Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Carb Recipies

Here's some of my favorite low carb recipies......

Of course these can be altered to be lower in fat and calories, but they are awesome and when I was following Atkins these were my fav.

Low Carb cheese Cake

12 Servings @ 263 Calories a Slice and 3.58 Carbs Per Slice

3 Pkg Cream cheese (8 oz each)

3 eggs

10 Pks Splenda

1 ½ Tsp vanilla

1 TBLS Lemon juice

1 Cup of Sour Cream

Heat oven 350 degrees

Line bottom of spring pan w/2 sheets of wax paper…spray w/pam

Spray sides of pan w/pam

Cover outside bottom of pan w/foil, make it tight

Add batter

Place pan w/batter in a deep roasting pan

Add 1” of Water to roasting pan…..

Cook 1 hour

Shut oven off

Let cake stand in oven for 1 additional hour

Take out of Water bath and cool on rack…refrigerate and eat the next day.

With whipped cream made from any flavor of Divinci Syrup is devine

__________________________________________ _____________

Mock Fried Rice

3 1/2 cups of grated raw cauliflower

3 green onions

1 clove of garlic or 1/2 tsp garlic powder

1/2 tsp ginger

3 tbsp soy sauce

3 beaten eggs

Olive oil

Cooked chicken, shrimp, beef, pork, whatever.

In a wok or large flat skillet, heat enough oil to cover the bottom. Fry minced garlic (or garlic powder) with finely diced white part of onions for approx. 1 minute. Add grated cauliflower and fry 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add soy, ginger, diced green onion tops, and pre-cooked cubed meat or baby shrimp. Stir to mix well and brown a bit. Push mixture to one side of pan. Add more oil if necessary and scramble eggs in empty side of pan until done but still moist. Stir eggs into "rice" mix and remove from heat.

3-4 servings

5 net carbs each

____________________________________________ _____________

Egg Muffins

Spray w/Pam a 12 hole muffin pan, put crumbled cooked sausage or cut up ham or bacon or whatever you like in the cups. Some broccoli or spinach or asparagus would be good too. Add grated cheese, cheddar or montery jack or swiss. Don't over fill it w/the meat & cheese, like about 1/2 way or 3/4 at most. Beat 8 eggs with lt cream or half and half, just a splash and spoon egg mixture into the cups. Bake 350 degrees, maybe 15 minutes or so, you'll see them start to brown.

The possibilities are endless, you can add any kind of cheese, meat or veggies, they are wonderful to freeze. In the mornings I like to grab one or two out of the freezer and by the time I get to work they are defrosted and ready to heat.

LOVE LOVE LOVE THESE!!

___________________________________________ _____________

Sausage & Cabbage

1 head of green cabbage, shredded (or a bag of precut coleslaw mix)

1/4 Cup onion chopped

1 Pkg of turkey sausage (removed from casings)I like Shaddy Brook hot or sweet.

1 egg (optional)

garlic 2 cloves

Olive oil

cook sausage, save drippings.

add a little olive oil and saute fresh crushed garlic (2 cloves or jar) into the drippings add onions saute more and then cabbage, saute until cooked down but not mush, you can add an egg at the end if you want, kinda like fried rice style.

YUM

______________________________________________ _____________

Portabello Burgers

This is easy.

Portabello Mushroom Caps

Ground Beef (chicken, turkey or veggie burgers work good too)

Cheese

Cook your burger any way you like it. Then grill some large portabello mushrooms caps w/a little olive oil brushed on them.

When done use the caps like you would bread, you can even put your favorite toppings on it, bacon, cheese, lettuce, Tomato, pickle, mayo, katchup (a touch), mustard, onions, etc......

OR !!! make some Low Carb Chili and put that on top for a chili burger.

_________________________________________ _____________

DEEP DISH pizza QUICHE

4 oz softened cream cheese

4 eggs

1/3 cup heavy cream

1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)

1 tbs chives

1/2 tsp Italian or pizza seasoning

2 cups shredded cheese (I use mozzarella /cheddar mix)

1/2 tsp wet garlic or 1/4 tsp garlic powder

1/2 cup lowest carb tomato or pizza sauce

1 cup mozzarella cheese

Toppings to taste (I use pepperoni, sausage, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, whatever!)

Beat together cream cheese and eggs till smooth.

Add cream, parmesean cheese and spices

Spray 13x9 glass baking dish with oil

Put 2 cups of shredded cheese in dish and pour egg mixt. over Bake at 375 for 30 minutes

Spread with sauce and then add your toppings

Cover with mozzarella cheese

Bake till browning and bubbly

Let stand for 5 minutes or so.

__________________________________________ ______________

Chicken Cordon Blue chicken Burgers

Makes 4 large burgers

2 lbs ground chicken

2 heafty teaspoons sweet paprika

2 heafty teaspoons poultry seasoning

1 tsp salt

2 chopped up scallions

1 - 2 Tbs oil (what ever you prefer)

Ham

Swiss Cheese

Garlic soft spreadable cheese

Mix first 6 ingred together well, make 4 burgers, they are sticky so when you flatten them out coat the outside with more oil so they are managable.

Grill them, and just before they are done, spread some soft garlic cheese on top, place a slice of ham on top and then a slice of swiss cheese (melt it).

These can be tweaked to add any spice/seasoning you like.

We ate this with a bunch of sauted mushrooms....very very good !!!!!

_________________________________________ _______________

Cole slaw

2 bags dole precut cabbage/cole slaw mix (20 oz each bag I think)

1 Cup Helmans Mayo

2 Teaspoons Celery Salt

4 Tablespoons Vinegar

6 Tablespoons Lt Cream

6 Tablespoons Water

14 Packets Splenda

Mix all ingred together except cabbage, pour over cabbage and toss well, refrig over night and enjoy next day. When the flavors mingle mmmmm mmmm !! And nobody know's its low carb

Mock Mashed Potatoes

1 head cauliflower

1/2 stick butter

1 cup sour cream

Salt to taste

Cut up and cook cauliflower til very soft, drain well.

Melt butter on cooked cauliflower.

Puree or Mash it (I mash, I kinda like it lumpy) cauliflower with butter, and sour cream, salt, in blender or food processor. (be careful not to puree too long)

You can also add cheddar cheese and bake it for about 25 minutes until cheese melts (350 degrees).

________________________________________ _______________

Cold Broccoli salad

1/4 - 1/2 Pound Cooked Pork Bacon, crumbled (depends on your taste)

1 head fresh raw broccoli, cut into bite size pieces (I used only the flower part)

1/4 cup red onion, chopped

3 tablespoons white Vinegar

6 - 8 Pks Splenda (depends how sweet you like it)

1 cup Mayonnaise

3 Tablespoons Light Cream

3 Tablespoons Water

2 Tablespoons Bacon Fat

1 Teaspoon Salt

Mix all ingred together and then pour over broccoli, refrig over night and enjoy next day.

This broccoli salad is one of my all time favorites :o

__________________________________________________ ___________

Tips on Buying Ground Chicken

READ READ READ !!!

Make sure the package says Ground BREAST of Chicken, this way you are getting the white, lean meat and not the icky fatty funky stuff they throw in the regular ground chicken (like they do to ground beef).

I buy Perdue and love it !!

Here's the nutritional information on Ground BREAST of Chicken vs. regular Ground Chicken from Perdue - the differences are staggering !!!!!!

http://www.perdue.com/athome/product/product.asp

Ground BREAST of Chicken - Perdue Brand

4 OZ - Raw

Calories: 100

Cal From Fat: 5

Total Fat: 0.5 gm

Saturated Fat: ** (traces)

Cholesterol: 65 mg

Sodium: 75 mg

Carbs: 0

Compaired to -

Regular Ground Chicken - Perdue Brand

4 OZ - Raw

Calories: 180

Cal From Fat: 100

Total Fat: 12 gm

Saturated Fat: 4

Cholesterol: 135 mg

Sodium: 75 mg

Carbs: 0

I make chicken burgers alot, you can stuff them with just about anything.

To keep my calories and carbs lower with the burgers, I do NOT add breadcrumbs, I just throw in some poultry spices, and any kind of ckn spice you like, onion, sweet paprika, garlic, etc. They are VERY sticky so you might want to add a teaspoon of olive oil in the mix (normally I don't but you can). What I do is spray a plate w/pam first, plop some ckn mixture on it, spray some pam on top of the ckn blob and flatten it out into burger shapes. Also, when you grill it, if you grill it, spray the spatula first. I'm telling you, it is so worth it, YUM!!!!!!!!!!! low cal, low carb, high Protein and low fat...what more can you ask for and left overs are wonderful.

pumpkin CHILI !!!! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

If you love pumpkin, you'll love this.... at least I do.

This recipe was give to me by one of my best friends who has lost 85+ lbs by following a Mediterranean diet. She is not banded. She is truly amazing and has learned to cook so healthy and wonderful. Thanks LINNY !!!!!

You can adjust this recipe any way you like and it still turns out wonderful.

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

1/2 cup chopped onion

1 cup chopped red bell peppers

1 clove garlic

1 pound ground chicken breast or turkey

2 (14.5 ounce) cans canned peeled and diced tomatoes

1 (15 ounce) can LIBBY'S® Pumpkin Pie

1 (15 ounce) can canned tomato sauce

1 (15.25 ounce) can canned kidney Beans, drained

1 (4 ounce) can ORTEGA® Diced Green Chiles

1/2 cup whole kernel corn

1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder

1 teaspoon ground cumin

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

HEAT vegetable oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Add chicken or turkey; cook until browned. Drain.

ADD tomatoes with juice, pumpkin, tomato sauce, Beans, chiles, corn, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.

MY SUGGESTION, EAT THE NEXT DAY......... YUMMY !!!!

You can put in what ever you want, any veggies, beans etc.

I also put in to bulk it up, zucchini, squash, green beans, peas, carrots (canned).

I have a recipt that is similiar to your...

Cauliflower Bake

I head Cauliflower (blanched 5 minutes)

1/2 cup mayo

1/2 cup Mustard

Shredded Cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Blanch Cauliflower, Drain and put in container to go into Oven. Let cool for 5 min. Mix Mayo and Mustard together, add a pinch of pepper and salt, put on top of Cauliflower surrounding the whole head. Take cheese and pat it ontop of mixture, so all you see when your done is a head of cheese. Cover with tinfoil (make sure it is not touching cheese) bake for 20 minutes, take off tin foil, bake untill bubbly brown and melty (about 7-10 more minutes). LOL you might not like Brown, I do.

Joes Special

1 pound ground Turkey, chicken, or Hamburger

Salt and Pepper to taste

couple cloves of garlic to your taste

1/2 cup onion

2 Packages frozen Spinach (defrosted and wring out excess water)

1 egg

Fry meat with salt, pepper, onion, garlic till no longer pink.

Add spinach cook till hot, push everything to outer edges to scramble the egg in the middle, when cooked incorporate everything together.

Here is a marinade for something different. I have used it on chicken, pork and beef. I especially like it on ribs. I usally grill the meat also, but it works for the oven. I usally never measure anything i just dump it all in a bowl to cover the meat.

1 cup soy sauce

1 t. minced ginger

3 cloves minced garlic

1/2 c. rice vinager, or juice of 3 limes, or both

3 crushed red japanese dried chili peppers, however hot you want it

sliced green onions

cilantro

To die for Salsa to top any grilled meat....mmmmmmm

1 lbs Tomotillos (green looking tomatos with the husks, peel off husks and wash off they have a sticky feel to them, it is normal)

1-2 Jalepenos (take out seeds if you dont like hot)

1 Avacado

1 clove garlic

1/4 c. chopped onion

1/2 c. cilantro

1 lime

Salt to taste

Wash all ingrediants, add to blender everything but cilantro, salt and lime. blend on chop button till it is chunky consistancy add cilantro, salt and lime to taste. Serve as dip or topping on meats

Enjoy!!!

The egg muffins sound great. I am going to try them! Thanks.

Green Chili Pork Soup- Souper Easy....

1 pack of Country Pork Ribs

1 can of Green Chili Salsa

3 cups of Water

Cook in crock pot. Shred the pork ribs and remove bones. Serve with cheese and sour cream. Blends well for mushie stage too.

pumpkin Fluff

1 can pumpkin (16 oz, small can)

1 block cream cheese

2 oz whipping cream

1/2 tsp lemon juice

Pumpkin Pie Spice to taste

Whip cream cheese and cream together until smooth. Stir in pumpkin and spice until fluffy. Serve cold.

Beef Roll

2 packs cream cheese

2 packs Budding Beef, diced into small 1/4 inch cubes

1 bunch of green onions, diced small

Blend cream cheese, beef and onions together. Put in plastic wrap to form a "roll" or ball, serve chilled with celery or crackers. This is something my family fights over.

Egg Wraps

6 eggs

3 oz parmesan cheese

Blend together. Pour into cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Cook for 10 minutes at 325. (Or until browning) Cut into four pieces. Makes a great low carb wrap for sandwiches/rollups. You can add other stuff too like garlic and rosemary just to give it a little more kick. The cheese adds as a binder, so don't try it without it. (I did and it did not work well.)

NJChick--Thanks so much for the egg muffins recipe! I made them with turkey bacon and cheddar cheese (just a pinch!). They were yummy!

NJChick--Thanks so much for the egg muffins recipe! I made them with turkey bacon and cheddar cheese (just a pinch!). They were yummy!

Best thing is you can freeze them individually and grab them as you go! I love them with broccoli and turkey sausage (and cheese ;) )

I use to do the mock mash potatoes like you, with califlower. now i use butternut squash and i love it! do u thinki can make a mock baked potAToe with the bns?

Fry a pound of bacon. Top with cheese. Dip in melted butter or mayo. :heh:

I spent a year on the induction phase of Atkins. Here are some add'l recipe tips:

Use ground Pork rinds for breading, instead of flour or bread crumbs. Or dry parmesan. Both are really good, and you can't taste a difference once fried. I used to do fish, cheese chunks, shrimp, mushrooms...

For whatever reason, I found that most generic food items have fewer carbs than name brands of th same thing, as many as 10g per serving fewer. This still wasn't enough to switch me to generic foods, but I thought it was interesting. :)

Flax pancakes

Mix 1/2 C ground flax seed meal, 2 eggs, 1/4 C cream, 3tbl cottage cheese, 2 tbl melted butter, 1/4 tsp baking powder. Optionally, add a dash of maple flavoring, vanilla, or malt flavoring. Cook like normal pancakes. Batter should be slightly runny.

Jicama fries from LCALI

3 to 6 cups vegetable oil (more or less depending on pot size)

1 medium jicama, peeled

Salt

Onion powder

Garlic powder

PaprikaVery thinly slice the jicama, as you would a potato to make chips, then stack a few slices at a time and cut them all into matchstick-sized pieces. Carefully place the chips into the hot oil (use a slotted spoon and wear mitts) and fry until very crispy (just a few minutes will do). Cook in batches, as necessary. Remove and drain on paper towels. Place a heavy pot over medium-high heat and fill with at least 1-inch vegetable oil. Heat the oil to 350 degrees F. (Portable deep-fryers at home are great for this, but if you don’t have one, use a candy thermometer – just be careful!) Sprinkle liberally with equal amounts of salt, onion, and garlic powders, and paprika to taste. Toss to coat well and serve immediately.

Fake fried apples

Cut jicama into thin strips. Sautee in pan with butter. Add sugar free cider mix to taste. Sprinkle with cinnamon and apple pie seasoning. (No amount because it's all to taste)

I use to do the mock mash potatoes like you, with califlower. now i use butternut squash and i love it! do u thinki can make a mock baked potAToe with the bns?

Butternut squash is the BEST!!! but I'm not sure if it would be thick enough to make as taters. I'm thinking maybe if you added an egg to it and bake it, it might thicken up? Not sure but heck... I make pies out of butternut squash (better than pumpkin pies imho) and when you bake it it does get thick like pumpkin pie.

Great recipes...Thanks a bunch! I'll have to peek at the ones I have and post them when I can for you :)

Question about the pumkin chile. It sounds great but why use Libby's pumpkin Pie ( full of a ton of sugar) and just plain can of Libby's Pumpkin and add some Splenda to taste post cooking.

Obviously you have made this recipe. What do you think? I would like to try it and freeze it in portions.

I make a mean chicken Chile that is Ina Garten's recipe from food TV Network for several years. Everyone loves it but I can only eat it made with thigh meat as I cannot eat chicken since banding 3 years ago.

Thanks for a response. I was looking for this post and couldn't find it.

Question about the pumkin chile. It sounds great but why use Libby's pumpkin Pie ( full of a ton of sugar) and just plain can of Libby's Pumpkin and add some Splenda to taste post cooking.

Yes, use the 100% pumpkin and add the cinnamon and splenda in yourself, but mix it separetly until you get the flavors just right... then add it to the chili. I use the regular pie filling because I don't eat that much of it to worry about the sugar / calories. I just prefer the real sugar taste to splenda in some of my recipies.

Enjoy !!! and remember, the next day it taste better b/c the flavors meld.