Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Could use a little encouragement

Here's the thing. During my surgery we found out my uterine fibroid is significantly larger than we knew. I've been to a new gyno and he tells me my uterus is currently the size of a full term pregnancy and as I lose the weight I will look pregnant. (Which is so ridiculous at my nearly 48 years of age). We plan on a hysterectomy when the weight comes off and will have a Tummy Tuck at the same time.

I'm really frustrated. I want to see my stomach shrink. I am one of those "apple" body types and all my weight is in the middle. I know, once I have the surgery, it will be a night and day difference, I just want those little victories along the way. Besides, this thing is giving me tremendous lower back pain.

In addition, my husband and I have a huge 3 continent trip planned for November. I want to have the surgery by first week of August to give myself adequate time to recover. I feel a lot of pressure to get the weight of quickly and even though I've lost 36 pounds since my surgery two months ago, I'm not sure it will happen.

So…..so do y'all have any words of wisdom?

Thanks!

36lbs in 2 months - that's great. Keep doing whatever you're doing as that's good progress - ~4lbs/week! biggrin.gif When you were waiting for WLS I'm sure it felt like it'd never come round and it'll be the same with your other upcoming ops.

Keep it up! Go Girl!

Th other will work itself out.

Hi PlannerGirl, I'm so sorry to hear your going through a rough time with your fibroid. Just trust in your Dr's that they know what needs to be done for you. Regardless you are really doing a great job with your weight loss. 36 Lbs in two months is really really very good!! Just try as best you can to stay positive and all other things will fall into place.

I have you in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us in the loop on how you're doing!

I'm sorry about your fibroid, I'm sure that is painful. I think that does sound like a lot of pressure on yourself (to lose as much weight as possible before your removal/tummy tuck AND recover in time for your big trip) but I think with the sleeve, all things are possible. I would do the best you can by Aug. and if nothing else, put off the Tummy Tuck for another time.

Hang in there, I'm sure there is a lot of emotion tied to all of this.

Thanks to all of you for your words of wisdom, I really needed them today. I so appreciate the support of this group. You're terrific.

---Deborah

I had a hysterectomy at 44 due to enlarged uterus and fibroids. I would suggest having it removed soon. You will have a lot -of swelling in our lower stomach, you will gain some weight back due to the swelling and being inactive. It will take a good 6 to 8 weeks before you fell like you can even start exercising. It took me a full 6- 8 months to fully recover and get my stamina back I would do it all over again, it wonderful to not be bleeding to death from clots (sorry guys) and pain free . You can always have the Tummy Tuck later on.. just my 2 cents good luck!

I have to agree with Humpty Dumpty. I think the sooner you remove the fibroid, the better. What are the chances that the fibroid could turn malignant? What about it continuing to grow in size? Plus, if you were to do both surgeries together, what if they have difficulty with the fibroid and can't perform the Tummy Tuck? Being in the medical profession, I have seen too much happen that could have possibly been avoided.....not to scare you, but get it taken care of as quickly as possible!!!!

Im a physician assistant and I used to work with a plastic surgeon. We operated on a lot of massive weight loss patients and everything works out better and looks better if your weight is stable for at least a year. Your body will keep changing for awhile even after you have lost all of your weight. Good luck!

Im a physician assistant and I used to work with a plastic surgeon. We operated on a lot of massive weight loss patients and everything works out better and looks better if your weight is stable for at least a year. Your body will keep changing for awhile even after you have lost all of your weight. Good luck!

Interesting Sooon2bskinny! Is that why my clothes are getting smaller even though my weight isn't really going down significantly? Why does that happen? and the good news is that it gives me an extra year to save up for the TT...lol =]