Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

My surgery is in less than 5 hours..... im so nervous... Ive been crying on and off the whole day.... But I know GOD got my back..... Satan just tryin to creep in.. about to feed my spirit.....

Don't let him! Everything will be just fine :)

Hello Sistahs and Brothers:

Sleeved on September 23rd! and doing great! I was amazed that I had no complications but I should have expected no less when I put my trust and faith in God. My hospital stay was a wonderful. Virginia Hospital Center is the best!!! A sarcoidoisis survivor I had no complications what so ever. I am down 17 lbs. so far. The pain has eased up and I am anxious to get into the gym but for now I will stick with walking everyday. Not off the steriod though but down to 5 mgs. This seems to make my weightloss slower but that's okay too.

So to those of you who are getting ready to be sleeved ... you are in my prayers!

I am going to be sleeved on 10/22/13. The Vitamins that I am taking now are the calcium citrate, B12, Vitamin D, Centrum one a day for women, Vitamin C, and a b1 Vitamin. I believe that is everything.

My surgery is in less than 5 hours..... im so nervous... Ive been crying on and off the whole day.... But I know GOD got my back..... Satan just tryin to creep in.. about to feed my spirit.....
congrats n best wishes yes God has you no worries and a speedy recovery

God bless you! Prayers up!!! You will be fine.

Whoo child yesterday and today were rough! I wanna eat regular food! I so wish my diet wasn't so strict. I wish I could fast forward to Wednesday so this can be over. How's yours going?

My is not that bad except for me having to do a quick procedure before I do the surgery...I can't wait to get back on the pre op diet..this "nothing I can't eat for two days" is not working

The surgery went great.. im still in the hospital having trouble getting fluids down

Sending up prayers for you...just take it one day at a time..I hear it gets easier. I can't wait till my turn...

Sending up prayers for you...just take it one day at a time..I hear it gets easier. I can't wait till my turn...

Sending prayers now for speedy recovery

The surgery went great.. im still in the hospital having trouble getting fluids down

Just chew on the ice! And ask for warm broth! Sip on that! When you get home sip on fluids room temperature.. Water is the hardest to get down! Don't panic I promise it gets better! I'm two months out and I only can drink 4 ounces at a time! But I'm excited because I use to only be able to take 4 sips and be done! You will be ok! Congratulations! And welcome to the new you!

Sip sips and sip try sugar free Popsicles fur Fluid intake. Right now your biggest battle will be fighting against becoming dehydrated. Oh! Welcome to the other side of sleeve life. I'm 2 1/2 months and have not had any major complications. It amazing. It does require tremendous discipline I kid you not. It a tool that you have to learn to work to your advantage for a successful weight loss journey. Keep me posted.

Hello

My SD was. 8-19-13, coming up on almost 2 months I can finally say I am GREAT. After 2 additional hospital visits, unable to keep any food or liquids down, at the end of September I realized that eating my first meal and keeping it down was a celebration for me. My weight for surgery was 240 as if today I am down 40 this was my first goal of 200 lbs. this is something to Celebrate. I set up 2 goals the first 40 lbs and my next goal is loss between 30 & 40 lbs. this weight loss journey was hard at times , but this bright light is getting closer. My BP is not controlled with meds, by border line High Sugar is gone my knees don't hurt when I walk or climb stairs. My clothes are fitting normal again. Went down 3-4 dress sizes and my jeans are down to 14 from size 18 women ( size 20) we cheat when we shop. Looking forward to getting back to work 2 months out was great, but my mind is losing itself.

Till later

Thank you for all the support