Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I posted this last Friday but lost the post because of the problems this website had.

OK so I KNEW around the 3rd week I would hit a stall and I'll be honest it hit me at 39 lost! My whole life I could lose 30 pounds and then stall and I would start to eat again. SO the FEAR came back. I'm I going to be the one to fail? I put on my jeans and they were BIG so to make myself feel better I started trying on clothes that were to TIGHT but they WEREN'T TIGHT anymore! So I was confused...IS it POSSIBLE to LOSE INCHES but not POUNDS? I am TRYING not to get on the scale everyday now. Stopped after a few days of going up and down..between 37 to 39 pounds lost. I got on yesterday and FINALLY broke the stall.

I know I am NOT eating anywhere near what I use to eat and I'm making much better choices. Why can't the FEAR in my head go away? HOW can I make it go away? I am SO GLAD I got the SLEEVE and I have NO REGRETS at all. I just wish I could get a handle on the FEAR of FAILING it's always in the back of my mind. I wonder if it's because I've always failed at weight loss and because I feel like some people are waiting for me to fail. I keep telling myself that it's HARD to fail with this tool. I HAVE the ADVANTAGE this time.

Thanks for your support!

im having surgery tuesday and have all the same fears...will i fail at this too? then what? i have lost 24 pounds pre op so doc says thats a good indicator i will do well for the future...just have to take an educated leap of faith!! congrates on the weight loss

So I posted this last Friday but lost the post because of the problems this website had.

OK so I KNEW around the 3rd week I would hit a stall and I'll be honest it hit me at 39 lost! My whole life I could lose 30 pounds and then stall and I would start to eat again. SO the FEAR came back. I'm I going to be the one to fail? I put on my jeans and they were BIG so to make myself feel better I started trying on clothes that were to TIGHT but they WEREN'T TIGHT anymore! So I was confused...IS it POSSIBLE to LOSE INCHES but not POUNDS? I am TRYING not to get on the scale everyday now. Stopped after a few days of going up and down..between 37 to 39 pounds lost. I got on yesterday and FINALLY broke the stall.

I know I am NOT eating anywhere near what I use to eat and I'm making much better choices. Why can't the FEAR in my head go away? HOW can I make it go away? I am SO GLAD I got the SLEEVE and I have NO REGRETS at all. I just wish I could get a handle on the FEAR of FAILING it's always in the back of my mind. I wonder if it's because I've always failed at weight loss and because I feel like some people are waiting for me to fail. I keep telling myself that it's HARD to fail with this tool. I HAVE the ADVANTAGE this time.

Thanks for your support!

I think we are on the same page... I often think, even after 7mths, that this is a dream... I have NEVER lost more than 7lbs on any sort of diet! So this magical thing called the sleeve has really rocked my world! It is getting easier, the fear of failing is getting less and less and when I get in a stall, even though I still get frustrated, I don't beat myself up about it as much.

I too find that my clothes are getting looser, even when i don't see movement on the scales, so now I look at it as a win, win situation!!

Bring on goal!! =]

Thinbefore40 GREAT JOB on the PRE-OP Diet!! That is wonderful!! You WILL do fine!!!

Coop thanks....I know it's all in my head....why can't we BELIEVE more in ourselves?

Thinbefore40 GREAT JOB on the PRE-OP Diet!! That is wonderful!! You WILL do fine!!!

Coop thanks....I know it's all in my head....why can't we BELIEVE more in ourselves?

It is in our heads... and it does effect us, but we have to keep on with the positive thoughts and trust ourselves to make the right choices and trust the sleeve to do the rest! I am not one for New Years resolutions, but I sorta promised myself that I would be kinder to myself, especially in the body image/weight loss dept!!

Good luck and keep up the good work =]

Thanks for this post! I have the same fears, and I bet a lot of us do! I have never, ever lost weight this fast, but every time I hit a stall I think this is it. This is all the weight I'm going to lose. I think it's just the result of bad experiences with diets haunting us! But, I fully believe if we support each other, we can help keep each other from fearing failure so much! :)

It sure is much better to fear being the only one to not succeed rather than to fear being one of the millions every day who DO fail with diet/exercise alone. At least with the sleeve there is great hope!!

Good deal for staying positive. This WILL work. Never ever doubt that. How fast will it work is anyone's guess and each own's personal journey - but as far as me, fact that it does is quite enough. Especially with what I went through with the lap band.

Cheers!!!

remember FAT has less density than muscle. so while your scale is stalled your body is still burning the fat and thus you are loosing inches but not poundage... hope that makes sense

Thanks for your support!

We all experience this. I just had an 11 day stall and all of a sudden within the past two days 1.5 lbs was gone! I am only losing about 3 pounds a month now which is not much but I'll take that any day over gaining 5-8 pounds in a weekend! I am absolutely noticing that I need to keep buying smaller sizes even though the scale isn't moving :-)

I just came off a month long stall and yes it does MESS with your head. However there is no physical way to eat so little and not lose weight. Our bodies just need time sometimes to adjust. The body kinda thinks Whooaaa there partner, I may need this fat later and not matter what I am holding on to the fat just in case. That is when to switch things up a bit, some extra calories, increase cardio exercise, switch up the eating patterns ect.

Things I learned during my stall, I was not getting enough essential fatty acids due to my low fat diet, I was not getting enough calories in and you must keep fluids going in to flush fat out.

Tomorrow will be day 22 of my latest stall <sigh> and yes before the sleeve I would have totally given up. If the scale didn't move down then I would have thrown in the towel.

But not with the sleeve. This stall sucks and don't think that I don't hate it (because I do) but I keep putting good healthy choices in my mouth, I refuse to let the scale be the only indicator! I did the same thing and tried on a pair of jeans that I had previously been to big to wear. Guess what they fit. Even in the midst of this bugger of a stall, things are a changin'.

I understand the fear, in fact even now I am scared of all the weight coming back. Even though I struggle to get 1,800 calories in to maintain my weight. If it wasn't for my slightly excessive boozing I would probably be 10lbs lighter. But I can't afford to buy another set of clothes so I am going to try to stay where I am.

Weight loss is never linear and if you are eating Protein and being more active because you aren't so heavy you will be substituting muscle for fat, which is much denser,

Muscle and fat

so these stalls happen but they are not a bad thing. The extra muscle will then cause you to use more calories and cause a weight loss spurt. So you get a step profile as your weight loss continues.

Bottom line, make sensible food choices, try to be as active as possible and you will succeed.

Jane x