Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had a case of vertigo about a year before my surgery, but wow, it seems to have come back with a vengence.....Its about to drive me crazy...anyone else have this :blink: Or what can I do to make it go away :huh:

It may be LOW blood sugar, do you have a meter you can check it with? THey are very inexpensive, with strips and lancets it shouldn't run you more than 30 dollars. Have you gotten ANY liquids down? Perhaps a Protein shake - I know they aren't the best but I use Boost by Nestle. The others I tried gagged me something awful.

A tip I learned from a physical therapist is to pinch your left pinky finger just at the first joint (next to the nail), for some reason it clears up vertigo in a lot of people.

Baring the above check with your doctor, it may be just emotional / shock too.

I wish you well!

What are your symptoms? I too have been having weird issues since surgery, but don't know if it's related to hormonal changes in my body due to rapid weight loss. I get these weird prisms in my eyes, get a sense of dizziness or imbalance, and have blacked out spots in my vision. Conveniently, I just had my annual eye exam, and the eye doc said everything physically looked fine, so that was a relief. He mentioned that it was probably ocular Migraines - basically the Migraine symptoms without the headache. Could this be it? Or do you have a history with vertigo that you know that's what it is? Just curious if anyone else out there has experienced more frequent migraines or related symptoms after surgery versus before. Thanks for any thoughts!

It could be related to your blood pressure dropping as well.

Look up orthostatic hypotension and see if your symptoms match the ones listed. It could be any number of things including low blood pressure, anemia, or slight dehydration.

Exactly what Tiffykins said... I did have it for awhile and during a Dr. visit for this very reason she took my off one of my blood pressure medications. She said I didn't need it anymore - yay!! That was a good ending to a scary story. Get it checked by your Dr. Good luck!!!

My vote is hypotension. Before the sleeve, my blood pressure was borderline high -- 138/95. Now that I've dropped >80 lbs, my blood pressure is almost low: 105/70. This is very good in most ways, but it means that standing up fast or getting dehydrated or other things that can drop your BP futher can make me very dizzy and wobbly for a few moments until my blood pressure stabilizes.

I don't know if this is the same thing that's happening to you, but if it's primarily positional -- IE, it mostly happens when you stand up fast -- then it's likely not a huge concern. Of course, as always -- talk to your doc :)

hi, back in 2009 was my 1st bout with VERTIGO (ugh i hate it), i've had about 6 episodes, though none lately. i have never had an issue with high BP or diabetes, so when they sent me through tests to find out what was causing it...they simply said it was an imbalance in my equalibrium (the fluids between my ears). i am staying prayed up and fingers crossed, hoping i don't ever experience that again...worst feeling ever...hope you feel better!!!

I have vertigo, it's terrible. There's no cure, that I am aware of.

I have been having trouble with a cluster of symptoms lately: dizziness, light sensitivity, nausea and vomiting (sometimes). I've read up on the internet and saw that low blood pressure could cause them, so I took my blood pressure the last time it happened. Yep, it was low.

I've never had this before the surgery, but it has happened 4 times since. I need to go to my doctor, I know, but I have no health insurance now. I'll bite the bullet and go anyway.

From what I've read, my chief suspects are: dehydration (I still am challenged to drink much Water at a time), or possibly my prozac needs to be adjusted (it could cause low blood pressure).

Anyone else with this problem?

Thanks everyone...I have to say I think it was mainly because I was dehydrated....although I never got it checked out, but now Im feeling much much better, able to drink fluids better and like Im supposed to and now I dont have the episodes like I was having...It was bad for a few days....I know bad of me for not getting it checked...Im just thankful that it worked itself out. I keep a bottle of Water with me at all times now! :D

Oh, and Im 7wks post op and down 30#s since surgery, 49#'s over all....so not too shabby!

You will need a spotter to try this. The spotter watches your eyes closely.

Lie down on your right side. The spotter checks to see if your eyes begin to roll in circles or jump about. Sounds weird I know, and it feels strange too.

Turn over to your left side. Spotter checks again.

If it is obvious that your eyes are rolling in circles/jumping, you probably have Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV). You can look it up on the internet. It was considered untreatable and people just had to wait for the symptoms to subside (which they usually do). Now there is something called the Epley/Semont maneuvers which knowledgeable doctors perform in the office. It's something very bizarre to experience. I thought my doctor was crazy. Nevertheless, it worked.

BPPV is the most common cause of vertigo and dizziness.

What are your symptoms? I too have been having weird issues since surgery, but don't know if it's related to hormonal changes in my body due to rapid weight loss. I get these weird prisms in my eyes, get a sense of dizziness or imbalance, and have blacked out spots in my vision. Conveniently, I just had my annual eye exam, and the eye doc said everything physically looked fine, so that was a relief. He mentioned that it was probably ocular Migraines - basically the Migraine symptoms without the headache. Could this be it? Or do you have a history with vertigo that you know that's what it is? Just curious if anyone else out there has experienced more frequent migraines or related symptoms after surgery versus before. Thanks for any thoughts!

I get these weird prisms in my eyes, get a sense of dizziness or imbalance, I had my vision even a scan on my brain, nothing......... My vision is getting better but I dont know why this has happen to me, same with the Doctor's..........