Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my sleeve done 1/11/11 and i am always hungry. I don't want to slip and eat because i don't know what will happen. I just need a solution to this problem i go back to the doctor on 1/27/11

Are you taking a PPI? It may be that you are experiencing acid in your stomach that feels like hunger. I know that I am having a bit of that problem, but whenever I think I am hungry I realize that my stomach is a bit acidy, instead. I don't have a remedy, but that's just something that I noticed.

Are you taking a PPI? It may be that you are experiencing acid in your stomach that feels like hunger. I know that I am having a bit of that problem, but whenever I think I am hungry I realize that my stomach is a bit acidy, instead. I don't have a remedy, but that's just something that I noticed.

are you on regular food now? if so how is it? was it easy making the gradual steps from liquid to pureed to solid?

are you on regular food now? if so how is it? was it easy making the gradual steps from liquid to pureed to solid?

Hey Mikey,

I am making the transition now. So far, in the realm of "solid" foods I've tried fish and sushi, deli meats, and cheese. Those things seem to go down fine. I have yet to try other meats or veggies. I am going to try steamed broccoli and maybe some chicken stew this week.... going very gradually because I hate the idea of getting sick ;)

I had my sleeve done 1/11/11 and i am always hungry. I don't want to slip and eat because i don't know what will happen. I just need a solution to this problem i go back to the doctor on 1/27/11

Unfortunately Mikey, there are some of us who never lose the hunger sensations. . I am one of them. . .always hungry . . . i'm out now a little over a year and still am a starvin' marvin' but this is one of those that we have to learn to challenge. . it's really tough and there are definately days that i literally eat a bite of everything in the house. . .and there are days i really mess up and eat bad food . . but at least i'm not 350 lbs anymore. . .and i'll eventually get there. . .i do try really hard to fight the hunger thing by drinking alot and i mean alot of fluids and that has seemed to work. . .eating Protein Snacks like turkey Jerky, Pork rinds, and cheeses work too . . swigging back those Protein shakes helps as well. . . i know this hunger thing sucks but hang in there and don't let it rule . .. good luck! You can do it!

Hey Mikey,

I am making the transition now. So far, in the realm of "solid" foods I've tried fish and sushi, deli meats, and cheese. Those things seem to go down fine. I have yet to try other meats or veggies. I am going to try steamed broccoli and maybe some chicken stew this week.... going very gradually because I hate the idea of getting sick ;)

i hear ya i'm doing better now just don't like the Protein drink it makes my mouth feel dry after i drink it

I just saw my surgeon for my post-op visit and mentioned always feeling hungry. He said one thing that most people experience is hunger during most of the liquid phase because liquid just doesn't sit around in our stomachs like a solid would. But he assured me that once I start on mushies (end of this week) I'll feel much fuller and more satisfied, so I look forward to that!

Hi Mikey, I was sleeved the day after you. I would take something like prilosec, it could be partly acid. Are you on shakes? I am, no soft food till two wks for me, I can't wait I'm sick of shakes! Good luck, Anne

I was also rather hungry during the liquids phase. You should lose most of your hunger once you're on to solids, when your stomach actually remains full for several hours - the liquids go right through.

I actually think that if you are experiencing actual hunger that this is a good thing; sleevers tend to think that those of us who feel no hunger are the lucky ones but, when you don't feel hunger, there is no difference in your need for food at any time of the day. So, you could always eat, or not eat. It takes more discipline, IMO, to not eat when you are like this, because you no longer have a hunger signal to legitimize eating episodes.

I get quite hungry now, wasn't hungry at all for the first few months, I still think most of it is head hunger though. It's incredible how I can eat more without that much restriction, which is good in a way because I feel "normal" again, I do have to measure my food carefully now though :o

Hey Thinoneday, where do you find the turkey Jerky? What brand is it? I've been eating some of the beef steaks, because they are high in Protein. But I try not to eat them too ften. They do have high sodium.

Try warm or hot liquids .. I find it gives me a full feeling. Early on I was feeling "hungry" alot . I followed the advice on this forum and increased my Fluid intake as well as started a PPI (Nexium). This helped lots. Now, I am NEVER hungry. I actually have to set the timer on my phone to remind me to eat and drink. So strange for someone who used to eat non-stop.B)