Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so last week I posted a topic on here about some really bad pain I was having in my left shoulder and left rib area. Some responded back and I do appriciate that, and to those of you that did here is an update on what's going on with me at this moment. As of Sunday January 23 I was hospitalized for pneumonia as well as an absess on the outside of my left lung and Fluid built up around my diaphragm "a leak from the stomach". The 2 together are very VERY painful and leave me in a feeling of wanting to cry all the time. My family came up from Oklahoma for a day and a half to stay with me at the hospital, but work calls them home. Dear Hubby is staying at home with the children "no body to baby sit 2 kids for an undetermined amount of time". I know this is a minor set back and I plan to jump back out there with my shoes on and my mind focused. Right now I just have to focus on healing.

To all out there that have any doubts about the pain you are feeling don't be afraid to get it checked out. Never be AFRAID!! If I could have stuck to that myself I wouldn't be where I am at today in a hospital unable to eat/drink anything because of a leak, and pneumonia..

I am so sorry to hear this. I don't remember your original post (sorry), but your symptoms seem so common to what many of us experienced post-op due to gas and bloating. So glad that you were able to get checked out & a treatment started. Best wishes for a fast and full recovery!!!!

You are in the best place for a speedy recovery... take care of yourself and get well soon... the rest will fall in place! =]

So sorry this has happened -- I hope you get better soon! will be keeping you in my prayers :)

WOW Feel better soon!!!

I also missed your original post and am SO sorry you are going through this! Such excellent advice to get things checked out when you have issues or concerns.

And even though you are going through an incredibly scary and rough time, I am so happy to see that you are staying positive and know that this too shall pass and you can pick up and move forward. I think attitude plays a huge part in our lives and how we frame our thinking. STAY POSITIVE and thank you for posting your story so that others can benefit.

You really are going through a lot, it must be hard to be away from your family. But I'm sure you will be home soon enough and will be able to move on with your life. Hope you feel better soon, Janine

Thank You all.. In the original post I had talked about how I was having pain in my left shoulder "above the left breast, bellow the collar bone" and how it was down in my left ribs. I had called my surgeons office about it and they said it sounded like normal excess gas pains from surgery "They have some patiants that complain with gas pains 3 months out" They told me to take it easy and if it didn't get better in a few days to call them back. That was Tuesday that I was finally able to talk to them. Friday I called back because I couldn't take them pain any longer. It was to much for me to be comfortable with, and I was already a big cry baby that day because I was hurting all week. Anyway off subject I called the surgeons office back and they told me that if its hurting still then I need to go to the nearest ER and get it looked at it didn't sound like it was gas pains any longer. The first hospital I went to was in our home town. We sat there and waited for hours before finally getting called back and after they took me back they stuck me twice to put an iv in. Finally i went back for what I thought was a complete CT Scan of my abdomin "boy was I wrong" They scanned my heart and the top part of my lungs for blood clots said everything was clear and perfect and that I could go home. The following night "Saturday" we had dinner with hubby's boss and co-workers. I felt ok "still in pain" so I sat back and listened to everyone chat around 8 I couldn't take it anymore we had to go home. By the time we left the restaraunt and got home my temp was 103.2 I took some tyelnol and a cool shower and went to bed. All night long I ran fever as high as 104.7 and as low as 102.9. Finally hubby was able to get ahold of my surgeon and thank goodness for that. He told hubby to bring me straight to the hospital he was calling ahead for test, but he wanted me here asap. That was around 9:30 we live an hour away so I got here around noon. Got checked in and the test started. First on the list was the chest x-ray which showed pneumonia 2nd on the list was blood work which showed elevated white blood cell count. 3rd on the list came around 10 that night and that was the Contrast CT Scan of my abdonimal area all the way down to my pelvis. That is what showed the Fluid build up around the diaphragm and the absess on the outside of the lung. It was from that ever so scary OMG What if It happens to Me Leak!! I never knew I had it and never felt any pain in my stomach/abdominal area. It was always in my chest/shoulder and down my ribs all where the pain from pneumonia presents. I am not pleased with the hospital in our home town and will probably never use them again simply because had they found this Friday Night I would probably be typing this at home instead of in a hospital room over an hour away from my family,,

That sucks kid. I am glad you are in a hospital. Glad your getting help. Scary thing, cause you didn't know. Curious, how did pneumonia set-in? How did you get an abscess on the outside of your lung (stomach acid?).