Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had the surgery on Monday evening. These past 2 days have not been easy. I wish I could say only good things but I will not lie.

I had profound regrets, felt depressed, wanted to go back in time, had all possible negative thoughts... the discomfort is intense and hard to describe. Walk and sip sounds as easy as diet and exercise but we all know it is not like that.

I had no energy, pain, regret and intense nausea and discomfort. The medical team has been great, no thing to complain.They are competent, caring and always available. The hospital is very good, the room is private ... I cannot even think of the possibility of having this procedure in a clinic and going out in one day.

I asked the doctor to stay in the hospital one more day as i sill feel weak and not myself.

Today I was able to take a shower, and I am now trying to cheer up a bit. I will have the dreaded leak test in the afternoon.

I really hope this down mood goes away and I start to see anything good about all of this. Maybe when I get home I will feel better.

Thank you all for the wishes and prayers.

Hi Brazcan, a lot of people can feel down initially. I remember coming round thinking OMG what have I done to myself!!! Weirdly a lot of people (including me) report feeling LOADS better on day 4, so hang in there. Just try and remember the reasons why you went into this. I wish you all the best and am sure in few days' time you'll feel a lot differently! smile.gif

I am so sorry to hear you are having a rough time. I had what sounds like the same physical feelings, extreme nausea and discomfort. I never wanted to take it back though. I waited too long to get here. I am now only 3 weeks out. I had my surgery on a Monday morning and really started feeling better about Thursday, apparently (from my upper GI) I had a lot of swelling in tummy and that made even sips of anything really hard to get down. By Thursday morning, it must have started going down because it suddenly was much easier to sip.

Try to hang in there, it does get better. Everyone is starting at different places physically, so there is no set "magic" time you will start to feel better, but probably within the next few days you should hopefully have some improvement. I hope so. Please keep us updated.

Oh my dear I am sorry you are feeling so down! I am sending prayers your way for you to being feeling better! No one could have properly prepared me for th the first 2or 3 days after surgery! I too had initial regrets because I felt so miserable. But but day 4 I was much improved and now 5 weeks out tomorrow - no regrets at all!

The leak test goes fast. Just drink it down and watch the screen. After that you are on your way to recovering and beginning to get back to normal! I know Trish and Dr Kelly will help you in any way that they possibley can-ask for what you need!

This is a life changing surgery and I know it is a shock to the system. I remember laying there thinking _OMG what have I done! Give your body and mind time to heal and catch up with each other. The future will be amazing - but for now focus on each day just getting enough Water in and walking.

I promise it will be better - the pain and uncomfort are temporary! Hugs and prayers coming your way!

Kim

I had the surgery on Monday evening. These past 2 days have not been easy. I wish I could say only good things but I will not lie.

I had profound regrets, felt depressed, wanted to go back in time, had all possible negative thoughts... the discomfort is intense and hard to describe. Walk and sip sounds as easy as diet and exercise but we all know it is not like that.

I had no energy, pain, regret and intense nausea and discomfort. The medical team has been great, no thing to complain.They are competent, caring and always available. The hospital is very good, the room is private ... I cannot even think of the possibility of having this procedure in a clinic and going out in one day.

I asked the doctor to stay in the hospital one more day as i sill feel weak and not myself.

Today I was able to take a shower, and I am now trying to cheer up a bit. I will have the dreaded leak test in the afternoon.

I really hope this down mood goes away and I start to see anything good about all of this. Maybe when I get home I will feel better.

Yep you just got to hang a couple of days you will start feeling better about things as ansthesia wears off..You have to drink and walk for the gas. I promise that when you start getting fluids in and getting on your feet even getting a shower will make you feel like 100 bucks. It will get better every day that passes I promise..

I also had surgery on Monday. I'm sore from the gas pains and incisions. I'm finding it much more difficult to drink than I thought it'd be but I am slowly sipping my warm tea and broth. It's difficult to stay hydrated. Overall I feel pretty good but I did have an extremely difficult time sleeping last night. Hopefully that will get better also. I'm wishing you the best of luck and hoping we have quick recoveries!

genepha

Lapband replacement with Plication 2-7-11

Hi brazcan, hope u are feeling better. I was sleeved on Tuesday so i am post op 3 days and have had the same feelings you have. Everybody is saying it will get better. Please keep us posted.

braz, This might sound like a load of BS to you right now, but "THIS TOO SHALL PASS!"

I was right where you are 7 months ago. It took me WAY longer to feel somewhat normal (4 weeks) than it did alot of folks around here. I cried, moped, regretted, languished, got dehydrated, and almost passed out in the sun a few times. But, once I got through the initial fews weeks of painful swallowing and started getting some real nourishment in my body, I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. I can't believe I ever stressed about drinking 2% milk! Boy did my body need that milk fat! :lol:

Then, my clothes started getting really loose, and I was like, "hmmm, let me rethink this whole thing..." Now, I love my sleeve and I'm so proud of myself for taking this major step to improve my quality of life. It hasn't been easy by any means, but by my 6 month mark, I was 100% convinced that I had made the right decision - a far cry from how I felt in the weeks after surgery. If 6 months feels like it's a lifetime away, think about being overweight for 10, 20, or 30 years. (It's been 30 for me.) It makes 6 months seem like a blip on the radar screen.

http://www.verticals...__1#entry104372

Thank you all for the support. I do not know how I would cope without this forum.

I am feeling much better. Drinking and walking, mood is brighter, no pain. That emmotional crash after the surgery has improved (Thanks God!) and that was by far the worst part of this whole experience.

The leak test was much easier than I thought... just a big gulp on a bitter tasting substance.

I am still afraid of drinking or eating too much and having pain or opening my pouch :rolleyes: I feel good but need to rest after 3-4 hours up. I am trying to rest as much as i can to give more time for the body to recover. I am not depressed as in the first day but I still have no interest in weighting in to find out if I am loosing of not. this seems odd to me but my focus now is just on recovering from the surgery and not having any complications.

Thank you all for all the support.