Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Las Vegas people out there?

:roll: :roll: Momof4

I heard of a Doc on Cheyenne who does fills. I think his name is Dr. Lee. I am scheduled for surgery on thrusday July 13 now so I really don't have to worry for a few weeks. Thanks for the info though. I'll keep it on hand.

continued success

Hello Hottiebell,

right now I am more nervous about going to TJ than surgery. But I keep telling myself that I will be accompanied back and forth so I guess it will be OK.

I appreciate the information. There is allot of talk about people who go to Mexico and I am weighing the advantages to having it done here vs Mexico. My greatest fear is if something goes wrong in Mexico and my insurance wont cover it here. Dr. Fisher is the prefered provider for my current insurance carrier. I just cant get approved fast enough.

BettyBoo

I was jerked around by my insurance carrier so I went self pay. I hope you have better luck than I did.

Hi,

I'm REALLY new to this site, but I'm excited to find people who have been banded in Las Vegas. Just last week, I scheduled my banding with Dr. Ortiz in Mexico for August 7th. I'm SO excited, though nervousness hit me a bit today.

I'm self-paying because I'm a Las Vegas teacher, and our insurance refuses to pay for any bariatric surgery no matter what including 3 doctors writing letters of medical necessity. Sorry if I'm venting a bit. I absolutely love teaching. I'm just frustrated that apparently Medicaid pays for surgery but teachers are on their own.

Ok, back to positive. I'm excited that my life is about to change. Heck, I even bought a bicycle for when I get down enough weight to ride that puppy!!!

EvilMach,

Where did you have your surgery? I was also banded on 6/20. Are you starving for solid or at least mushy food?

I live in Las Vegas - Northwest and workout at LVAC on Rainbow.......

I had my surgery at North Vista. I was doing great as far as not having any cravings until that time of the month came for the 1st time this week and boy was it hard. I did have some sweets and it hit me like a freight train. I was bouncing off the walls like a kid with ADD.

I'm ready for mushy's now and I'm looking forward to it for sure. Going for my 6 wk check up on the 27th but I've lost 24.5 lbs to date

Nevada,

Thanks for the info. After reading your post, I investigated and there is someone on Cheyenne that gives fills. It's good to know that there is some place I can go when my doc's office is too busy to care.:rolleyes:

Tricia H

Hi Koala

Don't be nervous I just got back from Dr. Ortiz's. My surgery was Thursday the 13th. All went well. The staff is wonderful and the hotel is nice. I sat by the pool for hours.

Coincidence - I was googling bicycles this weekend.:clap2:

Good luck.

Hi,

I'm REALLY new to this site, but I'm excited to find people who have been banded in Las Vegas. Just last week, I scheduled my banding with Dr. Ortiz in Mexico for August 7th. I'm SO excited, though nervousness hit me a bit today.

I'm self-paying because I'm a Las Vegas teacher, and our insurance refuses to pay for any bariatric surgery no matter what including 3 doctors writing letters of medical necessity. Sorry if I'm venting a bit. I absolutely love teaching. I'm just frustrated that apparently Medicaid pays for surgery but teachers are on their own.

Ok, back to positive. I'm excited that my life is about to change. Heck, I even bought a bicycle for when I get down enough weight to ride that puppy!!!

Hey Koala! Welcome to the site. I guess the Nevada Thread isnt as active as the rest, but we can change that! I am not banded, I am still in the insurance approval stage. Hoping and praying that I will be approved. Without it, I cant have the surgery. Mother of two, single....My friend Hootiebelle had the surgery in early June. She was banded by Dr. Ortiz and she loved the facility, it wasnt a dive place, it was nice, clean and she is doing great! I think shes lost about 25 lbs now..She even liked Dr. Ortiz! If I get a windfall, the first thing I am doing is having the surgery in Mexico. Are you all set up for fills? I know someone who knows someone who is going to be offering fills. Shes a licensed practicioner (spelled wrong I know). Anyway, welcome to the site.....Betty Boo!

Nevada,

Did you see Dr. Ortiz? He is a wonderful Dr and has a great staff. A friend of mine also had surgery on July 14th I believe but I thought she was the only one. Something about the Dr having to attend a seminar and cancelling all the other surgeries?

So how is everyone doing? Any updates on who will fill those of us who had surgery in Mexico? I did go back to Dr. Ortiz's office last week for my first fill and will go back for the next one but it would be nice to have someone here as an option.

Advice for those of us who had surgery in Mexico and have an emergency with our Lap Band; make sure you go to a local Hospital that is familiar with the Lap band, i.e., Desert Springs, Lake Mead (North VIsta). Your insurance should cover it to as it would be an emergency. They did for a friend of mine anyway. She had to have the band removed (it was placed in Mexico) and insurance covered all. The Hospital (st Rose) didnt know what to do with her when she came into the emergency room though. Thankfully there was a Dr. passing through that was able to help.

We now have a fill center listed in NV I believe Ortiz is one of the company founders....I e-mailed and there is no floro.....Dr Teng may see you after reading your op report...Dr Fisher is crazy with the money he wants as a surcharge........I still want floro but here is the link to fillcenters usa

http://www.fillcentersusa.com/

Hi everyone! I am a native Las Vegan (yes, they really do exist!) and a patient of Dr. Francis Teng. I started researching the Lapband years ago, originally with other doctors, but when I went to Dr. Teng's seminar, support group, and then a one-on-one visit, I just felt that he was the right surgeon for me. I can honestly say that I have been nothing but pleased with him, his office staff, the hospital, and the band so far. I was banded on July 13th at Mountain View Hospital (which would be a good hospital to go to in a Lapband emergency - they are VERY familiar with Lapbands and Dr. Teng is right next door). I've lost 21 pounds so far and just got my first fill today. I will be 5 weeks out tomorrow, which is a little earlier than Dr. Teng likes to do the fills, but he did do it. I have Clark County Self Funded Insurance and was actually the first patient to have been approved by them to have the Lapband. Previously, they only approved Bypass surgeries. It is so nice to have this website and it is nice to be able to talk to other locals to hear about their experiences. I don't get a chance to get on here as often anymore, but I do look forward to getting to know you all!