Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was wondering about sizes post op

I was wondering what size you were when you began maintenance? I was also wondering what size you were at 150lbs? I'm thinking of making that my goal, but I can't remember what size I was when I was that weight.

I'm currently 245lbs. and a size 20 at 5'3" and wondering if even 150lbs. is a realistic goal at this point.

Thanks!

I'm between 6 and 8 now, at 146. Not maintaining yet (lost 3 lbs this week). I was a loose 8 at 150 - I'm 5'5" tall.

We are very similary. I started my journey at 232 and I am 5'4". I am currently stalled at 188 but I am wanting to get down to between 125 or 130. I think I will keep changing this goal as time goes by but 125 is my absolute lowest I want to be. Sizes are so different then what they were 30 years ago. Clothing size is just a number, the goal is being healthy and happy with wear we are.

So. true. I just want to be able to run after my son and catch him. lol. If I can do that I will be happy. I would like to look hot too, but that may just have to be the added bonus :P

When I was 140-150lbs I was in a size 6-8. I am 5'3 and when I started my supervised diet in March 2010 I was 254. My goal is 140lbs.. The doctor that did my surgery was clear that 140lbs for my height is a reasonable goal. He then went on to tell me I could loose down to 130 and it still be reasonable..

Sizes have changes a lot.. around 1980 I weighed 146 and worked out, I was a size 11-13. I'm, 5'9" It sounds like now it would be around a 6-8.....Vanity!

My doc asked me if I would like to lose 50 lbs. I weighed 250 in his office...I said yes, but would like to lose more... he has lower expectations than I about weight, but the same expectations in health. He also told me he believed that the sleeve will likely gain more weight back in the long run than RNY. I guess we don't agree on that one, but the results are not in yet....I hope to prove him wrong on that one!

He also told me he believed that the sleeve will likely gain more weight back in the long run than RNY. I guess we don't agree on that one, but the results are not in yet....I hope to prove him wrong on that one!

I guess we'll ALL have to prove him wrong, then! :horn:

I guess we'll ALL have to prove him wrong, then! :horn:

Then lets do it! I think being on this forum really gives us all a better chance at success. Being isolated is not what is needed now.

I am 5'4" and hope to lose down to 135 lbs. At my first appointment with the surgeon, I weighed 250 lbs and he told me that 135 for my height was a good goal. I anticipate that I'll be happy losing 100 -110 lbs. I began this journey due to uncontrolled diabetes - despite being on 2 types of insulin and metformin, my A1C was above 8 - very dangerous. Reducing my medications was my main goal - but I won't be sad to get back into regular size clothing! And, maybe, I'll even look at a bathing suit again. :P

I'm 5'2", and at 150 I was in a size 8-10 depending on the brand, and cut of the jeans. Now, at 125-130lbs, I wear a size 2 rarely a size 4 anymore. Size vary, and have changed dramatically over the last 10-15 years. Vanity sizing is extremely popular. I know at 125lbs 10 years ago, I'd be no where near a size 2, but I'll take it for today's sizing. I started at 270lbs and 150lbs was my goal weight. I mainly wanted to get to single digits in the size world. I never imagined getting this "small".

Well I am taller at 5'8" and I weigh 154 and my 10's are getting loose. I probably could get into some 8's but haven't bought any yet.

Thank you all. I'm also wondering if my goal should be maybe a little lower in case of rebounding, so I'll settle around 150?

It took my body 4-5 months to settle around 125, and now I bounce around between 125-130. Goals can be adjusted as you go, and how your body feels.

I wasn't prepared to continue to lose weight. I was content at 150lb, heck I was ecstatic at 175, but I can say that I had to "let go" and realize my body would settle wherever it was comfortable. It took a few months to accept, and realize that I was going to be 125ish lbs.

I admit that I always said a little regain wouldn't bother me, BUT let me tell ya, I see 130lbs on the scale and I kind of get freaked out. I think it's the old mindset of "holy crap, I'm gaining weight". In reality, it's Water weight, and I can go back to the basics, and follow the rules, stick to my "better choices", and I can lose weight really easily.

Once you get to maintenance, you can reevaluate things, and figure out what works best for your body.

I must be a bit more "hippy" than the rest of the ladies who posted above. Lol. I'm 165 right now and am in size 14's (which are starting to get loose). But I'm wearing size medium shirts, so I'm not complaining! I remember the last time I was at 150 and I wore 10's or 12's. But, as I mentioned, I have lots of booty and hips, so I tend to be a bit larger in the numbers when it comes to jeans. Hope that helps for the curvier girls out there! :)