Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

My date is 10/23. XOXO look forward to meeting you on the losers bench!!!!

Thank you so much for your encouraging words. This forum has been such a blessing to have the support from others that understand. I will be sending up prayers for you on 10/23 that your procedures go well and that you have a speedy recovery..I have a little longer on my journey as my health insurance approved me, but I have a $2500 co insurance for my procedure. Which is ironic as I work for the hospital that I am having the surgery done. But I am planning for 12/2/13. My current weight is 215 I'm 5'3" with a BMI of 38.1 I have type 2 diabetes, HBP,High Cholesterol, Asthma and sleep Apnea (so ready to drop those ailments) Please keep us updated with your progess. And I'll see less of you soon! God Bless

Thank you so much for your encouraging words. This forum has been such a blessing to have the support from others that understand. I will be sending up prayers for you on 10/23 that your procedures go well and that you have a speedy recovery..I have a little longer on my journey as my health insurance approved me' date=' but I have a 2500 co insurance for my procedure. Which is ironic as I work for the hospital that I am having the surgery done. But I am planning for 12/2/13. My current weight is 215 I'm 5'3" with a BMI of 38.1 I have type 2 diabetes, HBP,High Cholesterol, Asthma and sleep Apnea (so ready to drop those ailments) Please keep us updated with your progess. And I'll see less of you soon! God Bless[/quote']

Will do! Thanks and love and blessings your way!!! ;-)

Thank you so much for your encouraging words. This forum has been such a blessing to have the support from others that understand. I will be sending up prayers for you on 10/23 that your procedures go well and that you have a speedy recovery..I have a little longer on my journey as my health insurance approved me' date=' but I have a 2500 co insurance for my procedure. Which is ironic as I work for the hospital that I am having the surgery done. But I am planning for 12/2/13. My current weight is 215 I'm 5'3" with a BMI of 38.1 I have type 2 diabetes, HBP,High Cholesterol, Asthma and sleep Apnea (so ready to drop those ailments) Please keep us updated with your progess. And I'll see less of you soon! God Bless[/quote']

Will do! Thanks and love and blessings your way!!! ;-)

Just FYI I've been in a stall for nearly six weeks, the doc scale last week was wrong off 23 lbs. after going to two more docs this week the scale says the same as my home scale the 3 weeks prior.

Now, what I'm taking from thus I have dropped 4 dress sizes and everyone says I look great and also I should be done.

At only loss of 46 lbs over 5 months it's a bit discouraging , but surgeon says its a bug in my colon ( anyone experience ?). And do yogurt and prolisec for two weeks.

Then the nut said its because I'm getting in too few calories. So I'm to increase from 1000 to 1200 per day..

So update you all in a couple of weeks. Please pray and God bless.

Just FYI I've been in a stall for nearly six weeks, the doc scale last week was wrong off 23 lbs. after going to two more docs this week the scale says the same as my home scale the 3 weeks prior.

Now, what I'm taking from thus I have dropped 4 dress sizes and everyone says I look great and also I should be done.

At only loss of 46 lbs over 5 months it's a bit discouraging , but surgeon says its a bug in my colon ( anyone experience ?). And do yogurt and prolisec for two weeks.

Then the nut said its because I'm getting in too few calories. So I'm to increase from 1000 to 1200 per day..

So update you all in a couple of weeks. Please pray and God bless.

Just FYI I've been in a stall for nearly six weeks' date=' the doc scale last week was wrong off 23 lbs. after going to two more docs this week the scale says the same as my home scale the 3 weeks prior. Now, what I'm taking from thus I have dropped 4 dress sizes and everyone says I look great and also I should be done. At only loss of 46 lbs over 5 months it's a bit discouraging , but surgeon says its a bug in my colon ( anyone experience ?). And do yogurt and prolisec for two weeks. Then the nut said its because I'm getting in too few calories. So I'm to increase from 1000 to 1200 per day.. So update you all in a couple of weeks. Please pray and God bless.[/quote']

How much more do you want to lose?

Just FYI I've been in a stall for nearly six weeks' date=' the doc scale last week was wrong off 23 lbs. after going to two more docs this week the scale says the same as my home scale the 3 weeks prior. Now, what I'm taking from thus I have dropped 4 dress sizes and everyone says I look great and also I should be done. At only loss of 46 lbs over 5 months it's a bit discouraging , but surgeon says its a bug in my colon ( anyone experience ?). And do yogurt and prolisec for two weeks. Then the nut said its because I'm getting in too few calories. So I'm to increase from 1000 to 1200 per day.. So update you all in a couple of weeks. Please pray and God bless.[/quote']

60 as it would put me in the fat % and BMI for a big bone aa female. And hopefully that's a size 12. I'm just getting into 16 from 24 at start. Most importantly I would be rid of at least three current meds including insulin.

Can anyone tell me what kind of Vitamins they took/taking post op? I just got my approval and my surgery is schedule for Oct. 16th and I want to be prepared when I come home from the hospital.

All response are appreciated! :)

Can anyone tell me what kind of Vitamins they took/taking post op? I just got my approval and my surgery is schedule for Oct. 16th and I want to be prepared when I come home from the hospital. All response are appreciated! :)

I am taking a multi Vitamin, Calcium, Vitamin D, and Iron, all Adult gummies. My Doctor had products in his office but those chewable vitamins did not agree with my new tummy. He advised me to buy what works best for me. I am using all Kroger brand. They agree with me and I have tons of energy. Sending blessing your way. I'm excited for you. Please check back so that I can hear your Victories!

I'm feeling some kind of way right now. Had my first appt with my surgeon and found out that I had gained weight. It looks like I have to do a three month diet before surgery and I'm concerned bc of the recent gain. I get so busy caring for my children in the mornings and before I know it, it's 2pm and I realize I haven't eaten yet. You would think I would be maintaining or maybe loosing a few pounds! So ready for my nutrition appts to start so I can get this under control!

Can anyone tell me what kind of Vitamins they took/taking post op? I just got my approval and my surgery is schedule for Oct. 16th and I want to be prepared when I come home from the hospital. All response are appreciated! :)

I can only tolerate children's flinstone vitamins and I do a B-12.

Can anyone tell me what kind of Vitamins they took/taking post op? I just got my approval and my surgery is schedule for Oct. 16th and I want to be prepared when I come home from the hospital.

All response are appreciated! :)

Ima lil' over 3months out. I take a multi- Vitamin, Iron, Calcium, B-12(2,300mcg), Biotin (20,000mcg)