Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise Equipment

Lets Discuss Equipment, what do you have? what do you like about it or dislike?

I have an eliptical which makes my knees feel like they are gonna pop so I try to use my treadmill and Total Gym, which I like occasionally.

I have a recumbant bike and an exercise ball. I use both on a regular basis and have no complaints. I also have a mountain bike but my a$$ falls asleep whenever I ride it.

My husband has one of those Bowflex (generic type) machines in the garage and I've never used it. I really want a treadmill so that I can start jogging. There's no way I'm going to be jogging outside in this Louisiana heat and humidity!

I have an elliptical machine, exercise bike, an AbLounge, a Pilates Reformer, free weights and exercise tapes. I don't use them as often as I should but I enjoy all of them!!! We have an extra room that was added onto our house and I have made it into my own little personal gym. :o

We just bought a really nice weight bench with a squat bar, preacher curl, and leg curl/extend. It is really nice. Got it on sale at sports authority. I am in heaven. We also have a heavy bag we just picked up. I am going to use it for some kickboxing/boxing training and try to tone my bod up with that.

We also have a shadow boxing tape, a taebo tape, and pilates for weight loss tape. (by tape I mean dvd) We would keep going to the gym, but unfortunately the kids are not having a good time at the child care there and the pretty much cry and scream thw whole time we work out.

I am still looking for a treadmill at a "reasonalble" price that has a wieght limit of 450...LOL good luck, I know. But I have free wieghts,Zoomba, Richard Simmons, Belly dancing, and those piltes and cardio dvds from McDees (LOL I swear I will do them this week!!!) I was also looking at recumbent bikes, and elipticals online... I think it might be money wise to get the bike first....Still checkin Ebay though!!!!

I've got a treadmill, its the only stationary cardio equipment that I really enjoy and studies suggest its the best for fat and calorie burning.

I quite like elliptical machines, but I've read a few articles about how the calorie usage information on ellipticals is skewed, not sure how true that is, but I can tell by using other equipment that I havent put in enough work on the elliptical to burn the say, 700 calories it says I have. I figure you burn 700 calories you're going to be tired, I can do that on the elliptical and not feel a thing, but on a bike or treadmill, I'm completely stuffed. And the effect on my weight of using the elliptical versus treadmill is quite noticeable, i was regularly burning 500-700 calories on the elliptical for period of months prior to and just after surgery, while my ankle was bad. I built tons of fitness but my body didnt change and I didnt lose much weight (until I had the surgery).

When I switched over the treadmill I purchased for home, and started doing 4km runs burning about 400 calories, suddenly the weight started moving again, but more importantly I almost instantly dropped sizes.

So I vote for my treadmill, and its the one I enjoy most too. I can get on and run and its a natural motion, whereas other machines arent and I find I cant switch off the way I do running.

I only have Pilate's DVD's...which gives me a headache, taebo...which I loved to do until I got too big, and an exercise band. I always thought I wanted an elliptical machine since I thought it was easier on your knees. Now, I guess I should reconsider. :o So many of you seem to prefer the treadmills. How do your knees hold up? Are they sore after exercising?

What I find best about a treadmill too is the speed is set for you - you have to keep up with it. So you cant slack off the way you do on other equipment when you're not concentrating. I want to listen to music and think, not keep my eye on my RPM.

I have Wii with the Active and Active More Workouts. The biggest loser dvds, a treadmill and an elliptical. Right now I'm using mainly the treadmill and some wii for strength training with the Active.

I have Leslie Sansone walking DVDs and some Firm DVDs. I was banded on 12/17/09 and I recently started with these DVDs. I also joined the gym since I don't have the space or money for the kind of treadmill I need. I will start at the gym tomorrow.

I have a treadmill at home which I love. I enjoy reading while using it. It's nice when the weather is icky to jump on it without having to go anywhere. I also have a gym membership. For the past couple of months, I've been using the treadmill and going to the gym every other day. I use the weight machines at gym. I use the treadmill at home on Sun, Weds, Fri and Sat. I go to the gym on Tues, Thurs, and Sat. I take Mondays off.