Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

Looks like you prepared well .. I asked tons of questions. Did tons of research .. Only thing I wasn't mentally prepared for head hunger ..

Edited by lachellove

Hello everyone! My surgery date is 8/31. I am 40 years old and excited about my future and my new sleeve. I am on my post op diet right now. Everyday gets easier. When my hunger gets unbearable I eat some Protein or veggies.

CONGRATS!!!!!

So days are easier to walk away now so days I need to just taste

. I'm researching how to cope with that, too.
Let me know what you find girl because it is so hard

How was it to get your spouse, family, and friends to support you? I'm the first one in my circle to do this. I'm not sure how this will go when I share with people about my decision. I have spoken to one of my sisters and my husband, and they are ok.

Let me know what you find girl because it is so hard
Dr.May has resources on http://www.amihungry.com
thanks hun!

How was it to get your spouse, family, and friends to support you? I'm the first one in my circle to do this. I'm not sure how this will go when I share with people about my decision. I have spoken to one of my sisters and my husband, and they are ok.

It was very easy for me to have my family support me the only one that was very skeptical about it with my father he did not want me to have the surgery at all but he's come along

New to the group...Hello! Attended a surgical weight loss seminar last Wednesday and was called by the office today for my first surgical consultation. I have BCBSIL and there are no requirements for a supervised medical weight loss program. So as soon as I meet the psyche c/s and nutrition c/s, I can file the paperwork! Looking forward to a healthier me.

New to the group...Hello! Attended a surgical weight loss seminar last Wednesday and was called by the office today for my first surgical consultation. I have BCBSIL and there are no requirements for a supervised medical weight loss program. So as soon as I meet the psyche c/s and nutrition c/s, I can file the paperwork! Looking forward to a healthier me.

Hello I'm new to the group, from Atlanta,GA. Surgery is tomorrow 8/27/15. I am so excited!

Hello I'm new to the group, from Atlanta,GA. Surgery is tomorrow 8/27/15. I am so excited!
Good luck on your surgery

@ Thank you so much :-)

Congrats I know you are glad your day is finally here please make sure you comeback and let us know how everything goes. I myself have 2 more visits cant wait until I am where you are. Goodluck!????

My nutritionist gave me the best advice: change the way you think about food, and eating in general. You're not hungry- you need a Nutritional Opportunity. Think food: I come up with chicken, potatoes , steak. Now think Nutrition: I think if spinach salad with diced turkey meat and a v8 splash. Just changing the word itself changes what I attach to it. It also allows it to be measured. I know I need 60-80 grams of Protein a day, and 64oz Water. Have I met my nutritional goal yet? Nope. Have I met my Food goal yet? Hugh? It's not measure able. So I need 6-8 nutritional opportunities each day. Try it. I'll try to find her website and post it for you.

Edited by Awjones28