Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I opened my vehicle door and there sat my Valentine's card and present from my husband. He gave me a Heart Shape box of Candy....I thought HE KNOWS I CAN'T eat CHOCOLATE!!! I opened the box and all the chocolate was GONE but in the middle of the box was 1 small heart shape hard candy that said I LOVE YOU! It made me laugh so much! Then I read the card and cried...it was the SWEETEST CARD I've EVER GOTTEN!!!

Since I've been SLEEVED and that was only 5 weeks tomorrow I've noticed a BIG BIG BIG CHANGE in my husband. He is starting to show me more attention! If I mention something...and I mean just say Oh I need to go do this...HE DOES IT FOR ME! At first I just thought I was imagining things but then my daughter noticed too! He EVEN went to Church with me this past Sunday and took us out for lunch and NEVER complained!

I told him we need a work out room for all our equipment....today a new 14 X 24 Building came! Now don't get me wrong my daughters have been asking this for MONTHS..YEARS...I just finally told him last week and he ordered it! THIS NEVER HAPPENED IN THE PAST.. he would do what the girls wanted not what I wanted! I'm just in SHOCK I mean WHAT THE HECK is going ON?!?

So I opened my vehicle door and there sat my Valentine's card and present from my husband. He gave me a Heart Shape box of Candy....I thought HE KNOWS I CAN'T eat CHOCOLATE!!! I opened the box and all the chocolate was GONE but in the middle of the box was 1 small heart shape hard candy that said I LOVE YOU! It made me laugh so much! Then I read the card and cried...it was the SWEETEST CARD I've EVER GOTTEN!!!

Since I've been SLEEVED and that was only 5 weeks tomorrow I've noticed a BIG BIG BIG CHANGE in my husband. He is starting to show me more attention! If I mention something...and I mean just say Oh I need to go do this...HE DOES IT FOR ME! At first I just thought I was imagining things but then my daughter noticed too! He EVEN went to Church with me this past Sunday and took us out for lunch and NEVER complained!

I told him we need a work out room for all our equipment....today a new 14 X 24 Building came! Now don't get me wrong my daughters have been asking this for MONTHS..YEARS...I just finally told him last week and he ordered it! THIS NEVER HAPPENED IN THE PAST.. he would do what the girls wanted not what I wanted! I'm just in SHOCK I mean WHAT THE HECK is going ON?!?

Enjoy it girl! Maybe he is seeing how hard you are working, and wants to compensate in some way! Happy Valentines day, and hope he keeps it up : )

That is so wonderful and sweet!!! I say... just take it and run girlie!! :)

Yep agree- just run with it- but when you finally are able to close your jaw from dropping open in AH- say thank you and let him know just how much you appreciate what He has done because he loves and cares for YOU! :)

Absolutely fabulous, and super sweet of your husband.

It sounds likes he's showing his love and pride for you with gifts. My husband is the same way.

If you haven't ever, I highly suggest reading the book "5 Languages of Love". It really gave me insight to how my husband communicated his love for me. Before WLS, it was taking me to my fave places to eat, sharing his sweets with me, never mentioning my weight, and doting on me while I sat on a high pedestal that he perched my fat ass up on.

Once I dropped the weight, his gift giving was different, and he told me he was proud of me more than I could count, but he didn't verbalize it very well. He did things to make my life easier to compensate for his lack of actually saying it.

Enjoy these moments, and make sure you communicate your love to him in whatever manner he'll recognize that you appreciate all of his sweet gestures. That was the most difficult chore for me was to "tell" him I loved, appreciated, and was thankful for his efforts/kindness/willingness to help in a manner that he could understand and recognize. He needs "acts of service and words of affirmation" to see love, while I need "quality time and physical touch". We communicate and receive love differently, but because of that book and the pointers it gives, we have really learned to "talk" with one another.

Enjoy it! 80 lbs and not one single compliment here. Valentines consisted of me cooking dinner and cleaning it up. Flowers and a card he ran into jewel and got on his way home.

Has me rethinking how much I want to be here.

Oh yes, enjoy it!

See, I did get a face cream I couldn't afford on my own, but no cards, no flowers, not a single "I love you". I had heart-shaped chocolate for him, a little plant with a heart, I cooked him dinner (switched off all the lights and lighted up many candles!)... I did not even get a hug since I came back from my surgery...

So, I am happy to be happy for you! You are very lucky! :heart:

THANKS ALL I AM ENJOYING THE ATTENTION because I didn't get it before! LOL

Tiff, Thanks I'm going to order that book. Men are SO HARD TO READ sometimes. What made me the MOST SURPRISED was he really had to put some THOUGHT into that candy box! LOL My daughter asked him last night were is the chocolate....he said I ate it...it took me three days but I finally finished it. LOL I thought to myself you poor baby it took you three Whole days....LOL....My daughter said Dad you could have shared with me! We all laughed!

Mine who was completely against the surgery is also being extra kind.

I thought of making a little sarcasm about it but then decided to just respond to his kindness with kindness. So he came home yesterday and I had a nice dinner for him and the girls ready to be served. They were all so happy.

Just enjoy and do the same for him. Maybe something special that he enjoys and that you have not done in a long time specially for him. :D

No candy for me surgery tomorrow. Watching everyone eating candy makes me think of how I got here I. The first place, soo very sad

ha! mine consisted of driving him around the tri-state area looking for cars since his died on him. not a card, not a balloon, not a flower, not a plant, not a valentines day kiss.... nothing.

i bought him concert tickets for next month that cost me $200 & he refuses to go so now im trying to sell them. yay!!! happy valentines day :'(