Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texas bandster

Guest Starkon

Hi.

I live in Round Rock. I am scheduled for surgery on September 18th. I am using Dr. Marquez from Capital Surgeons.

I am anxious and apprenhensive. I am 6'2" and weigh 470 lbs right now.. I have High Blood Pressure and other health problems.

I am ready to take the plunge..... Keep my fingers crossed and see what happens.

I am a Texas Bandster!! I was banded on 8-20-03 by Dr. Speigel!! Yesterday was 2 weeks post-op and I feel wonderful! Can't really tell I had surgery! Great to join YA'LL!!

Hi Everyone!

I was banded by Dr. Carter on 6/23/03. So far I have been doing well with a weight loss of 42 lbs in 11 weeks. I am very happy with my band. I have not PB'd and I presently have 1.75 CC in my band to date and I have had two fills. Good to see so many of us here.!!!

Babs in TX 334/292/180

I was banded 10/03 in College station texas by dr benavides from grand prarie. I have had 3 fills and i am at 1.5 cc's. I am down about 65 lbs. Any one else out there banded by Bena?

I was banded 5/2004, Dr. Spivak, Houston. Great surgeon! Down 34 lbs., off most RXs, riding bike daily, feel great! Yippee!

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and I am trying to get all my paperwork in order. I have enjoyed reading all of the fantastic information and positive comments about being banded.

I attended Dr. Carter's seminar, went to the psyc, got the PCP to write letter and perform test for sleep apnea (positive result) and I have a BMI of 41. My insurance is BC/BS of MA.

I have a RX for phen-phen dated 4-7-98. That is the last medical treatment for weightloss and that Doc doesn't have records any longer nor does the pharmacy. At least I have the bottle.

I am trying to get someone in Carter's ofc to call me back. I am ready to look for a new doc in the DFW area.

I could really use some pointers for the next steps.

Terri

Terri, do you have any health problems, in addition to the sleep apnea? high blood pressure, diabetes, asthma, hiatal hernia, gastric reflux, arthritis, ect.? Have you tried other methods of weight loss? Slimfast, Weight Watchers, Atkins Diet, Metolife, dr. supervised diets, diet plans from friends and/or magazines, fasting, etc? Anything that you can remember, make a list of and give your dr. to help document your medical need for the surgery for your insurance company to make a decsion. Do you know for a fact that your health insurance covers the Lapband procedure? Have you checked w/ your insurance coordinator to find out if weight loss surgery is a specific exclusion in your ins. policy? Some cover all weight loss surgery, others only gastric by pass, while others exclude all weight loss surgery. Are you prepared to appeal, if you're denied? Good luck on your quest!

Guest KayTeeEss

Hiya,

I am in Mesquite, just southeast of Dallas. When I am feeling discouraged it always helps to talk (in person) to another banded person. Lets consider meeting sometime in the future...a place where they have Soup...

Marie,

I have already checked with INS and they will pay for it. They just started in April of this year. They opened a claim for me already and were really nice to work with so far, but she said that ALL documentation had to be specific and gave me all of the specifics.

My new PCP has documented my medifast, slimfast,phen-phen, etc. He has even typed a letter recommending the surgery.

I have strong family history of heart dissease (mom had pacemaker put in her 20's) and diabetes. Other than sleep Apnea and high cholesterol, I am healthy and grateful for that, but worried that at 40, my next 40 years will not be as healthy.

Terri

Guest lucky

Hey Larry and other Texians,

I'm from Weatherford myself. I'm five weeks post op and I've lost 20 pounds. I was banded in Mexico. Any other Texans banded in Mexico by Dr. Rodriguez?

Pam

Hey everyone. I am in Waco. I was banded in Dallas by Nirmal Jayaseelan, and I am extremely happy with the him his staff and the surgery . Let's all keep in touch.

Donna

Banded 7/23/04

286/268/160

welcome donna! central texas, my favorite part :mad: I went to high school in Temple. I loved my time spent there. Welcome to the forum! Feel free to browse all the different sections for lots of information on the banded life!

Leatha