Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Michigan Sleevers

How are you recovering? How did you like having your surgery at Saints? How was your first couple of days post surgery? I'm getting excited AND nervous!! But the good kind of nervous!

Any Michigan Sleevers getting sleeved in November? I'm set to be sleeved Nov 21st at St. Mary's in Grand Rapids by Dr. Kemmeter. Any other GHP patients that can relate the 2 wk diet? I know so many people are on a 2 wk liquid only diet and I know GHP doesn't do that so I wanted to get some tips from people who might be able to relate! I am on day 3 of mine and feel like I have been starving 24/7 but have only dropped a couple of pounds. Am I going to lose enough for surgery? Do they make you lose a certain amount? I know on the paperwork I received it says if I "maintain or gain weight" by surgery day that the surgery will be cancelled...

I had a sleeve with Dr. Baker at GHP Jan 10, 2011. Just stick with the 2 week diet and you'll be fine. The important part is to show that you can stick to a meal plan. You will lose weight but it's secondary to being able to show that you can still stick with the program. GHP is outstanding, can't say enough great things about them. Best of luck to you.

Hi, I'm from Quincy , SW Michigan , by the Indiana border, I had my surgery done in Ypsilanti in September by Dr. Poplowski. Anyone out there ?

Hi, I'm from Quincy , SW Michigan , by the Indiana border, I had my surgery done in Ypsilanti in September by Dr. Poplowski. Anyone out there ?

. I was sleeved by Doc Pop in April. He does amazing work. No gas, no complications. :-)

I'm from Jackson but was sleeved in Muskegon. My daughter lives there and I went to the same surgeon that did her sleeve. I'm 13 months out and actually below goal now.

<p>I'm from Jackson but was sleeved in Muskegon. My daughter lives there and I went to the same surgeon that did her sleeve. I'm 13 months out and actually below goal now.</p>

Awesome and congratulations ! I partially grew up in Jackson.

New here. I live in spring lake (mi obviously heh) and I'm getting sleeved by Dr. Gluck in Muskegon on February 19. I can't wait!!

I haven't seen anyone on here that went to the same surgeon as me. If you are still looking, Dr. Mark Pleatman is a very very good surgeon. Had my VSG May 28, 2013 @ St. Joseph Mercy of Pontiac. I am 7.5 months out and down 95 pounds! Only 10 more to go!

I was sleeved Nov 21 by Dr. Kemmeter with Grand Health Partners in Grand Rapids. I think he is a great surgeon and would recommend him to anyone!!

I was sleeved 10-21-13 also by Kemmeter. I would also highly recommend him to others. I went through GHP. I go see him again on the 6th to see how things are going.

Sorry I didn't respond to previous post. I didn't see it until just now. My phone was going through some stuff and acting crazy for a bit. I apologize. How are things going for you?