Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Me on a Binge

pumpkin07
Sign in to follow this  

Today I had to sit in on an employee termination...an employee that had been a personal friend of mine. And our sons are friends. Ultimately she wanted me to save her, and I couldn't cast that vote. It was not easy.

So I binged...The binge was a whataburger JR with no cheese. And french fries, probably 10. I couldn't finish the bread of course. I washed it down with sips of ...yes....should I say it...iced tea.

A long time ago what would that binge have been?

I am so full I'm hiccuping.

I had been a supervisor in a past life and had to terminated someone. It has to be so much harder when they are a friend. I would not consider this a binge as you still focused on Protein first. For me it would have been hot loaf of french bread with a tub of butter---lots of carbs and fat. Hope it wil work out for you.

Went to Buffalo Wild Wings for a surprise birthday party for a coworker a few nights ago and I binged too! There was a sampler platter of appetizers and I ate a small onion ring, a mozzarella cheese stick and 2 chips with nacho stuff on it. And THEN.....I spent the rest of the evening working on a big ole glass of iced tea! I was so full that when the wings came, which I had decided I would take home with me, I couldn't even eat one! lol - I managed to moved them around on the table and they were eaten by others without anyone noticing that I didn't eat them. I felt a little guilty about what I had eaten, but when I was driving home I got to thinking about what the OLD me would have eaten - all of the onion rings, all of the mozzarella sticks and at least most of the nachos if not all of them and THEN I would have stuffed in the wings too! I know that was a poor choice as far as food goes on my part, but in a way it was also a small victory because I ate so little!

Kathy

We are all human & we all make poor choices sometimes - especially when we are stressed.

My husband has no weight issues & he overindulges sometimes too.

Best thing to do? Think about why you did it ... Really explore how it made you feel ... How did you feel before, during, and after. If you can honestly say it helped, then don't beat yourself up. If it made you feel worse, don't beat yourself up. Learn from it, get back on track and move forward. Your next meal is still your next meal - make better choices then.

And for the record, your binge was pretty sensible considering what you could have done. :)

Today I had to sit in on an employee termination...an employee that had been a personal friend of mine. And our sons are friends. Ultimately she wanted me to save her, and I couldn't cast that vote. It was not easy.

So I binged...The binge was a whataburger JR with no cheese. And french fries, probably 10. I couldn't finish the bread of course. I washed it down with sips of ...yes....should I say it...iced tea.

As a nursing supervisor of the metropolitan health district let me tell you that terminating someone isn't a highlight of my life. . it is really important too, not to attach yourself to your employees. . I always have to remember that they are subordinates to me, you can't be friends with them. . . you can support them and help them, but when it comes to friends, thats a no no. . .after 10 years of doing this job it gets easier. . .

Your binge wasn't really a binge, just think how it could have been? a whole bag of M&M's or some bakery goodie, ice creams, etc. . . but it wasn't and that is the good part. . . we're all human we makes ooopppsss along the pathway but we jump up get back onto the path and travel it. . . as long as the ooopppsss aren't everyday. . . you'll be ok!

PS. . . at least you won't have to eat anymore today!

Pumpkin07 - how funny!! A binge now sure has changed for us, hasn't it? I have to say, I bet 10 fries were a lot....if you're hiccuping, you are full!!! Our lives have changed!!

At least you can pinpoint why you binged, I have been binging lately and there is no clear-cut reason why that I can point to. I really don't know what is wrong, just know that I'm feeling depressed, I've stopped going to the gym every day, and for 3 days my eating was over 1000 calories and I ate stuff like pepperoni, chocolate pudding, and microwave chocolate cake. It didn't even taste good (well the pepperoni did) and it definitely didn't make me feel better.

I'm with you. Today I hate 2 chicken strips from Chick-fil-a then later a 6 piece nuggest and later the fries...wtf....Going out to eat is certinaly my downfall

Thanks everybody. haha This all makes me laugh. I was kinda kiddin. I was laughing at my binge bc it was so 'cute' (compared to the olden days which were NOT pretty).

Nothing like a good 'ol burger. .

But heck I've been at a stall for 2 months and guess what...that darn whataburger somehow BROKE MY STALL and I lost 2.5 lbs... AND an employee.

A few things are amazing...french fries taste like oily greasy grease now for the most part. No matter how fresh they just taste like old grease...which lets face it.

Lettuce and Tomato are amazing now on a burger...and the smell as you bite into a burger...but no more raw onion, pickle, jalapeno for me. Even cheese is just kind of blah ruinning the sandwich. Unless it would be real cheese I still like that.

Yummm I feel like eatng a burger now, I'm glad i have some frozen meat, I'm definetly making some healthy home made burgers for lunch today with my daughter who's off school today with an injured foot :P

I just had a really fun vision about something when I read pumpkin's last reply. . . worker ants. . . isn't it neat how when one of us seems to falter we are run out like worker ants and come to the aid of the injured ant? We try to bolster and help the ant and get it back on track so that it can wander it's path with the rest of the ants. . . interesting analogy

That is so true. We are an ant pile of sleeve sister-brother people.

:lol: :lol: LMAO, visioning the ant people! You guys make my day everyday! Love ya all!

This is day 5 and I'm sipping, sipping, sipping......! A hamburger sounds really great! Actually, I would like a Wendy's $.99 chicken sandwich. Will I really ever eat like a normal person again? Really? Are you sure? Just joking! hehehe

I love the support and friendships this site has created. I found a "sister" who lives 9 hours away from me who had her surgery 3 days before me. We've exchanged phone numbers and keep in touch with email also. This site is awesome! :o)