Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, the first question I asked my doctor was, "When can I have sex?" Before surgery I had a pretty active, and regular sex life, and now that I'm 7 days out, I think that enough time has passed and I don't see why I shouldn't be going back to my regular life. I have some incision pain but it's mininal. I stopped taking pain meds 4 days ago. My doctor said that as long as I don't have pain, and I don't do anything that will hurt that there's no reason why I can't have sex. Granted, there will be no swinging from the chandeliers or anything, but with some creativity I think I'm ready. My girl on the other hand, thinks I'm going to break and is totally against it. She's all, it's too soon. You just had surgery last week and you're not ready. Trust me, EVERY part of me except the incision on my navel is ready! Even with a doctor's note she's not trying to hear it.

If this is a TMI question, I understand, but how long did you wait?

We waited a week and then was just careful. Though I do have to say that I almost passed out after getting off the bed. Either from blood rushing to other parts of my body or because lack of nutrients I'm not sure. But it was a very close call. Was much better after laying down again. Oh and I left a tshirt on cause my bf didn't really want to see my incisions and get out of the mood or worry about hurting me.

LoL never to much info after all we are all adults right? If you feel you are up to it and your doctor has cleared you then go for it!! Maybe try a regular position the first couple of times so you can control what pressure if any touches your stomach. If your girlfriend is freaked out with the idea of having sex with you this soon after surgery then try other things "you know what I'm talking about" It's always a good place to start and over a few days who knows she maybe begging you for it. Congrats on feeling so well just take it easy at first you don't want to hurt yourself!!

Well certainly they would frown on sex in the recovery room :rolleyes:

Ba-Da-Dum-TISH!

Whenever you feel up too it. Be sure not to strain or take too much of your partners weight though.

Haha, this is one of the first questions I asked my doc (that, and "when can I have a margarita") I wasn't feeling up to it for about 2 weeks, mostly because I was so nauseous all the time. If you're feeling good and off your meds though, there's no reason why not!

I understand your girl being worried-- maybe have her be on top so she doesn't feel like you're putting in too much work and she has better control if she thinks you need to slow down or something.

And for the record-- once the weight starts coming off, the sex is going to get AWESOME! good luck ;)

Great question! I was wondering this myself. My doc. said no sex, but never said how long > I have a follow up this Tuesday and was going to ask. I feel fine, and my hubby sure misses it! But I was scared - our first Valentine's Day just cuddling :/ Hopefully we'll make up for after the appt!!!! ;)

I felt great and was ready at 6-7 days but my husband was so nervous about hurting me we waited 10 and he was extraordinarily gentle. Here it is 3 months out and much less belly later and it's awesome! Have fun!

I'd wait till you left the hospital but other than that go for it!

The recommendation is 6 weeks. That is due to risk of the suture line rupturing from the weight/force/pressure of your partner and the act. Now, with that said, I was beating my hubby off with a 2X4 at two weeks out and finally caved at 3. I would surely wait until your sutures fully heal up. It's no fun having to get your busted sutures re-sewn. Now, if you topping, then, just watch your thrusting velocity and I think you'll be fine.

We waited a week.......my husband was really careful, he was scared he'd hurt me. I had to say, that the second time, the largest incision did oooze a little, but no big deal. Don't strain, be careful and go for it. Like someone said earlier....the more weight that comes off, the better "it" gets! :)

6 weeks? No way! You are the first person I've heard being told to wait that long.

In the end we waited 10 days. I still don't have as much energy as I did, but that's because I can't get the drinking and Protein thing down to a science yet, but we're still modifying things a bit. So far, so great!:D

In the end we waited 10 days. I still don't have as much energy as I did, but that's because I can't get the drinking and Protein thing down to a science yet, but we're still modifying things a bit. So far, so great!:D

Oh, it'll come, no wait, that's not the right word . . . awww geez . . . :embaressed_smile: