Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

I'm sorry ms.lisa I don't know what to say, sounds like you're doing everything right to me. I'm only. 3 weeks out and can't wait to have enough energy to work out like that!

I'm 2 months in and I've lose 40+, down from 22 to 14, yet I feel that I should be smaller than this or maybe I just can't see it. Is this the "blues" (wishing for more than I should) or should I really be losing more weigh? Should I have discomfort when I sit down to eat vegetables or Protein meats like chicken or turkey? Thanks in advance for any advices. April

Hi, April! I think you're right on. I'm two months out and I'm down 43 pounds as of last week. My dr suggested that I'd lose about 50 in the firs three months and then it will slow down. Chin up!! You're doing great! And remember weight loss can vary so widely between people depending on so much it's hard to compare with others. Just know you're in the same range as I am. :-)

Hi there! Bored with Zumba four times a week, I switched to a spin class 1 hour, four times a week.

I'm no pro, not by any means, but you may consider upping your calories to 1200 a day and see if there is improvement. Just my opinion and experience.

Well, I had my 3 month check up, down 47 pounds. I was cleared for the gym and full stream ahead. :D I hope to be down 2 more sizes by the end of May.

Any tips on a good exercise routine?

Had my 3 month follow-up day, I'm down 52lbs. I need to really start working out, it's been hard with all the snow and it took awhile for me to get back to normal. I started with my trainer last week and it felt great to be able to workout and not have some if that extra baggage holding me down.

Good Luck to everyone as we all continue on our Journey!

HW 267

SW 267

CW 215

I'm gonna be sleeved April 7,1014. I would luv to chat with other African American sleevers .

Hey you can add me as a friend if you would like. I was sleeved on February 10, 2014.

Well...Good morning ladies and gents...you don't even want to know how long I've been on here trying to read every word that you all had to say...lol.

Basically, I'm coming to ask everyone who previously posted that follows this thread to please update. I've seen so many great stories and words encouragement along with gainful advice and tips.

Please tell me where you are today in your process and what have you learned new this past week!!

Thanks in advance.

CAN YOU SHOW SOME BEFORE AND AFTERS???

I'm planning a meet up soon at my salon located in the south loop if your interested in coming please msg me your email, the meet up is for those who have had surgery and those who haven't yet, it would be a great way to motivate each other since often times it's hard to tell friends and family...We can clothes swap and share tip and recipes....msg me

So far I've lost 38lbs, lost a total of 85lbs, I've gotten back into the gym, I can't fit ANY of my clothes since everything is way too small, my homies tell me that my head is shrinking as well as my body (please keep it clean!!!), my blood pressure is FINALLY starting to get under control, and I've learned the following:

1 - Some folks think of what you're doing as 'cheating', which I don't understand. The only thing I think I'm cheating is cheating death, since this journey is finally making me healthier.

2 - During this journey, you find out who your TRUE FRIENDS are...fortunately most of my friends have been extremely supportive!

3 - Even at 8 weeks out, if you try to eat too fast, you'll still bring the meal back up!! I have to keep in mind that the lifestyle change is forever, so I have to remember that the old adage of always cleaning your plate should stay as a thing in the past!

I wish everyone much, much success!!!

It's amazing how people change when you take charge of your own health and lose a bunch of weight.

Some of it is genuine concern. Some jealousy. Some folks are just busy bodies and need to have something to say and that's usually to keep the focus off themselves.

I'm tired of going to funerals for my people when they could've prevented death by eating better or losing weight. Diabetes & HBP runs rampant in the AA community. WLS will save more of our lives than gun control. A sad but realistic fact. So go on and cheat death. Lose that weight. Get active. Eat better. Get off those meds. Lose that insulin.

I'm praying for you all

My highest weight was 282. I had surgery August 2012 squeezing into size 20/22

I weighed 142 pounds this morning. I wear a size 4. I'm running, bike riding, swimming, lifting weights and just living life

I gained a few wrinkles in my face because I lost fat there. I'd rather have a few wrinkles than be unhealthy.

Should I feel like a failure only losing 64 pounds including pre op diet in 7months?