Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need to refocus so I don't freak out:-)

Need some moral support and feedback from some of the older slivers:-). I'm 18 months out and have put on five lbs (coming out of the holidays). Trying to get my head back in the game; however this is bribing up old junk!!! How many calories a day are folks eating and what is the Quality of food? Alcohol? Just need some reality checks so I can refocus...Thanks

One thing that really helped me was to calculate my BMR... that is the amount of calories your body requires to maintain it's current weight.

Try this site http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

I was amazed at how much lower it was after losing nearly 100 pounds. Be sure to keep your calories around your BMR and you shouldn't gain weight.

As for food... I was told to always be sure to eat high quality food... Protein, veggies and fruit. Our bodies can hold less food and we need to get the nutrients from some where.

I am not at goal and by no means am I THE expert... but I have researched and read as much as I can get my hands on. Hope I helped.

Good Luck,

AV

Well I'm a total of 12lbs. up...in the past week God has put some little "reminders" in front of me. I'm realizing I do a lot of "mindless" eating or grazing. In addition, I'm eating like a use to. Since coming out of the Holidays have had additional challenges over the past 6 months and my husband of all people finally confronted me about "not taking care of myself". I can ABSOLUTELY tell you that I am spiraling back into old habits and now the real work is getting ready to take place. I haven't been on this site because of fear and not reading a lot about the "challenges". How many people have stopped coming because they are back in that dark place.

Any and all moral support is graciously appreciated...I'm going to go back on liquids and start the pre and post op diet to see if I can gradually get back in the game.

Thanks everyone....just needed to be accountable to people who understand versus people who are watching everything I do...

Caro

Caro,

Firstly, well done on your total loss... what a great success you have had to date. Secondly, well done on popping back to the board and looking for support from fellow sleevers.

It sounds to me that you are back int he seat already... you have a plan of action and coming on here will help you to stay focused...well, at least it does me.

I think that if you cut the Snacks and eat the Protein first and then a few good carbs, you'll be fine...

I wish you every success in the final steps; to get rid of those 12lbs and then some.... Good luck and let us know how you get on =]

Thanks Coop! Lesson learned for today....

Hungry or not hungry...that is the question? Today was my first day of really being focused about what I'm putting in my body. Very interesting as I had a "feeling" in my stomach that one could possibly mistake for hunger; HOWEVER! I drank liquids all day and did not suffer at all...as a matter of fact, I am trying focus on "being in the moment" and truly assessing if it's hunger, thurst or JUST MY IMAGINATION RUNNING AWAY WITH ME! I can absolutely tell you that I'm an emotional eater...happy, sad, borded....

So, accomplishments for the day:

- walked one mile this morning

- drank all my Water

- at all my Protein

- didn't get on my pity pot!

Thanks for a good day God! Good night folks and may all of you continue in your own successful personal journeys...difficulties and all!

Caro

I think it's important to remember that being at goal does not equal not watching our weight anymore. If you notice you have gained more than the average few pounds, then you need to get back to what worked for you in your weight loss phase.

For me, I'll always do the 60g total carbs and workout sessions and around 1,000 calories total per day and most importantly NO SALT AND NO SUGAR!!!. For me, my losses were as simple as that.Whatever you did to lose all your excess weight and get to goal, that's what you need to get back and do.