Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anybody Else Worry About This

I haven't seen my "real" face in over 20 years. So I'm kind of scared about what it will look like when I lose all the weight. My face will age from my late 20s to my late 40s in just a matter of months. I've not got any wrinkles yet because my fat puffs them all out. :) So I'm really curious and nervous about how lined my face will be.

I'm hoping my fair complexion with minimal sun over the years will help, but I still know I will look a lot older once the weight is gone.

Anybody else think about this or am I just a little too weird?

Lisa

I was curious in the beginning of my journey. So the day before surgery I took a close up of my face.. and, I will continue to take them as I go along so I can take note of the changes :)

Yep, me too. I've been overweight for 30 years and morbidly obese for the last 7 or so. I've lost 70+ pounds so far and am SHOCKED at what I see in the mirror! I expect to see my old punkin' faced Charlie Brown head but see this slim faced man looking back at me. I'm beginning to look like my dad more and more!

My eye glasses are no longer putting a rut on the side of my face either and I DON'T look goofy in sunglasses - like they are too small for me.

It's great.

Everyone tells me I look 10 years younger after my weight loss. My face has changed probably 10-20 times over the last 20 months. My wrinkles/fine lines don't really show unless I'm smiling, and yes, I want botox and collagen because when I had fat, little round face, I had zero wrinkles. Not so much anymore, but I'll take wrinkles over fat rolls any day of the week.

It's been a huge change in the shape of my face. I had a round face pre-op, it's now oval, and I have a distinct jaw line and chin which is a big bonus.

I don't want to sound conceited, but I rarely complement myself. All I can say is I can't wait to see what my face will look like. I can make fat look pretty, at least somewhat from my chin up, and I'll feel so much better afterwards. I've been very self concious of my droopy chin too, so that will be great! BTW, the picture on my profile is an old picture of me, about 120 lbs less than I am now.

Everyone tells me I look 10 years younger after my weight loss. My face has changed probably 10-20 times over the last 20 months. My wrinkles/fine lines don't really show unless I'm smiling, and yes, I want botox and collagen because when I had fat, little round face, I had zero wrinkles. Not so much anymore, but I'll take wrinkles over fat rolls any day of the week.

It's been a huge change in the shape of my face. I had a round face pre-op, it's now oval, and I have a distinct jaw line and chin which is a big bonus.

I'm certainly not concerned enough to NOT have the surgery. But it amazes me all the things I keep thinking of that will be changed. It will definitely be an adventure. One that I am SO READY for!

Lisa

I have no idea what my face will look like when I lose weight! I've tried standing in the mirror and imagining, but I just can't picture myself. I've always been chubby, so I can't compare anything.

I'm looking forward to not having more than one chin though.

I definitely look younger now. I'm 26 and before, people would assume I was in my late 20s or early 30s and I got called "M'am" by strangers. Now it's "Miss" and no one ever thinks I'm older than I actually am.

I still have a lot of weight left to lose but people are telling me now I look younger. My neck on the other hand . . .

I was afraid of that too, but for some strange reason my face hardly has any wrinkles after losing 56 lbs!! Everbody says how much younger I look, I'll be 42 in less than 2 months but now people think I'm in my early 30's!!! Having said that if they see yu tummy they will think I'm in my 60's, horrible, wrinkly, but nothing that surgery can't fix and I can cover it up for the time being, I have no intention of getting back into a bikini like in my 20's so all is good :D

I know. I feel that my face looks good considering I weight 250lbs!! I think that when I lose the weight I may actually look my age though (I"m only 22), which could be good.

I would not say worry as much as I would excited. I've been excessively overweight since my teens. I can't wait to find out what I look like under all of this extra.

I remember losing like 50lbs in high school and my face went from cute to odd... I honestly don't like my face thin... but I like my body being thin more...I am just starting my journey on getting this surgery...my first official doc appt is this week. I'm willing to learn new makeup and hair styles just to feel better.

I am 39, so I'm thinking yeah, when I'm done I will probably have wrinkles that I never had before. But as Tiffany said, I will take wrinkles over fat any day. Being fat puffs up your face SO much. When the first 20lbs dropped off that was the most common thing I heard "I see it in your FACE" and they were right!

I haven't seen my "real" face in over 20 years. So I'm kind of scared about what it will look like when I lose all the weight. My face will age from my late 20s to my late 40s in just a matter of months. I've not got any wrinkles yet because my fat puffs them all out. :) So I'm really curious and nervous about how lined my face will be.

I'm hoping my fair complexion with minimal sun over the years will help, but I still know I will look a lot older once the weight is gone.

Anybody else think about this or am I just a little too weird?

Lisa

I know, I know, vanity is one of the 7 deadly sins, but you know what I don't care I look more younger now then I did when I was fat. . . actually I have a brother whose 10 years younger than me and a sister whose 2 years younger and I was asked if i'm the youngest! I loved it. . . then my daughter whose 21 and I were taking pictures which she posted on her Facebook and one of her friends who doesn't know me from adam, asked her if I was her sister???? SOOOOOOO I guess it's all in how you take it. . . but girl I'm glad mine turned out this way. . .my hair now on the other side well thats another story, but i'd rather be thin and beautiful and have extremely thin hair then obese, and thick hair. . . good luck! No your not weird. . . very good question!

PS. . . oh by the way I'm 50