Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

getting really frustrated.

I am getting so frustrated with everything these past few days. I've gained 3 pounds... how is this possible? I feel like i've been banned from everything, yet i'm still gaining weight. It makes me wanna just eat whatever I want. I'm only 3 weeks out... isn't this when i'm supposed to be losing the most weight?

I'm 19 years old, and really mature for my age, but it's times like this when it makes me afraid that I was too young to have such a lifechanging surgery. I think i'm just super down tonight. Does this surgery play with our emotions?

Hi Brielle! Big big hugs :)

Listen, the first month or so, your body is adjusting to its new tummy -- it's still healing, you might still be swollen. And, a lot of people (including me) have had stalls around the 3rd week or so. Not a biggie. Stalls happen -- it's our body's way of adjusting to the fast weight loss -- most human beings lose weight in kind of a stair step way. Lose, stay the same, lose, stay the same.

So, that said, I don't think you had the surgery at too young an age -- I think you're just going through the normal process that most of us have gone through.

Keep on doing the good work with the food -- that's the most important thing -- we all need to change our approach to food and exercise -- if we can do that, then we WILL definitely lose the weight :) The sleeve is just a tool that makes it easier to do that :)

Hang in there!! I'm rooting for you!! I KNOW you'll make it! :)

Brielle, You are doing what MOST of us do...stall around the 3rd week! You body is getting use to the baby tummy you have now. You went from a lot of food to hardly no food. For me I was really bummed and I to put it out here for help. There wisdom did HELP!! Also, I started trying on clothes and was AMAZED that the ones that use to be TIGHT were getting LOOSE! How can that be?? I was losing INCHES but not pounds! Like I just wrote on another blog. I stalled at 3 weeks...I've only lost 3 pounds in the last two weeks. I'm out 5 weeks today. I'm still a little miffed on how my body is working but I'm putting on Pants that when I was 15 pounds lighter they were too tight back then but the fit now. I was going up and down so I had to STOP weighing everyday and ONLY WEIGH ONCE A WEEK! It is SO MUCH MORE CALMING at least for me. I was stressing OUT because I wanted the scale to go down everyday but it didn't and then I would get DOWN.

You body was put through alot so there are some people that have depression or emotional let downs after being put to sleep. Give your body time to heal and you will be just fine!! You took your life under control and that is a GOOD THING!! No body is too young to get HEALTHY!!

GOOD LUCK you will do just fine!!! I'm PROUD OF YOU for taking charge of your life! I wish I would have done this YEARS AGO!!!

Brielle - I know exactly how you feel. I am almost 3 weeks postop and I haven't lost any weight in the last two week. It is very frustrating. I am trying hard not to get on the scale everyday but it is really hard because I think that the weight will just melt away. Thankfully, as several people responded, this is something I believe everyone goes through. At least we can take comfort in the fact that we are not alone.

Brielle, stalls are present for all of us, there is nothing you are doing wrong, I stalled at week 3 for 2 weeks straight, matter of fact I came on here share the despair, with this surgery the only way is down but your body is adjusting be kind and patient to it, a lot of it is also mental, seriously, don't beat yourself up I wanna hear from you a year down the road I bet you are going to feel better than you ever did, being young you have lots of advantages too so something to smile about, again we have all stalled and for myself I know there are stalls ahead it's part of the journey. Don't get caught up also in losing fast, too much too fast is not good either. welldoneclap.gif

Hang in there, I too hit the dreaded 3 week stall, gained 2 or so lbs, and got stuck for EIGHT DAYS! Omg. I was so extremely frustrated and cried more that once. I checked this website every day for tips and even called my nutritionist. And ya know, all though all of that was supposed to make me feel better, I think that by the time I was done soliciting all the advice, my body was ready to lose again!

Since that time, I have gone down about 20 lbs. And it just seems to be falling off. My best advice is stay positive, stay active, and keep up your Water and Protein and vitamins! You WILL succeed!

hugs to you!

Its always good to know that you are not alone in your struggle. I am 8 days out and was a little disappointed yesterday when I recorded my 1 week weight loss as 8.4 lbs. When you hear others have double digit numbers my thought was WTH. That was only for a moment. I then realized 8lbs was an achievement not to be dismissed. I look at it like this: it will come off.

thanks for everyone's post on here... I am 5 weeks out and hit my stall.... so dang frustrating cause I expect it to fall off. I am going to the gym and doing cardio stuff and I thought that this would aid the weight loss and then it stopped and I am fluctuating with 3 lbs... but I gotta keep being positive thanks again