Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This morning, as I was reading different forum posts I was going: "That's me! Haha, that's so me!" Basically I was relating to what other post-opers were saying in regards to changes after surgery whatever they may be. I could not think of ten but I came up with seven, these are the things I have noticed the most so far in this journey, I would love to hear yours whatever they may be and how many!

ranger.gifHere are BZ's *7*:

1)noidea.gifI have never been colder in my entire life, I used to despise socks, now I cannot live without them because my feet are always cold(yes I have the heater on and a blanket at night). One night I had to check my temp to see if I was still alive!

2)amen.gifMy period has regulated from what I can tell so far which is a God sent!

3)amen.gifI am not 100% not hungry, my hunger now if I don't eat for a long time is different it kind of has a voice that says:"Hey can you put something in there I need something to work with". That something is usually <3oz! That's opposed to the "let's attack the fridge and pantry" voice.

4)amen.gifSugar tastes completely different, I had a sip of a sprite yesterday and it tasted like medicine! It tasted worse than my grape Isopure...and that's hard to beat.

5)embaressed_smile.gifI have loved eggs all my life but the smell of them after they are cooked post-op gets me a little nauseous.

6)lightbulb.gifI have energy spurts and crashes, like I am either looking like I am on something or ready for a nap...this comes and goes throughout the day.

7)rolleyes.gifI really cannot stand my calcium citrate wafers I feel like I am eating classroom chalk like the lady who was that strange addictions show.

Welllllll...after reading so many more things popped up!

8) frusty.gifWithout all the fat serving as road block sex is even more amazing!

9)According to my husband I used to snore(I still don't believe it-lol) but according to him I don't anymore!

10)Like Diva I used to not like peanuts and I love them now specialty the salted kind, great to carry in your purse in case of emergencies.

11)I am not hiding in pictures anymore in fact I am trying to be the focal point!!!!biggrin.gifLOL

12)The sleeve has calmed me in that I think my diet is so healthy now that my neurotransmitters are firing at the right rate!

I'm game -- this is fun! :)

1) blink.gif If I don't eat anything with Fiber and drink ALL my Water nothing is coming out of me.

2) :) I live in a hot country and only sweat when I exercise -- hmmm . . . maybe I don't want to visit the States soon . . .

3) :) Cannot eat sugar, even in my beloved chocolate, no matter what -- it's nasty tasting.

4) angry.gif Instead of having thick hair, I may soon have thin hair.< /p>

5) :) I only eat when I feel empty or light-headed -- otherwise, no hunger sensation. And, after a couple of bites, I need to force myself to finish a measly 3 oz. of food. But it's good.

6) :) I LOOOOVE my water!

7) :) Am amazed at how fast and how much normal people eat -- not that they're overeating, just that it's sooo much more than I could even imagine eating.

I relate to all of those. Wow.

1) My once love of Spanish rice is gone. I hate it.

2) eggs gag me. I've been trying all different ways to cook them and ugh.

3) Don't take two laxatives to make yourself regular. OMG, the next day is a nightmare.

4) I love exercise more then ever...especially in the form of Zumba or kickboxing or walking.

5) this newfound love of myself is exhilarating.

Plus all of yours above

Oh man - I am loving reading these. I am 3 weeks away from having my surgery and it's so good to know what to expect. I got to the bottom and was all bummed that there weren't more. I'm really craving for knowledge of the "after life". LOL. More people post to this, please.

My *7* Truths:

1. I am not going to lose 75 lbs in the first two months. I started at 232 and have been comparing myself to some people who are losing tremendous amounts of weight in a short time. Not going to be me, but I am losing steadily and expect to get to goal in 9-12 months.

2. Protein shakes taste awful, but Protein Bars taste worse. I can't get all my Protein from food yet so have to supplement with shakes no matter what the dietician says.

3. I am sleeping more soundly than before surgery. I used to wake up 3-4 times a night but no more! I didn't have sleep apnea, either.

4. People who have not seen me in a while recognize me when they can see my face. I colored my hair copper and my shape is different so I have to get close to them!

5. It is so much easier to exercise. I used to sit in the recliner all day and watch TV but now I go swimming and walking and miss it if I don't do it.

6. Multi-Vitamin tablets make me want to vomit and I did retch after the Calcium, I think they are too big for my sleeve right now. I am taking two Vitamin chewables and ordered the Calcet lemon bites yesterday.

7. I am NOT HUNGRY---this is the biggest blessing. I get kind of an empty feeling but it is not hunger as I knew it before surgery. I am so happy and thankful that the hunger went away.

Getting called "skinny" all day long is pretty fun!! :lol:

2) I can RUN again!! NO KNEE PAIN!! :D

3) Not only do I feel full after a small portion, but I feel "content". There is a big difference in the two. :)

4) I was called a "light eater" by the waiter at the restaurant the other day. It made me smile. I don't think I've ever been called that in my entire life!!! :o

5) I used to absolutely LOVE Almonds and could really put em away. Now, I can't stand them. After a couple my stomach tells me - no way!!! Plus they just don't taste good anymore...

WTH!!! My half of my post disappeared... :(

So here's the short version of the rest

6) I love peanuts now but didn't pre surgery

7) I cannot eat chips, anything greasy or fatty, or anything too sweet anymore!!!

8) I am nearly all hunger cured depending what I ate in my last meal.

9) I constantly cold now instead of hot and sweaty.

10) I'm full of confidence and loving my new life!!!

1. My sleep is WAY off now! I have SO much energy I can't unwind and sleep!

2. I too am FREEZING!! I have even gone to bed with socks and I think that is the worst feeling!

3. I have never been consitpated in my life until now :(

4. I don't want pasta! I have wanted Pasta everyday for at least 7 years now and now I don't!!

5. I LOVE EGGS!! LOL It's funny to see posts about hateing them! I liked them before but OMG I eat them almost everyday now!

6. I actually like the Protein shakes and bars! I'm usually a very pickey eater but I really do like them!

7. I am RUNNING!!! I am even doing a 5K race in April! YAY!

1) I still get hungry feelings...after 5 hours of not eating

2) i am having regular bowl movements

3) I still hate Protein shakes, but im getting by.

4) I can eat eggs

5) I eat around 5oz per meal

6) most of my back pain has subsided

7) blood pressure came in today at 120/75(without medication)

2 weeks to the day post op.

I have read several of these posts and the general consensis is NO eggs...I wonder why. I used to love eggs now they just make me sick.

I love eggs. I loved them before but now they just make my mouth Water thinking about them. I like to eat several every single week. 2 Eggs and 1 Pc of turkey sausage or lean turkey bacon is my favorite Breakfast.

This is a great thread!!!

1. Life does NOT revolve around food. food is just for nutrients.

2. I have to work very hard to drink enough Water ( I never get 64 ounces)...and I do love Water.< /span>

3. I still cook all of my family's meals...but still working on making them a little more sleeve friendly.

4. My husband is more supportive than I thought and my sisters are less.

5. Waiting 30 minutes to eat after drinking and 30 minutes after is hard.

6. I dont want to buy clothes in a smaller size until they are a SMALL size.

7. It is hard to not shout from the roof top how much I have lost.

8. I dont really know how to respond when people tell me I look good. Thank you just seems awkward.

9. One of the hardest thing I have to do is go to the grocery store. The first few times I almost cried at all the food that I know I will never eat. I still buy food that I can not eat and you know what ...it doesnt call to me from the kitchen.

10. I dont stress any more about what the scale says (now that I only weigh once a week) I actually LOOK forward to weighing in on Sundays.

1. I used to take a nap every day, now I am not tired in the afternoon.

2. I used to be warm all the time, now I'm usually cold.

3. I used to love sweets, now sweet things make me gag.

4. I stay up later at night, I think I need less sleep because I sleep better at night.

5. I don't snack between meals because I'm not constantly thinking about food.< /p>

6. Water actually tastes good now.

My 14 and it's only been a month!

1. I was taking Midol or something else almost daily for headaches...have taken Tylenol twice since surgery.

2. Was hitting the snooze a gazillion times and would finally drag my butt out of bed wishing I could hours more. Now I hit the snooze once and am ready to jump out of bed, and sometimes I get up before the alarm even goes off.

3. Am able to take a nibble of something my son is eating with inhaling most of it or going to get another serving or more for myself.

4. Am happy to be in pictures now. 30 lbs. ago every picture was a bad picture...now, chances are good it will be a good one.

5. instead of inhaling a whole meal without realizing it, I am tasting every single bite and enjoying the food more.

6. Pork, beef, and seafood settles well, chicken not so much.

7. Eating 6 Bariatric Advantage Calcium chews a day makes me feel like I'm having tootsie rolls and star bursts every day.

8. I never bought into the no eating after a certain hour rule...it never made a difference in the way I felt. Now, if I eat anything "heavy" after 8, I feel heaving the rest of the night and go to bed telling myself not to eat late anymore.

9. I don't miss caffeinated drinks. The taste sometimes, but then I take a sip and hate it.

10. I join the parents team at my son's basketball practice tonight for a jump shot competition...never would have done that 30 pounds ago.

11. I don't have any clothes left that I have to cram myself into....it fits or is a little too big. Am also dragging stuff out of the skinny tub.

12. When I step on the scale and have lost a pound, I know I will never see it again.

13. When I step on the scale and haven't lost anything, I know I will very very soon.

14. I go full blast all week...and crash Friday night. A good night sleep gives me what I need for a great weekend.

Couple more for me:

I drank coffee everyday before. I don't drink even Decaf and DON'T MISS IT.

I stay up later it seems and sleep amazing during the night. No more sleep apnea.

My blood pressure is lowest it's been in forever and I'm going to see if I can go off the meds.

I don't crave sweets and don't like super sweet things anymore.

I don't crave salty either.

I've gone from an 18 to 14 in 5 weeks.