Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

Hi all

I'm Sierra. I'm im St. Louis and having surgery next Monday. Started my liquids today. Feeling nervous and excited.

Back2barb78 I am 3 weeks post-op and down 24lbs. You are definitely an inspiration, you have done great at three months out. I wish you continued success on your journey.

We must be close to the same date. I'm 12/18 and loving the sleeve too! I'm also down 24lbs and feel too blessed to have had this surgery with no complications. Very little pain, able to drink fluids and keep my Protein up. So glad to have this forum. Anyone in No. California? I'm Stacie and in the east bay.

Hello Halfpint,

Yes, our days are very close. I was sleeved on the 12/17. The best Christmas present I ever have myself. I pray that you continue to have a good recovery.

Back2barb78<br><br><br> I am 3 weeks post-op and down 24lbs. You are definitely an inspiration, you have done great at three months out. I wish you continued success on your journey.

Thank you J2BT, and you are already off to a great start! I barely lost anything the first few weeks, then it started to fall off, so you are doing wonderful. This sleeve is everything! The time goes by really fast and you should take pictures often, even if just for yourself to see your journey. It takes a lot to step out and share if you tend to be private (me). I didn't realize what has happened honestly until a couple nights ago- you have pictures but then you put them all together and go "wow". It's strange and it's mind blowing. Can't wait to see what happens in another three months. Much love to you and well wishes for success and NO complications :)

Edited by back2barb78

Back2barb78 I am 3 weeks post-op and down 24lbs. You are definitely an inspiration, you have done great at three months out. I wish you continued success on your journey.

We must be close to the same date. I'm 12/18 and loving the sleeve too! I'm also down 24lbs and feel too blessed to have had this surgery with no complications. Very little pain, able to drink fluids and keep my Protein up. So glad to have this forum. Anyone in No. California? I'm Stacie and in the east bay.

Hi, I'm in the north bay. My email is rmm120@outlook.com

Hi, I'm in the north bay. My email is rmm120@outlook.com

Hey ladies and gentleman. I've been on here for a minute and why am I not posting in this thread with my people?! Anyway, I'm 3 months postop as of tomorrow and down 76lbs total. I have before and during pics on my profile and in the before and after thread. Doing great and loving my sleeve 8)

Hey ladies and gentleman. I've been on here for a minute and why am I not posting in this thread with my people?! Anyway, I'm 3 months postop as of tomorrow and down 76lbs total. I have before and during pics on my profile and in the before and after thread. Doing great and loving my sleeve 8)

Wow...congrats!!! I'm still about 3 weeks pre-op. My surgery date is Jan 27th. Hopefully I'll be as successful as you are...keep up the great work!!!

Sleevers, I'm 4 months out. Feel good but have questions.

How many meals should I be eating at 4 months out?

How much can your stomach hold tight now?

Want to loose fat percentage, how do you do this as a sleever?

HW 260

SW 234

CW 199

From 22/24

Now. 14/16

Goal 40-50 more pounds and 8/10

</blockquote> <p>Wow...congrats!!! I'm still about 3 weeks pre-op. My surgery date is Jan 27th. Hopefully I'll be as successful as you are...keep up the great work!!!</p>

BryBro, thank you so much for your kind words :) And best wishes for a smooth recovery postop. sleep and drink and sleep some more :)

Sleevers, I'm 4 months out. Feel good but have questions.<br><br> How many meals should I be eating at 4 months out?<br> How much can your stomach hold tight now?<br> Want to loose fat percentage, how do you do this as a sleever?<br><br> HW 260<br> SW 234<br> CW 199<br><br> From 22/24 <br> Now. 14/16<br> Goal 40-50 more pounds and 8/10

Great questions. My surgeon has encouraged me to have three meals a day and that started week two post-op. He said I may need a snack, but that I should get into the habit of having meals and not snacking. My surgeons makes a fairly tight pouch and says my meals should be two to three ounces tops. I'm three weeks out and can barely get two ozs in. Hopefully by four months I'll be able to and maintain about 600-800 until I lose the full amount of weight. Hope that help, but I also know my dr is on the conservative side.

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie, December 20th. I've lost 25LBS since then :D. Did anyone have friends or family members that just couldn't understand your decision?

Edited by ambg

Didn't have surgery yet. I know some will b jealous, in other words there will b haters and unsupportive people. But it's ur health and ur life. Do u chose life or death. Wen u die they r gonna say the weight killed her she should have taken better care of herself. Now with that being said. U decide. Can't make everyone happy.

Hi everyone.

I just wanted to drop in and introduce myself to everyone. I was sleeved on the 19th of Dec. As of last week I was 23 pounds down. I will have my 3 week post op weigh in tomorrow. I love my sleeve with all my heart. No complications. No pain. Having trouble remembering to eat and drink but that's not the worse thing in the world! :) wishing everyone the best!

Welcome newbies. It looks like you all are off to a great start!