions I had... and I'M IN!!!! Looking forward to getting my call with a date... hoping for spring break or early summer! SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Jess!

I'm Jes too! I'm from Baltimore. And, I was sleeved on December 20th.

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE my sleeve!

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery. If you need anything JUST ASK!

hey all, EXCITING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOST 3.6 inches in THREE WEEKS of working out!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOP! WOOP! So excited!!! I met with my exercise psychologist today and got measured. After working 2.5 hours with a personal trainer last Saturday, I bet that's where most of it came from! hahaha --- AND I hope to start aqua aerobics next month, too!!! WOOP!

More good news: went to the doc Wednesday and learned that I AM APPROVED FOR SURGERY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I made up my mind and talked to all the right people about all the questions I had... and I'M IN!!!! Looking forward to getting my call with a date... hoping for spring break or early summer! SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm excited *for* you!! The time's going to fly by... and BIG WOWS on your workouts and inches lost!!!! Congrats girlie!!!!

Hi Jess! I'm Jes too! I'm from Baltimore. And, I was sleeved on December 20th. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE my sleeve! Congratulations on your upcoming surgery. If you need anything JUST ASK!

hi there!!! whereabouts in baltimore are you? i live in annapolis, actually, but my doc is in catonsville (Dr. vonReuden). which surgeon did you use? i am SO happy to have a close by friend!!! maybe we can meet up sometime and i can pick your brain about everything!! ;)

I'm excited *for* you!! The time's going to fly by... and BIG WOWS on your workouts and inches lost!!!! Congrats girlie!!!!

Thanks girl!!!! :) :) :)

Welcome!!! So glad you are here. You will love the sleeve. It is sooo much better than the band! :D

Hi Jess! I'm Jes too! I'm from Baltimore.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE your signature, btw!!!!

Welcome!!! So glad you are here. You will love the sleeve. It is sooo much better than the band! :D

thanks!!!

Hi Jess,

I am usually a lurker and followed you on a different site for 3 years. Like you I lost a lot of weight at first with my band and then all fill out, more fill in over and over again. Well on 02/22/2011 I had revision surgery with Dr Aceves. Between this site and the one on OH I read every question even though sometimes it was the same one over and over. So scared but now that it is done and I am back home as of yesterday I am totally surprised. I took the worst of everything I read and decided if I could live with the pain, puke, gas and even a leak then I was willing to go forward. Well, no puke, very little pain and so far no leak. It went surprising well, and even flew 3 days out back from San Diego to Florida.

Even though I am tired today I am so glad it's done. Having a really hard time getting all the Fluid and Protein in but other than that i fell really good. Actually better than when I was banded. It took 1 1/2 hours in surgery to remove my band and to do the sleeve. Only difference I can think of is this HUGE bruise on my belly.

Good luck and REALLY, REALLY look forward to all of your stories about your journey and your life, you are a really great writer.

Karen

karen - thanks for coming out of the shadows and saying hello!!! :) are you a fellow b2g friend? CONGRATS on your success thus far! please keep me posted as to your progress!!!!!!!!!!!

to all:

I GOT MY DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i will be sleeved on April 15th!! WOOP! WOOP!

Congratulations Jess! What a difference between the band and the sleeve. I think the sleeve is what I thought the band would be, other than it isn't adjustable. Why I wanted it adjustable I will never know. Good Luck to you!