Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tri Care said NO! But have other questions

I have helped others...but, I will repeat it. Dr. T. Ryan Heider in Mooresville,NC. Look him up on Obesityhelp.com and see what others have to say about him, including me. I identified myself in my testomonial on him. Good Luck all!

I have lost 48lbs since being sleeved May3rd. Halfway there...

One of these days I'm going to write a post about why NOT to get your sleeve surgery in Mexico to answer a lot of these questions and bring up issues concerning this. BTW, I got my surgery in Mexico in December.

While I suspect that most places, even Mexican, have some standards I have YET to hear of one person being turned down by them. If you have the cash and are fat they would probably operate on you the same day.

I went here: http://www.hospitaljerusalem.com.mx/ paid $5000 out of pocket (which MAY of been less than my co-pay & etc. had I gone with insurance) plus travel and hotel for 3 nights.

I am satisfied and realize I got exactly what I paid for. I've lost, well, look at my banner below. It's been a LOT easier than ANY diet I have EVER been on. I have some concerns on the fact that so far it has decimated my appetite and I am struggling to down more than 600 calories a day and I'm not getting quite enough Protein either. I hope this will get better - other's with longer experience with the sleeve have suggested it will.

MusclePharm Gel packs~~90 calories, sugarfree and 22 grams of protien in about a full tablespoon of gel

Calories 90 Calories From Fat 0 Total Fat 0g 0% Saturated Fat 0g 0% Trans Fat 0g 0% Cholesterol 0g 0% Total Carbohydrate 2g 1% Dietary Fiber 1g 4% Sugars 0g 0% Protein 22g 44% Sodium 25mg 1% Vitamin C 60mg 100% Riboflavin 1.7mg 100% Niacin 20mg 100% Vitamin B6 2mg 100% Pantothenic Acid 10mg 100% † Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet Ingredients: Water, Hydrolyzed collagen, whey Protein Isolate, Maltodextrin, Digestive Resistant Maltodextrin, Natural Flavors, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Malic Acid, Lactic Acid, Niacinamide, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Calcium Pantothenate, FD&C Yellow No 6, Pyridoxine HCL, Riboflavin, FD&C Red No 3 Allergen Warning: This Product Contains Egg And Ingredients From Milk. This Product Was Produced In A Facility That May Also Process Ingredients Containing Milk, Egg, Soybeans, Shellfish, Fish, Tree Nuts, And Peanuts.

WHY I CHOOSE MEXICO: I was having a LOT of health problems at 375 lbs and gaining - blood sugar was all over the place, BP was elevated, pulmonary problems made worse by my weight and joint problems. I never pursued insurance, I was privy to a conversation about 2 others in my company that have been "yanked around" by insurance for well over a year trying to get bariatric surgery. I just didn't want to wait, quite frankly I didn't think I would make it another year.

It was the right choice for ME.

Here is a product that has insure that I get the Protein I ned without having to drink a bunch of drinks that taste horrible~~MusclePharm Gel pack~~22 grams of protien, 90 calories sugarfree and there's about a full tablespoon of product to ingest. And no, I don't know that insurance code nor will I ask my Dr for it. He's got better things to do than to divulge that Tiff

Here is a product that has insure that I get the Protein I ned without having to drink a bunch of drinks that taste horrible~~MusclePharm Gel pack~~22 grams of protien, 90 calories sugarfree and there's about a full tablespoon of product to ingest. And no, I don't know that insurance code nor will I ask my Dr for it. He's got better things to do than to divulge that Tiff

Luckily, Medicare picked it up so hopefully VSG will be covered by Tricare. It'd be nice for this surgeon to share, but I think we've had this conversation before and I'll just quit asking for others to get help.

This is why I quit coming here, because of the posts like this. No consideration for anyone else, cloak and dagger when others are out here struggling to get coverage.

And you know all too well it's because of you that I quit coming here............have a good life..

Luckily, Medicare picked it up so hopefully VSG will be covered by Tricare. It'd be nice for this surgeon to share, but I think we've had this conversation before and I'll just quit asking for others to get help.

This is why I quit coming here, because of the posts like this. No consideration for anyone else, cloak and dagger when others are out here struggling to get coverage.

I have an opinion so here it goes I think we are here for the same reason to help one another and if u can help and make any effort to u should because every one is in the same boat or some of us has been .. I like to think we all our sleeve sisters and brothers ... So if you can help please do ... I'm not with tricare of have aetna but I read mostly all the post rather I have that insurance or not cause I like to think I might find info to help my sleeve brothers or sister so please keep it positive ladies .. I admire it and everyone of u good luck

Why the drama ?

I questioned how her surgeon was getting a non-covered procedure covered with Tricare after years of it being denied. Our bariatric program has been shut down at our MTF where I had my revision. Every spouse is getting referred off base and the band or bypass are the only allowable surgeries. Congressional complaints, appeals, and all the hoops have been filed and jumped through with zero approvals. We went round and round about it via private message some time last year. I should have recalled the screen name when she posted, but because I quit frequenting this forum, my memory lapsed. And, I was truly hoping it wouldn't be turned into a drama fest of my surgeon got it approved.

Other military wives are struggling to get this surgery. It's cloak and dagger stuff, and it saddens me that others have struggled for years, postponed surgery, or had to self-pay because the codes used won't get disclosed. It's all secretive and in my opinion unfair if there is a way to get it covered, yet the information can not be shared unless you go through this particular surgeon. Out of the hundreds of denials, how in the heck is this ONE surgeon getting approvals and getting paid by a government ran insurance program.

It really saddens me that this surgeon is not willing to help others in other states get approval. The rules of our insurance is strict enough as it is. IF there is a legal and legitimate way to get VSG covered with a civilian surgeon, it would help 1000s of other military wives/dependents who deserve to have the surgery they need.

Like I said, Medicare has approved it, Tricare will follow, hopefully sooner than later.

And you know all too well it's because of you that I quit coming here............have a good life..

If you can't comprehend how shady this situation appears that is totally on you. It's sad because so many could be helped rather than shuffling people to just this particular surgeon.

STFU tiff with your sanctimonious bullsh!t~~I did my part, gave my Dr's name and showed folks where my testomonial is so they know...I am not full of ****...

all needed done is go see him, altho it may be very inconvenient they will be able to get their goals accomplished without having it colored with your vitriolic/negative berating of me and others.

and this is the last time I will acknowledge you here, lol..or anywhere for that matter..so know this...and like I said..have a good life

"OUT"..here

Okay everyone, lets calm down. Please remember, this is a support forum. We are all here to help and support each other. Remember our rules, personal attacks are not permitted. Tiffany, it looks like you are simply trying to gain information that would help others who are suffering from obesity obtain the surgery and help they need. Has anyone tried contacting the doctor themselves?

I gave up on waiting for Tricare to get on the bandwagon with VSG...I don't want to die waiting. I was going to get the lap-band, but the surgeon's office submitted my paperwork with the post-diet weight so I got a big fat denial. In other words, I qualified when I got there, and that's the weight they should have submitted...or at least one that was over the required weight! I jumped through every hoop with them, including paying $800 out of pocket for all of the tests, and they screwed me over.

Long story short, it's been over a year since I was crushed by that, but I think that I was meant to do something better. I'm now scheduled to have a self-pay VSG done in Tijuana, Mexico...and getting approved was no hassle. I am age 38, 5'4", 230 lbs. with hypertension.

Making assumptions is not the way to go either...It would be nice if you knew the entire story, but I get it.....

yes, I'm mad about being taken out of context as the whole story is not known....I have provided the way/means, go ahead and vett me..that's easy enough to do...and held nothing back...I have been totally transparent...No reply neccessary.

Okay everyone, lets calm down. Please remember, this is a support forum. We are all here to help and support each other. Remember our rules, personal attacks are not permitted. Tiffany, it looks like you are simply trying to gain information that would help others who are suffering from obesity obtain the surgery and help they need. Has anyone tried contacting the doctor themselves?