Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Michigan Sleevers

So far, so good! My weight loss has been pretty "slow" compared to others, but Dr. Kemmeter thinks it's because I'm getting too few calories (seems crazy, right?). But I'm killing myself at the gym 5-6 days per week and my calories are barely getting over 700 most days. He says with that combination (getting a "net" of only 100-200 calories per day) is hurting my weight loss more than helping it. So he advised to dial down the intensity at the gym and bulk up on the calories.

How about you? How are you doing?

Doing real well. Making sure to get my Protein and trying to keep pushing Water. I am losing weight so I can't complain. I think I have lost about 70lbs so far.

Edited by gloiristk

Just hit 125.8 today ... Almost 100 pounds. Want some wiggle room. Dr Gluck's goal was 130 but he told me at 1 year out that was just a number! Started at 225.514 months ago!

Glad to be an "official" member of the Michigan Sleevers Group. See post below. Getting used to this iPhone app and not as adept as I will be. ;)

Edited by lswelk

I was sleeved 1-15-14, by Dr Foote of GHP Grand Rapids....so a week and s half ago. Feeling good. No nausea, no more gas pains. Have ridden my recumbent bike for 2 days straight 20 & 25 minutes respectively. Woo Hoo. Got a streak going. ;).

Have not weighed myself in a couple days, but the last time I did had lost 8lbs since surgery, yielding a total of 35 lbs since I started dieting 6 months prior to insurance approval. Seems to be coming off faster now. Have not been hungry. Been conscientious about Protein and liquid consumption.

The only sense I have of the surgery is the feeling of a band around my torso between waist and chest. I imagine that will go away eventually.

Edited by lswelk

If any of the Grand Health Partner patients are Facebook users and are interested, we have a closed facebook page consisting of GHP patients with various surgeries and varing periods of time post op. Check us out at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ghpsupport/

Hi Paul!! Hope you are doing well!!! I'm finaly below goal and trying to maintain and not lose any more. What kinds of things are you doing???

Hi Paul!! Hope you are doing well!!! I'm finaly below goal and trying to maintain and not lose any more. What kinds of things are you doing???

Hi Carol! Great to hear from you. Congratulations on getting to goal, that is awesome! I am just holding tight waiting for this ridiculous winter to end, staying as active as I can between the gym and home weight room. I just pasted 3 years post op at the beginning of the month. Labs are great and I've maintained a total lost of 306lbs with a maintenance range of between 185 and 190 for almost 2 years now. When I started this process at nearly 500lbs I would not have believed for a second I would have ever gotten to the weight I am now. I am fully convinced this process has given me a new lease on life.

Continued success on your journey!

I'm so elated as I'm finally in Onderland!

HW 282

SW 266

CW 197

Date 4/22

Only 30 to reach goal!

How is recall of you surviving the cold and snow?? Exercising? I'm trying to maintain and not lose more weight at this point!

Hello everyone!! Has anybody had their surgery done by Dr Poplawski? I'm scheduled for March 12th and I'm getting extremely nervous!!

Doc Pop was my surgeon. Awesome work!!!

Hi auntmissa1, glad to meet someone who has the same surgeon!! Did he make you do the pre-op diet?

No pre-op diet. Just Clear Liquids only for 24 hrs before surgery.