Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Baby food during pureed stage?

I didn't use baby food but I took Soup like vegtable soap and put in a food processor..I know it sound really gross but it works..It is actuallly good . Last week I took beef stew - the potatoes and put it in food processor and added salt and pepper to it . It was really a whole lot better than clear liquids.. I just don't think I could do the baby food thing..I would rather go hungry..

I had babyfood, mainly the poultry & meats for Protein, on hand & ate it several times with salt & pepper.

I'm mostly sticking with canned tuna and canned chicken and blend it. I make tuna salad or chicken salad. Use about a tbsp of fat free mayo (I like the lowfat mayo with olive oil), and seasoning. I've also blended some brocolli florets, and used the laughing cow wedges and melted them over the broccolli. It doesn't look good, but it tastes really good. I'm addicted to those laughing light cow cheeses!

I looked at the baby food when I was getting ready for the pureed stage. I did not find anything that had a lot of Protein in it so I stuck with scrambled eggs with cheese, mashed potatoes with cheese. We were not allowed meat until we got to the soft food stage after 4 weeks.

give me a food processor and I'm good.. :D any way you wonder why all those baby spits that nasty crap out...lol

I just ate baby food (chicken). I admit I really like meat baby food, so it was great and I managed to eat the whole jar (80 grams). I did warm it before though. No idea what this cooking technique is called in English, anyway I put some Water in a pan, then the jar of baby food in the water without the lid and heat the water. It becomes soft and luke warm, I put some of the mashed potato in it and I can eat it all. Amazing. I love it.

I wanted to say thank you for sharing your recipe. I got my surgery on the 21st and will visit my doctor on thursday and will be on my mushed phase next. Im confused as to what i can eat so your advice sounded really good. thank you for sharing...how are you doing? Good luck!! :D

I just ate baby food (chicken). I admit I really like meat baby food, so it was great and I managed to eat the whole jar (80 grams). I did warm it before though. No idea what this cooking technique is called in English, anyway I put some Water in a pan, then the jar of baby food in the Water without the lid and heat the water. It becomes soft and luke warm, I put some of the mashed potato in it and I can eat it all. Amazing. I love it.

I started the pureed stage yesterday. I boiled some eggs and put them in the food chopper added a little Miracle Whip, did the same thing with deli shaved ham (though it may not work for me- doesn't look very tasty). Last night I made chili and put 1/2 cup in the chopper and added a little extra broth, ate it with a little Fage 2%. Looked pretty nasty but tasted just like the real thing!! Putting a roast in the crockpot today, tonight I'll pureed my serving. Luckily next Wednesday I move on from pureed to mushies!!!

i start on purees Wednesday. I can't wait because i am sick of liquid! thank you ladies for all the recipe ideas!